Click on Learn more about this agency button below to view Eligibilities being considered and other IMPORTANT information.
This is an Air Reserve Technician (ART) position. ARTs are part of the regular career civil service and enjoy all the benefits granted to Federal employees in the competitive civil service. In addition, ARTs are required to maintain their active membership in the AF Reserve unit where assigned. ARTs receive on average one weekend of military training per month.
Learn more about this agency
* The primary purpose of this position is to serves as the Senior Enlisted Air Reserve Technician responsible for accomplishing a variety of tasks to ensure completion of organization's wartime mission.
* Performs full range of duties in planning for the overall function of the Air Force Reserve FSS. Exercises supervisory personnel management responsibilities.
* Performs work for the planning and management of the administrative budget and related financial documents.
* Plans, organizes, and directs the activities of Military Personnel Programs, ensuring Military Personnel Section (MPS) complies with legal and regulatory requirements and meets customer needs.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
* Job family (Series)
0201 Human Resources Management
* Human Resources Specialists
* Specialists, Human Resources
HelpRequirements Conditions of Employment
* U.S. Citizenship is required
* Must be a current member of the AF Reserve or willing/qualified to join
* A security clearance may be required
* PCS expenses will be paid IAW JTR and Air Force Regulations
* Males must be registered for Selective Service, see ***** Total salary varies depending on location of position
* This posn is subject to provisions of the DoD Priority Placement Program
* Position may be subject to random drug testing
* Employee may be required to work other than normal duty hours, to include evenings, weekends and/or holidays
* Shift work and emergency overtime may be required
* Employee must maintain current certifications
* Disclosure of Political Appointments
* Military AFSC and Grade: 3F091 / E-8
Applicants must have at least one (1) year of specialized experience at the next lower grade GS-09, or equivalent in other pay systems. Examples of specialized experience includes managing special projects which cross organizational lines and which require substantial knowledge of the principles and procedures used in the collection of data and analysis of that data; Acting as a technical expert and providing guidance on such programs as officer and enlisted promotions, performance reports, reenlistment, service extensions, ID card eligibility, quality force programs and casualties; Compiling and analyzing data to accurately identify trends, deficiencies, and accomplishments; and Advising commanders, key managers, and supervisors on the full range of military human resources management programs.
Education: Ph.D. or equivalent doctoral degree or 3 full years of progressively higher level graduate education leading to such a degree which demonstrates the knowledge, skills, and abilities necessary to do the work of the position. NOTE: You must submit a copy of official transcripts.
LL.M., if related. NOTE: You must submit a copy of official transcripts.
Combination of Education and Experience: A combination of education and experience may be used to qualify for this position as long as the computed percentage of the requirements is at least 100%. NOTE: You must submit a copy of official transcripts.
FEDERALTIME-IN-GRADE (TIG) REQUIREMENT FOR GENERAL SCHEDULE (GS) POSITIONS: Merit promotion applicants must meet applicable time-in-grade requirements to be considered eligible. One year at the GS-09 level is required to meet the time-in-grade requirements for the GS-11 level. TIG applies if you are in a current GS position or held a GS position within the previous 52 weeks.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (KSAs): Your qualifications will be evaluated on the basis of your level of knowledge, skills, abilities and/or competencies in the following areas:
1. Comprehensive knowledge of military personnel, services, data systems, and budgeting program operations, directives, and procedures.
2. Knowledge of analytical and investigative techniques to measure the effectiveness, efficiency, and productivity.
3. Skill and ability to communicate in oral and written form to prepare and deliver briefings, lead discussions, conduct meetings and seminars, and to prepare project and staff reports. Needs ability to persuade and motivate key management personnel to make major changes in policy and procedures.
4. Ability to plan, organize, and direct the functions and staff of a small to large sized organization.
5. Knowledge of management principles within both the civilian and military personnel systems, and the ability to integrate the civilian and military personnel aspects in order to successfully accomplish the organization's mission.
6. Knowledge of safety and security regulations, practices, and procedures.
Other significant facts pertaining to this position are:
1. This is an Air Reserve Technician (ART) position. Performs other related duties as assigned.
2. The incumbent is required to meet and maintain Air Force Reserve requirements. Work schedule will be aligned to allow incumbent to fully participate in unit training assemblies (UTAs).
3. The incumbent's regular assignments are ART duties; however, the incumbent may be assigned some non-ART duties, generally no to exceed 30 percent of total responsibilities. Work may occasionally require travel away from the normal duty station on military or commercial aircraft.
PART-TIME OR UNPAID EXPERIENCE: Credit will be given for appropriate unpaid and or part-time work. You must clearly identify the duties and responsibilities in each position held and the total number of hours per week.
VOLUNTEER WORK EXPERIENCE: Refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service Programs (i.e., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student and social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge and skills that can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment.You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
This is an Air Reserve Technician (ART) position. ARTs are eligible for 15 days active duty tour each year for which military leave is granted with full civilian pay. Air Reserve units and members; are subject to immediate ****. Retired military are usually ineligible for membership in the AF Reserve. Retired military that have active AF Reserve assignments may apply provided they show assignment (position) on the application. A military service member's statement of service/certification will be accepted IF a terminal leave form or DD214 cannot be provided. The statement/certification should indicate member's separation from active duty is within 120 days of the closing date of this announcement. It must be signed by, or by direction of, the adjutant, personnel officer, or commander of your unit or higher headquarters and must indicate when your terminal leave will begin, your rank, dates of active duty service, the type of discharge and character of service (i.e. honorable). Your preference and/or appointment eligibility will be verified prior to appointment. Military members may be appointed before the effective date of their military retirement/separation if member is on terminal leave.
ARE YOU USING YOUR EDUCATION TO QUALIFY? You MUST provide transcripts to support your educational claims. Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
FOREIGN EDUCATION: Education completed in foreign colleges or universities may be used to meet the requirements. You must show proof the education credentials have been deemed to be at least equivalent to that gained in conventional U.S. education program. It is your responsibility to provide such evidence when applying.