The Training Manager is responsible for planning, directing, and coordinating the training and development activities for Corporate Training or for assigned Center of Excellence (COE), Business Group, or Program. Meet with senior leaders or subject leaders to assess training needs, gather training requirements, and develop action plans to enable overall mission success.
(Typical duties include the following, although specific duties vary by assignment or contract.)
* Manage training and development objectives for corporate training or assigned COE, Business Group or Program.
* Confer with management to identify training needs based on operational objectives, government regulations, new business processes, contract requirements, or other factors.
* Develop and manage training objectives and initiatives.
* Recommend and develop new training programs or modify and improve existing programs to ensure training needs are met.
* Plan, develop, and provide training and staff development programs using classroom training, demonstrations, on-the-job training, conferences, or workshops.
* Oversee the development and organization of training manuals, multimedia visual aids, and other educational materials.
* Develop testing and evaluation procedures.
* Develop, obtain and report metrics on training programs and other initiatives.
* Oversee the analysis, maintenance, and communication of records required by law or local government bodies, or other departments in the organization.
* Responsible for supervision of direct reports including interviewing, hiring, training, planning, assigning and directing work, appraising performance, rewarding and disciplining employees, addressing complaints and resolving problems.
* May develop and manage training budget.
* Perform other duties as assigned.
Knowledge & Skills
* Advanced knowledge of principles and methods for curriculum and training design, teaching and instruction for individuals and groups, and the measurement of training effects.
* Ability to diagnose training needs and provide the appropriate training methods and programs.
* Well-developed oral, written, presentation and group facilitation skills.
* Good interpersonal and supervisory skills with an ability to lead, coach, and manage others.
* Strong planning, organizational, and project management skills.
* Proficient with Microsoft Office applications.
* Additional knowledge/skills may be required by assignment or contract and will be listed separately.
Experience & Education
* Bachelor's degree in Education, Instructional Design, or field relevant to area of assignment preferred, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
* Eight years progressively responsible experience in related area.
* Previous training supervisory experience preferred.
* Additional experience/education may be required by assignment or contract and will be listed separately.
Physical Requirements/Working Environment
* Typically, work is in normal office environment.
* Due to operational locations of various programs, may be required to travel to austere environments under harsh living conditions.
* Ability to travel domestically and internationally.
Assists Quality Manager, Environmental Safety and Health Manager as needed.