Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City
Construction Manager','254318','Federal Reserve Bank of Richmond','VA-Richmond','','Full-time','Regular','Exempt','Exempt','Experienced','','','Yes, 25 % of the Time','Day Job','','','Tier II - No Credit Check','Tier II - No Credit Check','','','','!*!Construction Manager
As part of the nation’s central bank, the Federal Reserve Bank of Richmond is committed to strengthening the economy and our communities. It’s a big job, and that’s why we need a variety of talented, results-driven professionals who care about making a difference. Sound like a challenge? You bet it is. That’s why three important values inspire our culture: Serve with integrity. Lead with courage. Perform with excellence. At the Richmond Fed, our goal is not just to be an employer of choice; we want to be your employer of choice. One of the ways we do that is by offering a total rewards portfolio that includes more than compensation. Our total rewards includes thrift and retirement plans, generous paid time off, health and wellness benefits, insurance to protect you and your loved ones, work/life offerings, and a variety of professional development opportunities.
The Facilities Management team is hiring a Construction Manager who will manage and coordinate a multidiscipline team responsible for internal renovation projects. Oversees various aspects of design and construction phases including architectural review, contractor and subcontractor selection and management, employee resource allocation, quality control, project budget and schedule. Directs the work of teams of internal construction, millwork, mechanical/plumbing, electrical, trade contractors, and general contractors. Ensures projects are completed in compliance with applicable codes and regulations.
Candidate should review the FRB Employee Code of Conduct to ensure compliance with issues related to previous employment and prohibited financial interests. The Code is available on the About Us, Careers webpage at www.richmondfed.org.
Apply on line at www.richmondfed.org
***Selected candidate is subject to special background check procedures
***The deadline for applying on line is 5:00PM on February 27, 2018
*** The hiring range for position $82,000-$102,300 annually
***Salary and position title offered will be based on job responsibilities and individual’s knowledge, skills and experience as defined in the job qualifications/experience.
Essential Job Responsibilities (including but not limited to the following)
· Provides oversight, direction, and leadership to single or multi-functional teams performing maintenance and improvement of buildings. Implements, and contributes to, business plans, policies, and procedures
· Participates in development of short-term business goals and objectives
· Provides oversight of the activities of those responsible for ensuring that all new construction, renovations and maintenance project work is performed in adherence to accepted industry standards and regulations
· Manages team budgets and allocates resources
· Responsible for ensuring performance and results of team(s), develops and implements operating procedures to measure team efficiency and effectiveness
· Decisions are tactical with operational impact on activities of maintenance and capital improvement
· Develops policy recommendations to senior management and may negotiate team-related matters
· Interacts with officers and managers to provide expertise to address and resolve complex construction issues
· Provides recommendations, interpretations and consultative services to key stakeholders on facility installation, maintenance, and repair issues','!*!Qualifications/Requirements
· 7 to 9 years of relevant functional work experience
· 1 - 3 years of supervisory experience
· May require professional technical certification
Knowledge & Skills:
· Broad knowledge of construction industry practices and comprehensive knowledge of project management discipline within construction industry. Knowledge and experience with Fire Protection Codes, State Building Codes, other applicable State and Federal regulations.
· Ability to read, analyze, and interpret engineering drawings, technical manuals, and journals
· Expertise in problem solving, creativity and innovation to determine problem areas and provide fresh approaches to solving moderately complex construction problems
· Advanced analytical, planning, problem-solving, and organizational skills required to direct and lead staff
· Outstanding oral and written communication, ability to interact on required information and partner with all levels of Bank management, the Board of Governors and staff
· Advanced computer skill with Microsoft Office sufficient to perform moderately complex construction activities','Construction Manager
Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City
Website : https://www.kansascityfed.org/
The Federal Reserve was established by Congress and signed by President Woodrow Wilson in 1913. It was preceded by financial panics, bank failures and business bankruptcies that severely disrupted the economy. There were two prior attempts at establishing central banks.