Division for Special Education Services and Supports/Federal Programs
Description of Duties:
Provides professional learning and systems coaching to support the implementation of Multi-Tiered Systems of Support (MTSS). Work at the district and/or school level to support implementation of MTSS to fidelity through regular meetings and monitoring of district/school progress. Facilitate communication through the feedback loop to the GA DOE to allow timely adjustment and expansion of the MTSS process. Will support district and school personnel in the interpretation of data to identify professional learning/technical assistance needs and assist the district leadership in obtaining the appropriate additional supports, especially the identification and implementation of appropriate evidence-based practices. Must also be able to prepare guidelines, memoranda, reports, and presentation materials. Conduct training and staff development activities for local districts and at statewide meetings. Personnel must be able to complete required job duties with limited supervision. Note: This is a part-time position and will be field-based primarily serving the south region and statewide travel will be required. The position is grant funded through the State Personnel Development Grant to support the implementation of Multi-Tiered Systems of Support (MTSS). Applicants should live within the regional position of interest.
Master’s degree in education, education administration, or a related field and a minimum of five years experience in a professional education capacity in education. Must hold or be eligible for Georgia Professional Standards Commission certification. Note: Must submit required certification documentation with resume and cover letter or application.
Preference will be given to applicants who, in addition to meeting the minimum qualifications, possess one or more of the following:
• Experience in staff development/professional learning for special education and general education
• Systems coaching experience to support continuous improvement
• Experience in data analysis and effective use
• Strong knowledge of evidence-based practices and the organization/implementation of evidence-based practices to fidelity
• Experience at the school, local district, or state level in supervising/monitoring for compliance with federal and state rules and regulations.
• Leadership experience at the school, district or state level (Minimum of three years)
• Georgia professional educator certification in special education
• Excellent oral and written communications skills
• Excellent presentation skills
Pay Grade N – Annual salary range is $52,331 (minimum) up to $91,579 (maximum). The hiring salary will be prorated.
* Salary is commensurate with current employment, relevant education/training and work experience; and available funding. Benefit options include life, disability, dental and health insurance, annual/sick leave, and Employees’ Retirement or Teachers’ Retirement.
Consideration/interviews will begin as soon as a list of applicants is established. Applications/resumes will be evaluated and only those meeting the qualifications may be forwarded to the hiring manager to be considered. Candidates chosen for interviews will be contacted directly. No notification will be sent to applicants except those who are selected for interviews. Due to the large volume of applications received, we cannot provide application status information.
It is the policy of the **MEMBERS ONLY**SIGN UP NOW***. not to discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, national origin, disability, or age in its employment practices.
The **MEMBERS ONLY**SIGN UP NOW***. (GaDOE) and each associated State School is a registered participant in the federal work authorization program commonly known as E-Verify. The GaDOE utilizes the program to verify employment eligibility of individuals hired on or after July 1, 2007.
GaDOE Federally-issued User ID#: 46420
Date of Authorization: 07/02/2007