U.S Department of the Air Force
Job Location: Pacific Air Forces, Fort Richardson, AK, 99505, USA
Networking and Premium Apply
Continue to Apply Online
Jobs In Budget Anal Fort Richardson
| Jobs In Budget Anal Ak
| Jobs In Budget Anal
* Duties Help ## Duties ### Summary The mission of the United States Air Force is to fly, fight and win...in air, space and cyberspace. To achieve that mission, the Air Force has a vision of Global Vigilance, Reach and Power. That vision orbits around three core competencies: Developing Airmen, Technology-to-Warfighting and Integrating Operations. Core competencies and distinctive capabilities are based on a shared commitment to three core values -- integrity first, service before self, and excellencein all we do. Click here to view the AF Civilian Employment Eligibility Guide: Internal Employees (Air Force Employee - Current Permanent Competitive Service Career/Career-Conditional Employee and Current Permanent AF DCIPS Employees with Reinstatement Rights to the Competitive Service)
DoD Transfer - Army, Navy, DFAS, etc. (Excluding Air Force)
Former Federal Employees (Reinstatement)
Military Spouses - Appointment of Certain Military Spouse (EO 13473)
Schedule A - Individual with Disabilities - click here for additional information
Former Overseas Employees (EO 12721)
ICTAP (Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program)
Non-DoD Transfer (OPM, VA, Dept of Labor, etc.)
Federal Employees with Other Appointment Eligibilities (TSA, FAA, Postal, etc.)
VEOA (Veterans Employment Opportunity Act)
VRA (Veterans' Recruitment Appointment)
30% Disabled Veterans You MUST have one or more listed eligibilities to be considered. Eligibility claims must be supported with required documentation submitted with each application package to be considered. Transfer and Reinstatement eligibles must provide their most current SF-50 and the SF-50 reflecting the highest grade held if not reflected on most current/separation SF-50. *Air Force is not responsible for erroneous eligibilities you list or fail to list. Learn more about this agency ### Responsibilities This position may be filled at the GS-09 grade level with promotion potential to the GS-11 grade level. Individual selected for this position may be promoted to the target level without further competition upon meeting legal and regulatory requirements. **GS-09:** The primary purpose of this position is to serve as a Budget Analyst in a developmental capacity, performing assignments designed to further develop applicable analytical and evaluative skills and techniques. This is a developmental position. All training must be completed and regulatory requirements met prior to promotion. * Performs developmental assignments. Performs moderately difficult and complex assignments consisting of well precedented tasks to further orient the employee in the application of occupational principles, methods, and techniques.
* Performs recurring assignments. Independently performs work assignments which gradually increase in difficulty and complexity. Incumbent determines the practices and procedures to use in accomplishing conventional tasks, and interprets and adapts guidelines in order to resolve procedural or factual issues.
* Performs special assignments in support of the organization; e.g., researching policy and comparing to new or modified guidelines to assess impact; analyzing and providing substantive evaluation of data affecting program operations; developing reports and briefings outlining study findings and recommendations.
* Drafts or prepares a variety of documents to include newsletter items, responses to routine inquiries, reports, letters, and other related documents. Uses software such as word processing, spreadsheets, program language, plotting software, etc., to facilitate work.
**GS-11:** The primary purpose of this position is to serve as a budget analyst in the installation's budget office, performing a variety of budget functions involving the formulation, execution, and/or analysis of budgets and economic and cost analysis studies for substantive programs and support activities.
* Performs budget formulation work involving preparation of detailed analyses of annual and/or multi-year budget estimates for assigned organizations/programs into a consolidated budget request. Researches, compiles, and summarizes data involving obligations, expenses, and object class/line item information, narrative information, and quantitative budgetary data for use in preparing budget estimates.
* Performs budget execution and administration work involving the monitoring obligations incurred and the actual expenditures of a budget with different sources and types of funding. Conducts research, identifies and analyzes trends in the use of funds, and evaluates the effects of continuing changes in program plans and funding.
