U.S Department of the Army .
Redstone Arsenal's Family, Morale, Welfare and Recreation (FMWR) has many award winning services available such as recreation, sports and fitness, child youth and school services, golf, bowling, club, arts and crafts, a library and much, much more! These serves are made available as a result of the extraordinary NAF Employee workforce that is the focal point of what we do.Redstone Arsenal FMWR strive to be your \First Choice\ for all quality of life services.As a member of our FMWR Team, you and your immediate family members are entitled to utilize all FMWR Facilities and Services.
This position is located at Mills Road Child Development Center (CDC).Serves as a Cook providing breakfast and lunch meals for children under the age of five.Army Child Development Centers (CDCs) are on-post childcare centers that offer full-day, part-day and hourly care for children in rich and stimulating environments where children can develop motor, cognitive, social and emotional skills through a balance of exploration and planned curriculum.Learning activities are designed to support the natural development of children and include individual, small group and large group experiences.
\Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community, student, social).Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment.You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.\
Learn more about this agency
* Serves as a Cook, in accordance with (IAW) all applicable regulations and standards.Applies knowledge and skill to assist in planning and implementing a comprehensive food service program that follows the policies and procedures of the USDA Child and Adult Care Food Program (CACFP).Follows standard recipes and separate 4-6 seasonal cycle menus IAW USDA CACFP and Army policies (i.e...portion sizes, meal patterns, and \seconds\ requirements).
* Performs a variety of food preparation and cooking tasks such as cleaning, paring, peeling, slicing, dicing; grilling, frying, baking broiling, pouring liquids and mixing ingredients.Prepares a variety of foods and desserts according to menu requirements.Prep and cook a variety of more complicated\/time consuming foods such as meats poultry, seafood, vegetables, stews, casseroles, gravies, sauces, and baked goods following standard recipes.Make a variety of sandwiches, salads and salad dressings.Adjusts recipes for larger or smaller quantities, and slices meat by hand and by mechanical means, to specific requirements.Prepares eggs in a variety of ways, French toast, and pancakes.Follows health and safety precautions to ensure safe preparation and storage of food items, and monitors and maintains appropriate temperature of all food items throughout preparation and service.
* Operates & uses, cleans and maintains power kitchen equipment, and keeps cooking utensils cleaned and ready for use.Scrubs and cleans heavier pot and pans.Keeps working area clean in accordance with standard sanitation requirements.
* Apportions food into serving containers, and determines proper amounts food to be delivered IAW portions size and \second helping\ requirements.Delivers\/collects meals\/snack carts from facility areas to kitchen as required and\/or aids in food delivery to other facilities\/sites without cooking capabilities.Provides food delivery methods to support appropriate age-group eating style (ie...family style dining in CDCs, self-serve in SAS, etc...) Meets with supervisor\/staff to coordinate infant feeding plans and child\/youth allergies\/substitutions when required.
* Provides suggestions to supervisor on recommended food\/supply purchases\/orders and recipes\/menu.Works with Food and Nutrition Specialists to prepare menus, submit food orders and purchase requests.Coordinates the loading\/unloading of foods\/supplies, and keeps all records on food used, portions prepared, meals served, and inventory.
### Travel Required
##### Supervisory status
##### Promotion Potential
* #### Job family (Series)
#### Similar jobs
* Cooks, All Other
* Cooks, School
* School Cooks
### Conditions of Employment
* If selected, a completed and signed copy of our job application form (DA Form 3433) is required prior to entrance on duty.(Click here to view form or copy this URL to your browser: www.apd.army.mil\/pub\/eforms\/DRa\/pdf\/A3433Final.pdf).
* You must meet all qualification requirements by the closing date of this announcement
* Social Security Card must be presented at time of appointment.
* Direct Deposit is required.
* Satisfactorily complete an employment verification (E-Verify) check.
* A one year probationary period may be required.
* Prior to appointment, a male citizen or a male person residing in the United States who was born on or after January 1, 1960 and is between 18 to 25 years of age is required to register with the Selective Service.Please visit ss.gov\/Registration\/Check-a-Registration\/Verification-Form to obtain a copy of your Selective Service Registration Form.
* All required background checks of AR 215-3, must be successfully completed and maintained including Child and Youth National Agency Check with Inquires (CNACI); to include a health assessment is required.Must be 18 years of age at time of employment.Satisfactory completion of pre-employment background checks in accordance with AR 215-3, 2-15m, and a Child Care Tier 1 background investigation is required.Must have current health assessment which documents good mental and physical health, freedom from communicable disease, and immunizations IAW current Army and DoD policy including annual influenza vaccinations.
* For positions in Child Development Centers, possess & maintain the physical ability to lift and carry up to 40 lbs., walk, bend, stoop, and stand on a routine basis.Incumbent is legally required to report all suspected incidents of child abuse\/neglect.Individuals who have been trained will be required to administer routine and rescue medications prescribed by a physician to children\/youth, perform CPR and first aid, & aid in providing a reasonable accommodation to children\/youth with a special need.Travel to on and off post locations may be required.
