Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City
Temporary Automation Specialist I','254732','Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco','CA-San Francisco','','Full-time','Temporary','Non-exempt','Non-exempt','Experienced','','','Yes, 5 % of the Time','Day Job','','','Tier II - No Credit Check','Tier II - No Credit Check','','','','!*!TITLE: Automation Specialist I - Temporary position 12 months (32-40 hours per week)
DEPARTMENT: Economic Research
The Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco believes in the diversity of
our people, ideas, and experiences and are committed to building an
inclusive culture that is representative of the communities we serve.
GENERAL SUMMARY: Provide helpdesk support for the Economic Research Department
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Install client computer hardware and peripheral components, such as laptops, desktops, monitors, keyboards, and printers. Load and verify correct operation of software packages, such as operating system, word processing, and spreadsheet programs.
· Provide support and technical assistance to users. Identify and resolve hardware, software and operator problems, and make minor repairs or refer to service personnel when appropriate.
· Support remote users and telecommunications devices.
Proficient with the full range of tasks to install, configure, monitor, maintain, and troubleshoot hardware, software and connectivity to servers, peripherals, and workstations. Defines and troubleshoots workstation protocols and associated files; has proficient knowledge of multiple protocols and operating systems. Negotiates with users regarding response time and problem resolution. Fix root causes of problems; prevent problems from recurring.
Help in maintaining hardware inventory.
Configures desktops and supports the implementation and maintenance of all client-server-based applications on the client desktop (e.g., SQL server applications, Lawson, Kronos.).
· Work in a team-based environment and with various levels of technical and management staff.
ORGANIZATION RELATIONSHIPS: The Automation Specialist I reports to Automation Manager. The position will interact on a regular basis with every level of professional employee and management, and sometimes with the Executive Office. This position has no direct reports.
Knowledge, skills & abilities:
· Must be a U.S. Citizen
· Computer and server skills: in-depth knowledge of hardware/software specification, configuration, and systems administration over multiple operating systems. Knowledge of LINUX, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10, and some Windows server experience preferred.
· Excellent time management and organization skills. Ability to manage multiple concurrent tasks with minimal supervision.
· Ability to maintain friendly, stable, and cooperative relations while interacting with co-workers and clients.
Minimum certifications/educational level:
· Associate of Science or Bachelor of Science degree from four-year College or university.
Two to four years related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
To apply, please submit your information and application on-line at: http://www.frbsf.org/our-district/careers/
The Department offers an outstanding research environment and competitive salary and benefits. Information about the Research Department may be found at: http://www.frbsf.org/economic-research/
The Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
','','Temporary Automation Specialist I
Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City
Website : https://www.kansascityfed.org/
The Federal Reserve was established by Congress and signed by President Woodrow Wilson in 1913. It was preceded by financial panics, bank failures and business bankruptcies that severely disrupted the economy. There were two prior attempts at establishing central banks.