Duties & Responsibilities :
Under general supervision, instructs or trains clients and/or students in a specific area of assignment as part of a program that includes an organized agenda of practical and workforce readiness instruction. Adapts instructional methods and materials to meet clients varying needs, abilities, and interests. Assess student`s education and adjustment needs through direct observation and testing. Conducts classes, workshops, and demonstrations to instruct in principles, techniques, or methods in subjects such as language skills, life skills, and workforce entry skills. Conducts recreational activities with the goals of teaching decision-making, improving physical fitness, offering leisure options and teaching social skills. Counsel and instructs clients in the habits of daily living and work routines. Estimates materials needed for inventory and specific areas, including cost. Instructs clients or residents through lectures and demonstrations of the methods and techniques. Plan and coordinates a comprehensive recreational program for facility population. Plans a program of practical instruction to meet individual and group needs. Repairs, adjusts and alters equipment and tools as needed
Minimum Qualifications :
Associate`s degree in area of assignment from an accredited college.
Completion of a vocational/ technical school program in area of assignment from an accredited college AND One year experience in the area of assignment.
One year of experience required at lower level (EDT010) or position equivalent.
Preferred Qualifications :
Preference will be given to applicants who, in addition to meeting the minimum qualifications, possess all of the following:
1. Experience in developing, organizing and teaching classroom instruction.
2. Experience maintaining before and after test data and student records.
3. Experience in managing classroom instruction.
4. Experience providing literacy instructions as prescribed.
5. Paraprofessional certificate.
1. This announcement may close prior to the closing date without further notice, once a satisfactory pool of applicants has been identified.
2. Due to high volume of applications, only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
3. Applicants selected for hire will be subject to fingerprinting, a criminal history and motor vehicle background check and, if applicable, must take and pass a pre-employment drug test.