Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas
Currency Technology Office Technical Project Manager Associate to Intermediate','253503','Federal Reserve Bank of Richmond','VA-Richmond','','Full-time','Regular','Exempt','Exempt','Experienced','','','Yes, 25 % of the Time','Day Job','','','Tier II - No Credit Check','Tier II - No Credit Check','','','','!*!Currency Technology Office
Technical Project Manager Associate to Intermediate
As part of the nation’s central bank, the Federal Reserve Bank of Richmond is committed to strengthening the economy and our communities. It’s a big job, and that’s why we need a variety of talented, results-driven professionals who care about making a difference. Sound like a challenge? You bet it is. That’s why three important values inspire our culture: Serve with integrity. Lead with courage. Perform with excellence. At the Richmond Fed, our goal is not just to be an employer of choice; we want to be your employer of choice. One of the ways we do that is by offering a total rewards portfolio that includes more than compensation. Our total rewards includes thrift and retirement plans, generous paid time off, health and wellness benefits, insurance to protect you and your loved ones, work/life offerings, and a variety of professional development opportunities.
The Currency Technology Office is running a large multi-year program to design, build, and deploy high-speed currency processing machines needed to support the Federal Reserve’s mission of maintaining confidence in, and sufficient supply of U.S. currency. The PM will join a team of project managers to provide structure, support planning, clear impediments, drive and monitor progress.
The Project Manager provides expertise and direction on complex IT or technology-based projects. Offers varying levels of project management oversight and directly influences activities on business-critical projects from the conceptual phase through solution implementation and project close. Serves as a key point-of-contact for, and interfaces with all areas affected by projects. The PM uses industry-standard best practices in order to assure delivery of project goals, objectives, milestones and deliverables, as well as compliance with all project management processes. This role may direct work of matrixed teams.
Candidate should review the FRB Employee Code of Conduct to ensure compliance with issues related to previous employment and prohibited financial interests. The Code is available on the About Us, Careers webpage at www.richmondfed.org.
Apply on line at www.richmondfed.org
***Selected candidate is subject to special background check procedures up to Secret Clearance
***The deadline for applying on line is 5:00PM on January 23, 2018
***The hiring range for position $60.600-$98,400
***Salary and position title offered will be based on job responsibilities and individual’s knowledge, skills and experience as defined in the job qualifications/experience.
***Overnight travel may be required
Essential Job Responsibilities (including but not limited to the following)
• Manage all aspects of highly complex, large-scale and/or high priority technology-based projects, from start to finish, to ensure they are completed on time and within budget
• Defines highly complex system user requirements/objectives
• Determines technology-based project activities outcomes from conceptual phase to project implementation. Serves as a technical consultant to customers throughout project life cycle
• Directs work of technology-based project team members within and outside department to ensure highest possible efficiency and effectiveness
• Provides thought leadership on developing technology-based project plans tied to short and long-term business plans and determining ROI criteria for Department/District/System strategic initiatives','!*!Essential Job Responsibilities (including but not limited to the following)
· Manage all aspects of highly complex, large-scale and/or high priority technology-based projects, from start to finish, to ensure they are completed on time and within budget
· Defines highly complex system user requirements/objectives
· Determines technology-based project activities outcomes from conceptual phase to project implementation. Serves as a technical consultant to customers throughout project life cycle
· Directs work of technology-based project team members within and outside department to ensure highest possible efficiency and effectiveness
· Provides thought leadership on developing technology-based project plans tied to short and long-term business plans and determining ROI criteria for Department/District/System strategic initiatives
· 1 to 5 years of relevant work experience
· Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
· PMP and CSM certifications preferred
· Proficient using Microsoft based PCs and applications such as Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Visio, SharePoint and other applications
· Proficient using Microsoft Project (both creating and maintaining project schedules)
· Knowledge of PMBOK and or Agile project practices
Knowledge and Skills:
· Experience with engineering projects (electromechanical and software)
· Experience or significant knowledge in Agile project practices (Lean / Scrum / Kanban, etc.)
· Experience managing projects with external vendors doing a substantial portion of the work for design and build
· Experience with cross functional teams and team building
· Excellent planning, organizational, and analytical skills
· Demonstrates high degree of initiative, self-discipline, and motivation
· Excellent oral and written communication, ability to interact on required information and concepts with people at all levels of the organization
· Ability to ask penetrating questions, identify unstated assumptions, and resolve conflicts
· Broad knowledge and expertise of Project Management methodologies and industry best practices
','Currency Technology Office Technical Project Manager Associate to Intermediate
Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas
Website : http://dallasfed.org/index.cfm
As one of twelve regional Reserve Banks in the Federal Reserve System, the Dallas Fed serves the Eleventh Federal Reserve District, which consists of Texas, northern Louisiana and southern New Mexico.