Professional Standards & Training Unit School Nutrition
Description of Duties:
Under supervision, performs complex administrative duties and statistical, financial, or operational data analysis and reporting in support of management decision making in functional area. Identifies trends, discrepancies and variances to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of operations. May partner with other departments, divisions, outside agencies and vendors, to address business issues. Exercises various latitudes of independent judgement. May administer or provide high level support for various projects, grants, contracts, implementation of procedures, and/or any specialized functions. Job Responsibilities & Performance Standards
• Manages contracts for the Professional Standards and Training Unit.
• Analyzes source documents, such as purchase orders, invoices, receipts, requisitions, travel, payroll/other forms or similar materials. Identifies inaccuracies, such as math errors, missing or inaccurate information, signatures or documentation. Assigns standard pre-established accounting codes and/or other identifying information.
• Maintains statewide database of Professional Standards training records and provides technical assistance to users of the database.
• Produces training reports as required or requested.
• Gathers and compiles training data for the School Nutrition Department’s Strategic Plan.
• Maintains training and events calendars and schedules appointments, meetings and conferences.
• Provides high level support for various projects, grants, contracts, implementation of procedures related to training and/or any specialized functions.
• All other duties assigned.
Bachelor’s Degree in business, or a related field from an accredited college or university AND one (1) year of work experience related to the area of assignment. NOTE: and equivalent combination of education and job specific experience that provided the knowledge, experience and competencies required to successfully perform the job at the level listed may be substituted on a year-over-year basis.
• Experience with People Soft Financials (for processing requisitions, POs, invoices, contracts, etc.)
• Experience with electronic database management
• Administrative Support experience with the Department of Education or comparable position with another state agency or local school district (grades K-12)
• School nutrition or other food service work experience
• Strong computer skills, including proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
• Knowledge of automated travel booking and reporting system (Concur Solutions)
• Experience in providing technical assistance to end users
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Excellent organization and time management skills
• Experience with online meeting apps (Skype for Business, GoToMeeting, etc.)
Pay Grade J – Annual Salary ranges from $32,970.99 (minimum) up to $57,699.23 (maximum). *Hiring salary is commensurate with current employment, relevant education/training and work experience and available funding. Benefit options include life, disability, dental and health insurance, annual/sick leave, and Employees’ Retirement or Teachers’ Retirement.
Consideration/interviews will begin as soon as a list of applicants is established. Applications/resumes will be evaluated and only those meeting the qualifications may be forwarded to the hiring manager to be considered. Candidates chosen for interviews will be contacted directly. No notification will be sent to applicants except those who are selected for interviews. Due to the large volume of applications received, we cannot provide application status information.
It is the policy of the **MEMBERS ONLY**SIGN UP NOW***. not to discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, national origin, disability, or age in its employment practices.
The **MEMBERS ONLY**SIGN UP NOW***. (GaDOE) and each associated State School is a registered participant in the federal work authorization program commonly known as E-Verify. The GaDOE utilizes the program to verify employment eligibility of individuals hired on or after July 1, 2007.
GaDOE Federally-issued User ID#: 46420
Date of Authorization: 07/02/2007