Department Of Defense Education Activity
Job Location: Department of Defense Education Activity, Fort Benning, GA, 31995, USA
Networking and Premium Apply
Continue to Apply Online
Jobs In School Support Assist Fort Be...
| Jobs In School Support...
| Jobs In School Su...
* Duties Help ## Duties ### Summary Do you want to work for an exciting educational organization, with the children of our dedicated U.S. Military members? If so, then we are looking for you! The Department of Defense Education Activity (DoDEA), through its Community Strategic Plan has made a commitment to be among the world's leaders in education, enriching the lives of military-connected students and the communities in which they live. The mission to educate,engage and empower each student to succeed in a dynamic world is achieved through its five strategic goals of Student, School, Talent, Organization, and Outreach Excellence. DoDEA is a major Department of Defense (DoD) Field Activity with worldwide scope. DoDEA plans, directs, and coordinates, and manages the education programs for DoD dependents. DoDEA consists of three regions, DoDEA Americas, DoDEA Europe, and DoDEA Pacific and a total of eight school districts located overseas and in the U.S. and its territories. DoDEA provides education to eligible DoD military and civilian dependents from pre-kindergarten through grade 12. Learn more about this agency ### Responsibilities **School Support Assistant, GS-0303-06** * Serves as property custodian maintaining a perpetual inventory of non-expendable property and supply records for durable items in the school.
* Verifies and records serial numbers upon receipt of goods, bar code items, and adds items to the accountable item listing in the automated material management system.
* Issues accountable items to faculty, school staff, contractors, parents, guardians, and students against sub-hand receipts.
* Conducts special, joint, or annual inventories of hand-receipt accounts in conjunction with the hand-receipt holder and adjusts records based on findings.
* Ensures adequate controls for accountable property are maintained by property holders by periodically inspecting classrooms to match serial/tag numbers against the sub-hand receipts.
* Assures all supply transactions are recorded in an automated system and that copies are maintain according to policy.
* Compiles financial data to forecast the budget for replenishment of supplies and equipment and equipment repair.
* Uses Government Purchase Card (GPC) to purchase supplies and services for the school.
* Sets or revises stock levels for authorized items available through the supply system for school stock.
* Identifies trends to the school principal to ensure funds are not exceeded or exhausted before the end of the year. ### Travel Required Not required ##### Supervisory status No ##### Promotion Potential 6 ### Who May Apply #### This job is open to… U.S. Citizens Questions? This job is open to 1 group. * #### Job family (Series) 0303 Miscellaneous Clerk And Assistant * Requirements Help ## Requirements ### Conditions of Employment * You must be a U.S. Citizen
* Male applicants must meet the Selective Service requirement
* You will be subject to a background/suitability investigation/determination **CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:** * All candidates must be U.S. Citizens.
* All requirements must be met at time of appointment. You are advised to submit your documents promptly as part of your application package.
* Applicants may be required to complete a 2-year probationary or trial period.
* You will be required to participate in Direct Deposit/Electronic Fund Transfer in accordance with DoD Regulation 7000.14R.
* Selectee must undergo Background Checks IAW DoDI 1402.5 (e.g. Local Files Check, State Criminal History Records Check, and National Agency Check Inquiries). Employment in these positions is subject to successful completion of a background security investigation and favorable adjudication. Failure to successfully meet/maintain these requirements may be grounds for termination.
* Appointment is subject to the completion of a favorable suitability determination and favorable re-investigation every five years. ### Qualifications In order to qualify for this position, you need one year of specialized experience at the GS-05 level. Examples of specialized experience include: working in an office using an automated government supply system; ordering government supplies/equipment; conducting inventory of government property; maintaining hand receipts; and maintaining a Government Purchase Card (GPC) program. ### Education There is no substitution of education for experience at the GS-06 grade level. ### Additional information Work schedule is full-time, year round. This position is in the Excepted Service. This announcement may be used to fill multiple vacancies. If you are unable to apply online or need to fax a document you do not have in electronic form, view the following link for information regarding an Alternate Application. Read more ### How You Will Be Evaluated You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above. Once your application is complete, the Human Resources Office will compare your resume and supporting documentation against your responses to the assessment questionnaire to determine if you are qualified for this position. The numeric rating you receive is based on your responses to the questionnaire. The score is a measure of the degree to which your background matches the knowledge, skills, and abilities required for this position. If, after reviewing your resume and/or supporting documents, a determination is made that you have inflated your qualifications and/or experience, your score may be adjusted, including marking you ineligible for this position. **Applicants will be placed in one of three categories**: Best Qualified, Highly Qualified, or Qualified. Within these categories, selection preference will b in the following order:
1) Applicants with veteran's preference
2) Military Spouse preference applicants
3) All other applicants Read more ### Background checks and security clearance ##### Security clearance Q - Nonsensitive * Required Documents Help ## Required Documents The following documents must be submitted by 11:59 p.m. Eastern Time on 02/09/2018. You are not required to submit a document if it does not apply to you. * Questionnaire
* Transcripts, if applicable
* Eligibility documentation
Eligibility documentation may contain:
* Copy of latest SF-50, Notification of Personnel Action, if applicant has current or previous Federal civil service experience.