* A minimum of 6 months of work experience directly related to the duties described above, that included skill in working with professional kitchen appliances and equipment.Be able to communicate (verbal and written) in English.Ability to lift and carry up to 40 lbs.on a routine basis.
### Additional information
* Additional selections may be made from this vacancy announcement for up to 90 days after the closing date.
* Payment Permanent Change of Station (PCS) costs is not authorized, based on a determination that a PCS move is not in the Government's interest.
* Please check out our Applicant Information Kit to view additional information you may find useful when applying for our jobs.(Click hereto view kit or copy this URL: rmy.mil\/employ\/NAF\/NAFApplicantInformationKit.pdf
* Satisfactory completion of a minimum of 4 hours initial food sanitation and safety training is required within 30 days of employment and a minimum of 4 hours refresher training annually.
* Assist with \on the job training\ of other kitchen staff members, and serves as consultant to youth cooking clubs\/health and fitness programs as required, and follows risk management procedures (i.e..abuse prevention, identification, and reporting procedures; accident prevention etc)
### How You Will Be Evaluated
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Applicants can claim the following eligibilities:
* NAF Preference - Involuntarily Separated From the Military
* NAF Preference - Spouse Employment Preference (SEP)
* NAF Priority Consideration - Business Based Action
* NAF Priority Consideration - Current Appropriated Funds Employee CNE (APF)
* NAF Priority Consideration - Current\/Former NAF Employee (CNE\/FNE)
* NAF Priority Consideration - Outside Applicant Veteran (OAV)
* NAF Priority Consideration - Spouse\/Widow\/Parent of Veteran (OAV)
### Background checks and security clearance
##### Security clearance
Public Trust - Background Investigation
* Required Documents
## Required Documents
**The following documents must be submitted with your application:**
**Optional:** Job Application (DA Form 3433) will accepted in place of a Resume.
***The below items are accepted and may be needed to support a qualification and\/or a claimed priority\/preference:***
* Cover Letter
* DA Form 3434 Notification of Personnel Action; PCS Orders
#### If you are relying on your education to meet qualification requirements:
Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S.Department of Education in order for it to be credited towards qualifications.Therefore, provide only the attendance and\/or degrees from schools accredited by accrediting institutions recognized by the U.S.Department of Education.
Failure to provide all of the required information as stated in this vacancy announcement may result in an ineligible rating or may affect the overall rating.
Review our benefits
* How to Apply
## How to Apply
You may submit your application package using one of the two methods identified below:
1.**Electronically** (preferred) at sajobs.gov\/ and search for Vacancy Identification Number (VIN)
2.**Manually**: A manual application can be obtained by contacting the servicing NAF Human Resources Office listed on this vacancy announcement.
* If you would like to apply manually, please contact the servicing NAF Human Resources representative listed on this job announcement to request a copy of the manual application form.
* All completed manual application forms (along with resume and other supporting documentation) must be received no later than 3:00 p.m.on the closing date of this announcement in order to process your application in a timely manner.
***Neglecting to respond to the job related questions will result in an ineligible rating.***
### Agency contact information
### Rosalinda Scarborough
BK-NAF-W0WFAA US ARMY GARRISON REDSTONE
DO NOT MAIL
Redstone Arsenal, AL
Learn more about this agency
### Next steps
Your resume will be reviewed to verify that qualification requirements have been met.We appreciate your interest in this position!
* Fair & Transparent
## Fair & Transparent
The Federal hiring process is setup to be fair and transparent.Please read the following guidance.
### Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
The United States Government does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
* Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) for federal employees & job applicants
### Reasonable Accommodation Policy
Federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities where appropriate.Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process should contact the hiring agency directly.Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis.
A reasonable accommodation is any change to a job, the work environment, or the way things are usually done that enables an individual with a disability to apply for a job, perform job duties or receive equal access to job benefits.
Under the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodations when:
* An applicant with a disability needs an accommodation to have an equal opportunity to apply for a job.
* An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to perform the essential job duties or to gain access to the workplace.
* An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to receive equal access to benefits, such as details, training, and office-sponsored events.
You can request a reasonable accommodation at any time during the application or hiring process or while on the job.Requests are considered on a case-by-case basis.
Learn more about disability employment and reasonable accommodations or how to contact an agency.
#### Legal and regulatory guidance
* Financial suitability
* Social security number request
* Privacy Act
* Signature and false statements
* Selective Service
* New employee probationary period
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov.For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov\/GetJob\/ViewDetails\/493335500.Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.
*Open & closing dates:* 03\/08\/2018 to 03\/12\/2018
*Salary:* $11.46 to $13.37 per hour
*Pay scale & grade:* NA 6
*Work schedule:* Full-Time
*Appointment type:* Permanent
U.S Department of the Army .
Website : http://www.usarj.army.mil