New York City Department of Health and Mental Hygiene
DEPT OF HEALTH/MENTAL HYGIENE
Job Posting Notice
# of Positions:
Civil Service Title:
Title Code No:
CUSTOMER INFORMATION REP
Communications & Intergovernmental Affairs
Proposed Salary Range:
$ 34,827.00 - $ 34,827.00 (Annual)
421 East 26th Street NY NY
THIS POSITION IS OPEN TO EMPLOYEES CURRENT SERVING AS A PERMANENT CUSTOMER INFORMATION REPRESENTATIVE OR ON THE CURRENT CIVIL SERVICE LIST EXAM #3020
OFFICE OF CHIEF MEDICAL EXAMINER
CITYWIDE JOB VACANCY NOTICE
Civil Service Title: Customer Information Representative
Title Code No: 60888
Office Title: Communications Specialist
Work Location: 421 East 26th Street, NYC
Division/Work Unit: Communications
Number of Positions: 1
Hours/Shift: Thirty-five hours over a seven day period; rotating days and evenings.
The core values of the OCME are to put the mission of the agency first, to be truly dedicated, and to have integrity in every aspect of our professional life. Under the general direction of the Deputy Director of the Forensic Operations Department and specifically under the supervision of a Communications Lead Supervisor, incumbent will facilitate communication between OCME Forensic Operations personnel and relevant stakeholders reporting deaths to the OCME. Duties will include but are not limited to:
Answer telephones and obtains vital information from law enforcement agencies, various medical facilities, funeral homes, hospital nursing homes, and the public.
Accurately enters data into OCME's Case Intake computerized data-base system.
Notifies Medicolegal Investigators of their assigned cases and all pertinent information necessary to investigate that case
Provide all pertinent information necessary to the Medical Examiner Transport Team to recover assigned cases.
Provide all pertinent information necessary to agency staff to support high profile and / or emergency operations.
Other duties as assigned
Minimum Qual Requirements
1. A baccalaureate degree from an accredited college or university; or
2. An associate degree from an accredited college or university and two years of satisfactory, full-time experience responding to inquiries utilizing computers, databases and information technology systems for researching the answers to questions in a customer service, help desk or public information capacity; or
3. A four-year high school diploma or its educational equivalent approved by a State's Department of Education or a recognized accrediting organization and four years of satisfactory, full-time experience as described in 2 above; or
4. A satisfactory combination of education and experience. Satisfactory, full-time experience working for a New York City government agency responding to inquiries utilizing computers, databases and information technology systems for researching the answers to questions in a customer service, help desk or public information capacity may be substituted on the basis of one year of NYC government work experience for two years of the experience described in 2 above. College credit may be substituted for the experience in a customer service, help desk or public information capacity on the basis of 30 semester credits for each year of the experience described in 2 above. However, all candidates must possess a four-year high school diploma or its educational equivalent approved by a State's Department of Education or a recognized accrediting organization.
To be eligible for assignment to Assignment Level II, candidates must have, in addition to meeting the above Qualification Requirements, one more year of the satisfactory full-time
experience described in 2 above.
To be eligible for assignment to Assignment Level III, candidates must have, in addition to meeting the Qualification Requirements for Assignment Level I, two more years of the satisfactory full-time experience described in 2 above.
1. Selected candidates will be required to provide a DNA sample by swabbing.
2. This position has been identified as essential. During emergency events, essential positions may require 24-hour availability.
3. Must be permanent in the Customer Information Representative title or on the current Customer Information Representative civil service list in order to apply.
TO APPLY, PLEASE SUBMIT RESUME AND COVER LETTER TO: (please use the apply button below) (JOB ID 336452)
Please note that only candidates selected for the interview will be contacted for this position.
New York City residency is generally required within 90 days of appointment. However, City Employees in certain titles who have worked for the City for 2 continuous years may also be eligible to reside in Nassau, Suffolk, Putnam, Westchester, Rockland, or Orange County. To determine if the residency requirement applies to you, please discuss with the agency representative at the time of interview.
The City of New York is an Equal Opportunity Employer
New York City Department of Health and Mental Hygiene
Website : http://www.nyc.gov/html/doh/html/home/home.shtml
The Health Department unveiled a new anti-obesity campaign educating New Yorkers on the potential health risks, for both children and adults, of consuming too many sugary drinks. The ads highlight how sugary drinks can bring on obesity and diabetes, both of which can lead to serious health problems like heart disease and stroke. Accompanying these ads is a new Health Department Epi Data Brief on diabetes and its complications. According to the new report, in 2011, there were over 20,000 hospitalizations for diabetes and nearly 5,500 adults on dialysis due to diabetes, a 65% increase in the number of adults on dialysis due to diabetes since 2000.