* Applicants requesting Military Spouse Preference (MSP) must submit the following documents along with their completed application:
a. Military Spouse Employment Request Form
b. A copy of the sponsor's Permanent Change of Station orders indicating authorization of dependent travel; or a Command Sponsorship letter and marriage certificate, if you are not on the sponsor's orders
* Applicants claiming 5-point veteran's preference must submit a copy of DD-214 (copy member 4), Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty. Applicants claiming 10-point veteran's preference must complete SF-15 http://www.opm.gov/forms/pdffill/SF15.pdf as well as the required documentation indicated on the SF-15. Lack of supporting documentation will result in the agency's inability to recognize veteran status for this announcement. Note: Applicants WILL NOT be considered or rated if all of the forms indicated above are not included in application packet. #### If you are relying on your education to meet qualification requirements: Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education in order for it to be credited towards qualifications. Therefore, provide only the attendance and/or degrees from schools accredited by accrediting institutions recognized by the U.S. Department of Education. Failure to provide all of the required information as stated in this vacancy announcement may result in an ineligible rating or may affect the overall rating. * Benefits Help ## Benefits A career with the U.S. Government provides employees with a comprehensive benefits package. As a federal employee, you and your family will have access to a range of benefits that are designed to make your federal career very rewarding. Learn more about federal benefits. Review our benefits Eligibility for benefits depends on the type of position you hold and whether your position is full-time, part-time, or intermittent. Contact the hiring agency for more information on the specific benefits offered. * How to Apply Help ## How to Apply To apply for this position, you must complete the online questionnaire and submit the documentation specified in the Required Documents section below. The complete application package must be submitted by 11:59 PM (EST) on 02/09/2018 to receive consideration. * To begin, click Apply Online to create a USAJOBS account or log in to your existing account. Follow the prompts to select your USAJOBS resume and/or other supporting documents and complete the occupational questionnaire. * Click the Submit My Answers button to submit your application package. * It is your responsibility to ensure your responses and appropriate documentation is submitted prior to the closing date. * To verify your application is complete, log into your USAJOBS account, select the Application Status link and then select the more information link for this position. The Details page will display the status of your application, the documentation received and processed, and any correspondence the agency has sent related to this application. Your uploaded documents may take several hours to clear the virus scan process. * To return to an incomplete application, log into your USAJOBS account and click Update Application in the vacancy announcement. You must re-select your resume and/or other documents from your USAJOBS account or your application will be incomplete. * It is your responsibility to verify that your application package (resume, supporting documents, and responses to the questionnaire) is complete, accurate, and submitted by the closing date. Uploaded documents may take up to one hour to clear the virus scan. Read more ### Agency contact information ### Angela White ##### Phone 706-544-0387 ##### Email email@example.com ##### Address Faith MS
1375 Ingersoll Street Bldg-1375
Fort Benning, GA
US Learn more about this agency ### Next steps If you provided an email address, you will receive an email message acknowledging receipt of your application. Your application package will be used to determine your eligibility, qualifications, and quality ranking for this position. If you are determined to be ineligible or not qualified, your application will receive no further consideration. The documents you submit must support your responses to the online questionnaire. If your application contradicts or does not support your questionnaire responses, you will receive a rating of not qualified or incomplete application and you will not receive further consideration for this job. Read more * Fair & Transparent ## Fair & Transparent The Federal hiring process is setup to be fair and transparent. Please read the following guidance. ### Equal Employment Opportunity Policy The United States Government does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor. * Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) for federal employees & job applicants Read more ### Reasonable Accommodation Policy Federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities where appropriate. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process should contact the hiring agency directly. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis. A reasonable accommodation is any change to a job, the work environment, or the way things are usually done that enables an individual with a disability to apply for a job, perform job duties or receive equal access to job benefits. Under the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodations when: * An applicant with a disability needs an accommodation to have an equal opportunity to apply for a job.
* An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to perform the essential job duties or to gain access to the workplace.
* An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to receive equal access to benefits, such as details, training, and office-sponsored events. You can request a reasonable accommodation at any time during the application or hiring process or while on the job. Requests are considered on a case-by-case basis. Learn more about disability employment and reasonable accommodations or how to contact an agency. Read more #### Legal and regulatory guidance * Financial suitability
* Social security number request
* Privacy Act
* Signature and false statements
* Selective Service
* New employee probationary period This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/490146800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered. *Open & closing dates:* 02/01/2018 to 02/09/2018 *Salary:* $37,223 to $48,385 per year *Pay scale & grade:* GS 6 *Work schedule:* Full-Time *Appointment type:* Permanent
Department Of Defense Education Activity
Website : http://www.dodea.edu/