Grant Thornton is collaborative, entrepreneurial and on the move. As part of a dynamic global organization of 42,000 people serving clients in more than 120 countries, we have the agility and focus it takes to be a leader.
Human Resources - Generalist/Senior Associate
The Human Resources Talent Generalist (HRTG) servesas the HR/Talent co-pilot and business partner to the Office Managing Partneror National SL/ functional leader. The HRTG is responsible forcollaborating with the National People & Culture operational and functionalareas (HR Operations, Compensation/Benefits, National Talent Acquisition,Strategic Learning, Employee Relations, and Diversity & Inclusion),CMO'E's, and the Market HR Talent Manager & Director. The HR Talent Generalist is responsible for providingdistinctive service to their business clients, employees, and Partners withinthe market/office/group.
This role is responsible for high touch peopleexperiences, such as new hire orientation/onboarding, performance management,retention practices, employee issues, and general HR/Talent programs for theclient base supported.
The HRTG serves as a key member of the HR/Talentinfrastructure in the support of firm-wide HR/Talent goals and objectives, andworks with Partners and Talent team to manage HR/Talent risk and monitor AAP /EEO and other regulatory compliance.
* Becomeknowledgeable and supportive of the strategy of the firm, regional practices,and the business priorities of the market/office/group.
* Undergeneral direction of more experienced HR/Talent leader, supports generalHR/Talent programs including policy & employment law compliance,compensation and benefits administration, new hire orientation/onboarding,employee relations, and performance management.
* Proactivelyinteracts with the line Partners or functional leaders to strategicallyidentify local office or functional HR/ Talent goals and objectives to ensurethey are consistent with the business goals of the firm.
* Overseesthe market/office/group execution of all general HR/Talent programs includingthe following: performance management, training, employment lawcompliance, compensation and benefits administration, new hireorientation/onboarding, employee relations, and retention, consulting withHR/Talent leader as appropriate.
* Coordinatesand partners with other HR/Talent teams including Talent Acquisition, ResourceManagement, Strategic Learning, and Compensation and Benefits.
* Manages,mentors, and coaches local office and or area HR/Talent staff.
Qualifications (Personal Characteristics, Skills/Abilities, Academic):
The ideal candidate will be:
* A business-minded HR/Talent professional with several years of increasingly responsible HR/Talent responsibilities with demonstrated ability to thrive in a culture that is collaborative, service-oriented, and consultative.
* A functional HR/Talent specialist who delivers services with a pragmatic approach to business partnership and operations.
* Experienced in prioritization and negotiation with demonstrated ability to be effective in supporting multiple business leaders/partners working across different business units.
* Collaborative and action-oriented, with ability to influence outcomes and lead change.
* Confident with strong personal initiative and someone who is willing to get out in the field, roll up their sleeves, and do whatever it takes to get the job done.
* Operationally focused with ability to think strategically and deliver tactically.
* Metrics-focused with ability to use analytics to solve problems and develop solutions.
The Ideal Candidate Will Possess:
* Bachelor's degree in related field
* PHR or SPHR certification desirable
* Past experience functioning as an HR/Talent Generalist preferably within consulting or professional services environment
* Strong verbal and written communication and presentation skills
* A reputation for discretion, integrity, judgment, responsiveness, strong attention to detail and common sense
* Solid PC skills with proficiency in MS Office
Grant Thornton LLP promotes a nationally recognized culture of health and offers an extensive array of benefits to meet individual lifestyles. For a complete list of benefits, please visit ****
Founded in Chicago in 1924, Grant Thornton LLP (Grant Thornton) is the U.S. member firm of Grant Thornton International Ltd., one of the world's leading organizations of independent audit, tax and advisory firms. Grant Thornton has revenues in excess of $1.3 billion and operates 58 offices across the U.S., with more than 565 partners and 8,000 employees.
Grant Thornton works with a broad range of publicly- and privately-held companies, government agencies, financial institutions, and civic and religious organizations. Core industries served include consumer and industrial products, financial services, not-for-profit, private equity, and technology. Grant Thornton focuses on serving dynamic organizations that pursue growth holistically — whether through revenue improvement, leadership, mission fulfillment or innovation.
It is Grant Thornton's policy to promote equal employment opportunities. All personnel decisions, including, but not limited to, recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, compensation, benefits and termination, are made without regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship status, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.