Air National Guard Units (Title 32/Title 5)
$40,684.00 to $52,893.00
Open & closing dates
$40,684 to $52,893 per year
Pay scale & grade
1 vacancy in the following location:
Relocation expenses reimbursed
This job is open to
National Guard & Reserves
Current members, those who want to join, or transitioning military members.
AREA OF CONSIDERATION: THIS POSITION IS OPEN TO CURRENT NEVADA AIR NATIONAL GUARD MEMBERS ONLY
This National Guard position is for a Supply Technician (Inventory Management), Position Description Number D2134000, and is part of the Nevada Air National Guard. This position is located in the Materiel Management Flight of the Logistics Readiness Squadron, Mission Support Group, at an ANG Aviation Wing. The primary purpose of this position is to function as the installations technical expert in the management of centralized inventory functions and provide services in support of inventory control, storage, cataloging or supply identification, property utilization and accountability including those with automated or manual supply accounting systems.
The National Guard is the oldest component of the Armed Forces of the United States. Since the earliest American colonial days, citizens have joined together for collective defense. We have a proud tradition of coming to the aid of our friends and neighbors in times of serious emergencies. Join our National Guard team and serve your nation, your states and your community!
NATIONAL GUARD MEMBERSHIP IS REQUIRED: This is an excepted service position that requires membership in a compatible military assignment in the National Guard. Selectee will be required to wear the military uniform. Acceptance of an excepted service position constitutes concurrence with these requirements as a condition of employment. Applicants who are not currently a member of the National Guard must be eligible for immediate membership and employment in the National Guard in the military grade listed in this announcement.
Learn more about this agency
(1) Responsible for centralized inventory management accountable under the guidance of the United States Property and Fiscal Office (USPFO), to include warehouse assets, supply points, readiness spares, and WRM assets at prescribed frequencies.
(2) Ensures accurate asset accountability records are maintained. Performs research to resolve all inventory discrepancies. Conducts inventory research to identify root causes, trends of inventory discrepancies/adjustment, maintains inventory trend charts, and performs corrective actions needed to prevent further out-of-balance conditions.
(3) Prepares and publishes the master inventory schedule of all categories of property as outlined in Air Force Manuals and Instructions. Ensures all sections or flights affected receive notification of pending inventories.
(4) Responsible for the Inventory Adjustment Register (M10) accountability. Ensures the M-10 is certified and approved by responsible parties. Manages and controls all rejects from item records frozen for inventory.
(5) Assist the EAE in performing the semi-annual COMSEC/CCI, Weapons reconciliation, and monthly inspections in accordance with regulations.
(6) Provide guidance to other Logistic Readiness sections to ensure compliance with DoD, Air Force and other applicable guidance in inventory management and control.
(7) Coordinates with Operations and Compliance section to ensure accurate reporting to the LRS/CC/AO in accordance with regulations.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…
All current military eligible for membership in the Nevada Air National Guard
Questions? This job is open to 1 group.
Job family (Series)
2005 Supply Clerical And Technician
Conditions of Employment
National Guard Membership is required.
Males born after 31 December 1959 must be registered for Selective Service.
Federal employment suitability as determined by a background investigation.
May be required to successfully complete a probationary period.
Compatible military grade and assignment required prior to the effective date of placement. In compliance with Title 32 United States Code, the compatible military skill set is determined by the applicable service manpower requirements. Upon selection, individuals are assigned to the authorized position and its compatible military skill in accordance with Air force skill classification directives, statutes, and National Guard Bureau regulations. The Dual Status technician must obtain and maintain all military skill requirements in regard to training, education, certifications, and experience. If you are not sure you are eligible for military membership, please contact a National Guard recruiter prior to applying for this position.
Compatible Military Assignment:
Enlisted: E3 - E6; MPCN: 0992191; DAFSC: 2S0X1
*Other Requirements & Conditions of Employment:
- Must currently hold the AFSC and military grade listed above.
- Must maintain local network access IAW AFMANs 33-152, User Responsibilities and Guidance for Information Systems and 33-282, Computer Security.
- Wear the uniform appropriate for the members' grade and component of the armed forces, maintaining standards of conduct and appearance.
