Under general supervision, performs a business process analysis and design and provides systems support for automated business applications by serving as a liaison between the business end users and applications developers; performs related work as assigned.
Hours: 8-5, Monday - Friday.
Job location is the Gold's Building, Downtown.
This position is federally funded and may be governed by the Federal Hatch Act. Click here
to review the Act.
Examples of Work
• Communicate in person, by phone and emails with many different levels of CHARTS Customers. Our Customers include users operating the CHARTS application, and those maintaining and developing the CHARTS application. End Users can be DHHS staff, County Attorney Staff, Clerks of District Courts, DHHS Public assistance staff, outside entities including title companies and the general public. Work directly with Technical staff in the development and maintenance of the CHARTS application.
• Communicate effectively, succinctly, and calmly with various levels of competence regarding the use of computers and applications both in writing and verbally.
• Log and track the nature and status of CHARTS application problems and resolutions using a call logging software. The unit receives answers approximately 1200 phone calls and emails per month from End Users.
• Keep End User informed of the status of the incidents.
• Technical knowledge of the CHARTS application and how it works, files stored and maintained. • Read and interpret Business Rules to determine how CHARTS software was programmed to function.
• Working knowledge of CHARTS application and functionality. IE, Finance, Case Management, Enforcement, Establishment, Interstate, Location, Review and Modification, and Document generation.
• Knowledge of Child Support business, Program policy and federal / state laws regarding Child support.
• Maintain a working relationship with DHHS Level one and Level Two Helpdesk for computer system issues, resolutions, and security.
• Maintain Staff tables and security for all CHARTS users.
• Insert Help into CHARTS received from Business Analysts.
• Develop and provide training as necessary for a broad array of CHARTS end users.
• Able to read computer generated reports, both electronic, and hard copy, and update or input information based on the reports.
• Maintain and update information based on the output from multiple worklists
• Call Employers and maintain Employer information for CHARTS Organization files to maintain correct data.
• Maintain and correct duplicate Agency Related People – Roughly 500 of these per month help desk staff research, correct and merge as needed.
Qualifications / Requirements
REQUIREMENTS: Post high school coursework, training, or experience in the analysis of business processes and system requirements, and the creation of business process applications.
PREFERRED: Bachelors degree or associates degree with experience in Computer technology, Human Services, Sociology, Psychology, or related field. Relevant work experience may be substituted for degrees. Previous experience in Child Support casework, Paralegal work, Public Assistance, Business Analyst, Computer Help Desk, or as a Trainer- writing of training material and delivering training.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Must be skilled in Microsoft Office applications - including Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel, Internet Explorer. Previous experience using CHARTS - the Nebraska Child Support application or equivalent. Experience with NFOCUS Pubic Assistance or equivalent application. Experience using phone systems handling multiple phone lines. Experience using a call logging system or a ticketing system.
This link will direct you to information regarding the State of Nebraska's current benefits offered to permanent employees.
**MEMBERS ONLY**SIGN UP NOW***.
1526 K Street, Suite 100
Lincoln, Nebraska, 68508
Your browser does not support the IFRAME feature, which is required by this web page.