* Prepares guidance and explains and defends actions on budgetary procedures and/or interpretation of standard procedures and regulations on the various phases of budget administration to customers/functional area specialists.
* Reviews and assesses the long-term effects of budget guidelines. Conducts cost management effectiveness and sensitivity studies/analyses dealing with major issues and problems affecting assigned budget programs. Uses automated budgetary system(s) and computer-generated products in accomplishing budgeting assignments. ### Travel Required Occasional travel - May be required to travel on military or commercial aircraft to attend conferences and meetings and in the performance of official duties. ##### Supervisory status No ##### Promotion Potential 11 ### Who May Apply #### This job is open to… Federal Employees, VEOA, VRA, Individuals with Disabilities, Military Spouses, and Former Overseas Employees. See Job Summary for further information on Who May Apply. Questions? This job is open to 5 groups. * #### Job family (Series) 0560 Budget Analysis #### Similar jobs * Analysts, Budget
* Analysts, Cost
* Budget Analysts
* Cost Analysts * Requirements Help ## Requirements ### Conditions of Employment * U.S. Citizenship Required
* Males must be registered for Selective Service, see www.sss.gov.
* Must be able to obtain and maintain a Secret security clearance.
* PCS expenses WILL NOT be paid.
* This posn is subject to provisions of the DoD Priority Placement Program
* Disclosure of Political Appointments **ADDITIONAL CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:** **GS-09:**? * Safeguards classified or sensitive budget-related information and/or files.
* This is a Financial Management Level 1 Certified position IAW the National Defense Authorization Act (NDAA) 2012, Public Law 112-81, Subtitle F-Financial Management, Section 1599d. Incumbent shall comply with the requirements of this certification program.
* This is a Financial Management Level 2 Certified position IAW the National Defense Authorization Act (NDAA) 2012, Public Law 112-81, Subtitle F-Financial Management, Section 1599d. Incumbent shall comply with the requirements of this certification program.
* Safeguards classified or sensitive budget-related information and/or files. ### Qualifications **GS-09:** One year of specialized experience which includes knowledge of analysis, evaluation, fact-finding, and investigative techniques in order to gather data, identify significant factors, and recommend a solution from a number of possible alternatives. This definition of specialized experience is typical of work performed at the GS-07 grade/level position or equivalent in the federal service. NOTE: You must submit a copy of official transcripts.
**Education:** Master's or equivalent graduate degree or 2 full years of progressively higher level graduate education leading to such a degree which demonstrates the knowledge, skills, and abilities necessary to do the work of the position. NOTE: You must submit a copy of official transcripts.
LL.B. or J.D., if related. NOTE: You must submit a copy of official transcripts.
**Combination of Education and Experience:** A combination of education and experience may be used to qualify for this position as long as the computed percentage of the requirements is at least 100%. NOTE: You must submit a copy of official transcripts. **GS-11:**One year of specialized experience which includes performing a variety of budget functions involving formulation, execution and/or analysis of budgets for programs and/or support activities. This definition of specialized experience is typical of work performed at the GS-09 grade/level position or equivalent in the federal service. NOTE: You must submit a copy of official transcripts.
**Education:** Ph.D. or equivalent doctoral degree or 3 full years of progressively higher level graduate education leading to such a degree which demonstrates the knowledge, skills, and abilities necessary to do the work of the position. NOTE: You must submit a copy of official transcripts.
LL.M., if related. NOTE: You must submit a copy of official transcripts.