In order to qualify for this position, your resume must provide sufficient experience and/or education, knowledge, skills, and abilities, to perform the duties of the specific position for which you are being considered. Your resume is the key means we have for evaluating your skills, knowledge, and abilities, as they relate to this position. Therefore, we encourage you to be clear and specific in describing your experience. EACH APPLICANT MUST FULLY SUBSTANTIATE -IN THEIR OWN WORDS- THAT THEY MEET THE REQUIREMENTS OF THE SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE LISTED BELOW; OTHERWISE, THE APPLICANT WILL BE CONSIDERED UNQUALIFIED FOR THIS POSITION. DO NOT COPY FROM THE VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT OR THE POSITION DESCRIPTION.
GENERAL EXPERIENCE: Experience, education, or training in a variety of operations or situations concerned with substance or content of supply actions, requiring ability to decide course of action to take, considering the circumstances or conditions encountered. Experience using computer and automation systems.
SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE: Must have at least 12 months experience, education, or training which demonstrates a thorough knowledge of governing supply regulations, policies, procedures, and instructions applicable to the specific assignment. Experience conducting extensive searches for required information; reconstructing records for complex supply transactions; and/or provide supply operations support for activities involving specialized or unique supplies, equipment, or parts. Experience performing routine aspects of supply work based on practical knowledge of standard procedures, where assignments include individual case problems related to a limited segment in one of the major areas of supply management.
If you are using Education to qualify for this position, Completion of 2 academic years of education in an accredited college or university will satisfy the requirements for GS-4 positions. Only education in excess of the first 60 semester hours (i.e., beyond the second year) is creditable toward meeting the specialized experience requirement. One full academic year of study (30 semester hours) beyond the second year is equivalent to 6 months of specialized experience for GS-5 positions.
You must provide transcripts or other documentation to support your Educational claims. To receive credit for Education, you must provide documentation of proof that you meet the Education requirements for this position.
- If you are a male applicant who was born after 12/31/1959 and are required to register under the Military Selective Service Act, the Defense Authorization Act of 1986 requires that you be registered or you are not eligible for appointment in this agency (https://www.sss.gov/RegVer/wfRegistration.aspx).
- No PCS funds are available.
-This is a Bargaining Unit position.
- Applicants who feel they have restoration rights to this position should contact the HRO.
- Military Incentives - Bonuses and Student Loan Repayment Program: If you are selected for this position, you may lose your eligibility for your National Guard Enlistment/Reenlistment Bonus and/or Student Loan Repayment Program incentives. In order to avoid losing your incentive eligibility, you should check with your incentives manager prior to accepting an offer for the position.
- Participation in Direct Deposit is mandatory.?
If you are unable to apply online or need to fax a document you do not have in electronic form, view the following link for information regarding an Alternate Application
How You Will Be Evaluated
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Once the application process is complete, we will review your resume to ensure you meet the hiring eligibility and qualification requirements listed in this announcement. You will be rated based on the information provided in your resume and responses to the Occupational Questionnaire, along with your supporting documentation to determine your ability to demonstrate the following knowledge, skills and abilities/competencies related to the job requirements:
1. Knowledge of governing supply regulations, policies and procedures to conduct extensive research for required information as it pertains to inventory management.
2. Ability to interpret supply records to reconstruct cause and need of inventory adjustments.
3. Ability to exercise a practical knowledge of a wide range of warehousing and supply principles, concepts, and methodologies involving general supply (sensitive, classified & hazardous), storage, distribution, and inventory specialties.
4. Knowledge of and skill in policies, work methods, data information, and requirement of Air Force standards and procedures.
5. Ability to use a variety of different automated systems such as ESS, FEDLOG, WEBFLIS, LIMS-EV, SCO Wed Reports Etc., to search, analyze, track and monitor assets.
If, after reviewing your resume and/or supporting documentation, a determination is made that you have inflated your qualifications and/or experience, your score may be adjusted to more accurately reflect your abilities or you may be found ineligible/not qualified. Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your rating or consideration for employment.
Background checks and security clearance
The following documents are required and must be received by the closing date of this announcement:
1. Your Resume - Your resume must show relevant educational and work experience fully supporting the required specialized experience including the dates (including Month and Year, e.g., 02/2017, Feb 2017, etc.) of each employment.
