$0.00 to $0.00
Open & closing dates
$0 to $0 per year
Pay scale & grade
Full-Time - Full Time
1 vacancy in the following location:
San Francisco, CA
Relocation expenses reimbursed
This job is open to
U.S. citizens, nationals or those who owe allegiance to the U.S., and excepted service employees.
2018-02-12 ITS-SA amc
ABOUT PRESIDIO TRUST INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY
Our Information Technology (IT) team has established a strong foundation of technology and operational excellence; utilizing technology efficiently, effectively and strategically to achieve the Presidio Trusts vision and meet the needs of Trust employees, partners and the people they serve. The IT organization is responsible for supporting and maintaining the necessary infrastructure to sustain the equivalent of a small city, and provides Trust-wide infrastructure services including systems and operations, networking, telecommunications, and application development and support. We strive to continually perfect our operations, streamline processes, expand access to services, and improve consistency and performance across the organization.
Learn more about this agency
The Presidio is the largest preservation effort underway in the United States. Professionals in historic preservation, archaeology , historic landscape architecture, materials conservation, forestry, curatorial practices, construction and engineering work together to renew and revive the Presidio's physical legacy. The Presidio encompasses 1,491 acres, 477 individually significant historic buildings, 6 million square feet of office space, and among other features, more than 180 historic objects including roadways, gates, walls, and a cannon. To date, 325 historic buildings have been fully or partially rehabilitated, 444 historic residential units have been rehabilitated and are now occupied, and 10 historic landscapes have been rehabilitated.
Our ideal candidate brings a strong grasp of best-practices in system administration theories, concepts and methods, and has great troubleshooting abilities and attention to detail. You are an active participant in maintaining, supporting, installing, and deploying information systems; and you are self-motivated, spending time to develop and enhance exceptional solutions to business needs.
- Serve as technical project leader of information systems automation projects which span all life cycle phases from requirements definition to acceptance testing and implementation.
- Provide support to the Trust on projects and processes related to Yardi and other critical systems.
- Work with stakeholders to help define, implement and execute an overarching systems strategy; and develop and enhance current software solutions.
- Configure applications to support property-related process enhancement activities.
- Work with the user base to understand needs and establish IT strategies that improve business process efficiency and sustainability.
- Ensure that project status, issues and successes are communicated to project team, stakeholders, sponsors, steering committee and all levels of management; and document appropriately.
- Research new features and recommend product enhancements to meet business needs.
- Coordinate, test, troubleshoot and implement system upgrades and enhancements.
- Manage all user access and responsibilities. Ensure appropriate access is granted and responsibilities are appropriate for end user needs. Ensure menus provide appropriate segregation of duties.
- Plan and develop a broad range of IT activities, including in-depth analysis of technical and non-technical factors related to defining IT business needs.
- Maintain and assist in set-up and design of reporting requirements and procedures.
- Assist in the definition of project scope and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders and ensuring technical feasibility.
- Coordinate internal resources and third parties/vendors for the flawless execution of projects.
- Develop a detailed project plan to monitor and track progress, ensuring that all projects are delivered on-time, within scope and within budget.
- Provide technical advice and assistance to other technical analysts and technicians regarding system design, development, and integration.
- Manage changes to the project scope, schedule and costs, reporting to management as needed.
- Successfully manage relationships with clients and stakeholders.
- Provide assistance in the area of audit controls and compliance.
- Respond to IT Help Desk inquires and problems, and train end users in proper application uses.
- Work with IT staff to maintain system software, hardware, operating system, and communications.
Occasional travel - Little to No Travel Required
Who May Apply
This job is open to…
All groups of qualified individuals
Questions? This job is open to 1 group.
Job family (Series)
2210 Information Technology Management
Conditions of Employment
- You must be a U.S. citizen to qualify for this position.
BACKGROUND INVESTIGATION - The Presidio Trust has identified this position as subject to a Presidio Trust Standard background investigation without a credit check, which shall consist of a review of applicable county, state and Federal criminal and civil records. An individuals granting of a background investigation and resulting report is voluntary. However, employment in this sensitive position is contingent upon the successful completion of an employment background investigation. The Presidio Trust may refuse to hire an individual, may rescind an offer of employment to an individual, or may review and terminate the employment of a current employee not successfully completing the background investigation.
FINANCIAL DISCLOSURE - This position requires completion of a Financial Disclosure Report, both as a New Entrant into the position and annually thereafter. The purpose of the financial disclosure system is to assist employees and their agencies in avoiding conflicts between official duties and private financial interests or affiliations.
