M&S Engineering is looking for a Transportation Engineer to join our growing Transportation Division team located in Georgetown, Texas to assist with project oversight, development and management of various TxDOT, county and municipal projects.
* Manage a wide range of projects from small to large roadway transportation assignments.
* Manage multiple projects concurrently as well as design staff and clients.
* Prepare and oversee the development of Plans, Specifications and Estimates (PS&E), preliminary engineering reports, schematic design, drainage design and TCP for roadway projects.
* Participate in the Development of Environmental Documentation.
* Develop and enhance client relationships and earn repeat business.
* Monitor project progress, status and budgets.
* Prepare Project Quality Management Plans.
* Prepare contract time determination utilizing scheduling software.
* Prepare project required environmental permits.
* Implement and oversee quality policies, processes and procedures on all assignments.
* Bachelors or Masters of Engineering in Civil Engineering is required.
* Must be a Professional Engineer (PE) licensed in the State of Texas or the ability to obtain a Texas PE within 6 months.
* 5 years work experience in civil engineering as a transportation engineer.
* Experience and proficiency in highway design programs (Microstation V8 and GeoPak) and Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) applications preferred.
* Ability to manage multiple projects concurrently as well as design teams, staff and clients
* Strong communication and interpersonal skills and marketing experience.
* Previous work experience preparing Plans, Specifications and Estimates (PS&E), preliminary engineering reports, schematic design, drainage design and TCP for roadway projects.
* Recent experience and knowledge of TxDOT Standard Specifications and policies and procedures.
* Previous experience developing project schedules utilizing Microsoft Project, Primavera or Suretrak software. Primavera or Suretrak experience preferred.
* InRoads experience is a plus.
* Working knowledge of design and visualization software such as AutoCAD and Civil 3D is a plus.
* Experience developing Storm Water Pollution Prevention Plans (SW3P).
* Experience developing Water Pollution Abatement Plans (WPAP).
* Prior experience assisting with the development of Environmental Documents including working with the Federal Highway Administration (FHWA) and other federal agencies to comply with the National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA) and utilization of TxDOT environmental compliance process for state and local projects, to comply with FHWA NEPA compliance procedures and Chapter 42 of the Texas Administrative Code is a plus.
* TxDOT Local Government Policies and Procedures (LGPP) Certified. TxDOT precertification.
* Prior working relationships with clients in Central Texas including TxDOT, CTRMA, counties and local municipalities.
* Salary commensurate with experience
* Employer paid health insurance
* 401k retirement plan with employer match
* Paid holidays
* Earned vacation time