2. Completed Assessment Questionnaire.
3. RIP (Record on Individual Personnel) uploaded to the required OTHER area of the online application manager. RIP must be no more than 90 days old at the time of application.
4. Any supporting documentation (i.e. certificates, licenses, transcripts, etc.) used to support qualifications demonstrated in resume and/or required by Qualifications Required section.
Failure to submit any of the required documents by the closing date of the vacancy will result in your removal from consideration for this position.
Applicants CANNOT be contacted for any required documents listed above. Applicants who submit INCOMPLETE APPLICATIONS will receive a rating of INELIGIBLE. Requests for reconsideration will not be considered for applicants who fail to submit a complete application package. We cannot be held responsible for incompatible software, erroneous fax transmissions, etc.
If you are relying on your education to meet qualification requirements:
Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education in order for it to be credited towards qualifications. Therefore, provide only the attendance and/or degrees from schools accredited by accrediting institutions recognized by the U.S. Department of Education
Failure to provide all of the required information as stated in this vacancy announcement may result in an ineligible rating or may affect the overall rating.
A career with the U.S. Government provides employees with a comprehensive benefits package. As a federal employee, you and your family will have access to a range of benefits that are designed to make your federal career very rewarding.
Benefits for federal employees
Pay and leave
Review our benefits
Eligibility for benefits depends on the type of position you hold and whether your position is full-time, part-time, or intermittent. Contact the hiring agency for more information on the specific benefits offered.
How to Apply
How to Apply
To apply for this position, you must complete the online application/Occupational Questionnaire and submit the documentation specified in the Required Documents section below. To view the Occupational Questionnaire, click the following link: https://apply.usastaffing.gov/ViewQuestionnaire/10115872
A complete application package must be submitted by 11:59 PM (EST) on the closing date of the announcement to receive consideration.
To begin, click Apply to access the online application. You will need to be logged into your USAJOBS account to apply. If you do not have a USAJOBS account, you will need to create one before beginning the application.
Follow the prompts to select your resume and/or other supporting documents to be included with your application package. You will have the opportunity to upload additional documents to include in your application before it is submitted. Your uploaded documents may take several hours to clear the virus scan process.
After acknowledging you have reviewed your application package, complete the Include Personal Information section as you deem appropriate and click to continue with the application process.
You will be taken to the online application which you must complete in order to apply for the position. Complete the online application, verify the required documentation is included with your application package, and submit the application.
To verify the status of your application, log into your USAJOBS account ( https://my.usajobs.gov/Account/Login
), all of your applications will appear on the Welcome screen. The Application Status will appear along with the date your application was last updated. For information on what each Application Status means, visit: https://www.usajobs.gov/Help/how-to/application/status/
Agency contact information
NV 152 LGR SQ F2H9
1776 National Guard Way
Learn more about this agency
Once your online application is submitted you will receive a confirmation notification by email. Your application will be evaluated by the Human Resources Office to determine your eligibility for the position. After the evaluation is complete, you will receive another notification regarding the status of your application.
Fair & Transparent
Fair & Transparent
The Federal hiring process is setup to be fair and transparent. Please read the following guidance.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
The United States Government does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) for federal employees & job applicants
Reasonable Accommodation Policy
Federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities where appropriate. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process should contact the hiring agency directly. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis.
A reasonable accommodation is any change to a job, the work environment, or the way things are usually done that enables an individual with a disability to apply for a job, perform job duties or receive equal access to job benefits.
Under the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodations when: An applicant with a disability needs an accommodation to have an equal opportunity to apply for a job.
An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to perform the essential job duties or to gain access to the workplace.
An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to receive equal access to benefits, such as details, training, and office-sponsored events.
You can request a reasonable accommodation at any time during the application or hiring process or while on the job. Requests are considered on a case-by-case basis.
Learn more about disability employment and reasonable accommodations
or how to contact an agency.
Legal and regulatory guidance
Social security number request
Signature and false statements
New employee probationary period
Note: We cannot accept applications on behalf of Federal Agencies. Application instructions are listed within the Job Description.
Air National Guard Units (Title 32/Title 5)