See Technical Qualifications
- Bachelors degree from a four-year college or university; and at least 3 years of specialized experience that includes: a) managing business systems and software applications; b) performing administration and maintenance of IT systems; c) ensuring compliance with system security standards; and d) resolving complex hardware and software issues.
- Mastery of business process engineering concepts and methods sufficient to identify improvements in the way information technology is applied to key business functions.
- Ability to provide expert technical advice, guidance, and recommendations to management and other technical specialists on critical IT issues.
- Ability to apply project management principles, methods, and practices, including developing plans and schedules, estimating resource requirements, defining milestones and deliverables, monitoring activities, and evaluating and reporting on accomplishments.
- Ability to apply oral and written communication techniques sufficient to ensure integration of IT programs and services and develop solutions to integration/interoperability issues.
- Passion for parks; strong desire to work for the Presidio
- Proficiency in SQL scripting, Crystal Reports, and Relational DB theory
- Familiarity with Yardi, Oracle, and Ungerboeck systems
See Technical Qualifications
This job is being filled by an alternative hiring process and is not in the competitive civil service.
How You Will Be Evaluated
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
You will be evaluated based upon the question responses you provide during a structured interview. In responding to structured interview questions you should be sure to cite specific examples of experience, explain exactly what you did, and the outcome.
Background checks and security clearance
Q - Nonsensitive
Presidio Trust Employment Application (download here: https://www.presidio.gov/presidio-trust/jobs-internal/Shared Documents/Employment Application.pdf)
If you are relying on your education to meet qualification requirements:
Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education in order for it to be credited towards qualifications. Therefore, provide only the attendance and/or degrees from schools accredited by accrediting institutions recognized by the U.S. Department of Education
Failure to provide all of the required information as stated in this vacancy announcement may result in an ineligible rating or may affect the overall rating.
A career with the U.S. Government provides employees with a comprehensive benefits package. As a federal employee, you and your family will have access to a range of benefits that are designed to make your federal career very rewarding. Learn more about federal benefits
The Trust provides the following benefits to eligible employees, and more:
Alternative Work Schedules
Federal Employees Retirement System
Flexible Spending Plan
Federal Employees Health Benefits Plan
Federal Thrift Savings Plan
Vacation (annual leave) Benefits
Vision Care Insurance
Review our benefits
Eligibility for benefits depends on the type of position you hold and whether your position is full-time, part-time, or intermittent. Contact the hiring agency for more information on the specific benefits offered.
How to Apply
How to Apply
The Presidio Trust is an equal opportunity employer, offering a competitive benefits package. To apply call (415) 561-5300 (Monday-Friday, 8 am 5 pm) to request an application package, OR download the application from our website, www.presidio.gov, and mail the application to Human Resources, Presidio Trust, P.O. Box 29052, San Francisco, CA 94129-0052.
Agency contact information
Presidio Trust Human Resources
103 Montgomery Street
San Francisco, California
Learn more about this agency
Applications received by March 5th, 2018 will receive first consideration. We are planning to hold the first round of interviews beginning the week of March 12th, the second round of interviews beginning the week of March 19th, make a job offer in late-March, and set a work start date in April, 2018.
Fair & Transparent
Fair & Transparent
The Federal hiring process is setup to be fair and transparent. Please read the following guidance.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
The United States Government does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) for federal employees & job applicants
Reasonable Accommodation Policy
Federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities where appropriate. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process should contact the hiring agency directly. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis.
A reasonable accommodation is any change to a job, the work environment, or the way things are usually done that enables an individual with a disability to apply for a job, perform job duties or receive equal access to job benefits.
Under the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodations when: An applicant with a disability needs an accommodation to have an equal opportunity to apply for a job.
An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to perform the essential job duties or to gain access to the workplace.
An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to receive equal access to benefits, such as details, training, and office-sponsored events.
You can request a reasonable accommodation at any time during the application or hiring process or while on the job. Requests are considered on a case-by-case basis.
Learn more about disability employment and reasonable accommodations
or how to contact an agency.
Legal and regulatory guidance
Social security number request
Signature and false statements
New employee probationary period
Note: We cannot accept applications on behalf of Federal Agencies. Application instructions are listed within the Job Description.
Website : http://www.presidio.gov
The Presidio Trust is a distinctive federal agency created to save an historic American place and transform it to fulfill a new national purpose. The Presidio’s transformation into a national park site is one of the most interesting and remarkable base realignments in the country – one that is bringing together funding and expertise from government, the private and non-profit sectors, and the philanthropic community.