**Combination of Education and Experience:** A combination of education and experience may be used to qualify for this position as long as the computed percentage of the requirements is at least 100%. NOTE: You must submit a copy of official transcripts. **GS-09: FEDERAL TIME-IN-GRADE (TIG) REQUIREMENT FOR GENERAL SCHEDULE (GS) POSITIONS:** Applicants must have served at least 52 weeks at the GS-07 or higher grade (or equivalent in an alternate pay system) within the Federal Civil Service to be considered for referral. TIG applies if you are in a current GS position or held a GS position within the previous 52 weeks. **GS-11: FEDERAL TIME-IN-GRADE (TIG) REQUIREMENT FOR GENERAL SCHEDULE (GS) POSITIONS:** Applicants must have served at least 52 weeks at the GS-09 or higher grade (or equivalent in an alternate pay system) within the Federal Civil Service to be considered for referral. TIG applies if you are in a current GS position or held a GS position within the previous 52 weeks. **KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (KSAs):**Your qualifications will be evaluated on the basis of your level of knowledge, skills, abilities and/or competencies in the following areas: **GS-09:**
1. Knowledge of the principles, concepts, and theories of Budget Analysis, and the standard practices, methods, and techniques of the occupation sufficient to perform difficult, but well-precedented assignments.
2. Knowledge of analysis, evaluation, fact-finding, and investigative techniques in order to gather data, identify significant factors, and recommend a solution from a number of possible alternatives.
3. Knowledge of the occupation to perform studies and prepare reports, documentation, and correspondence to communicate factual and procedural information clearly.
4. Skill in applying the principles, concepts, and practices of the occupation sufficient to perform moderately difficult assignments.
5. Ability to communicate clearly, concisely, and with technical accuracy, both orally and in writing, as well as work in a professional manner with peers and management.
6. Ability to learn and apply analytical investigative techniques to accomplish work in the subject-matter field. **GS-11:**
1. Knowledge of commonly used budgetary methods, practices, procedures, regulations, policies, and processes to formulate, justify, and execute assigned budget in support of the mission, structure, goals, work processes, and programs of assigned organization(s).
2. Knowledge of missions, functions, goals, objectives, work processes, and sources of funding pertinent to installation's programs/organizations.
3. Skill in the application of analytical methods and techniques (e.g., cost-benefit analysis, ZBB, amortization, depreciation, and pro-rating revenues and costs among customers), mathematical and statistical analyses, and various cost estimating techniques to analyze and evaluate the effects of changes in program plans and funding and conduct economic and cost studies/analyses.
4. Ability to gather, assemble, and analyze data to prepare budget estimates, develop alternatives, and make recommendations to resolve budget/funding problems.
5. Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, to justify, defend, present, and/or advise on budgetary processes/actions. **PART-TIME OR UNPAID EXPERIENCE:**Credit will be given for appropriate unpaid and or part-time work. You must clearly identify the duties and responsibilities in each position held and the total number of hours per week. **VOLUNTEER WORK EXPERIENCE:** Refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service Programs (i.e., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student and social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge and skills that can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience. ### Education **IF USING EDUCATION TO QUALIFY:**You **MUST**provide transcripts to support your educational claims. Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education. **FOREIGN EDUCATION:** Education completed in foreign colleges or universities may be used to meet the requirements. You must show proof the education credentials have been deemed to be at least equivalent to that gained in conventional U.S. education program. It is your responsibility to provide such evidence when applying. ### Additional information **Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP):**For information on how to apply as an ICTAP eligible click here. To be well-qualified and exercise selection priority for this vacancy, displaced Federal employees must be rated well qualified or above for this position. You must submit a copy of the agency notice, your most recent performance rating, and your most recent SF-50 noting position, grade level, and duty location. **Employed Annuitants (Reemployed Annuitants):**Applicants in receipt of an annuity based on civilian employment in the Federal Service are subject to the DoD Policy on The Employment of Annuitants. Click here for more information. **90-Day Register:**This announcement may result in a 90-day register that may be used to fill like vacancies for 90 days after the closing date. Applicants may be referred for consideration as vacancies occur. **Direct Deposit:** All federal employees are required to have direct deposit. If you have questions regarding this announcement and have hearing or speech difficulties click here. Read more ### How You Will Be Evaluated You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above. Your application package (resume, supporting documents, and responses to the questionnaire) will be used to determine your eligibility, qualifications, and quality ranking for this position. Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your rating or consideration for employment. The resume/documents you submit must support your responses to the online questionnaire. If your application contradicts or does not support your questionnaire responses, you will receive a rating of not qualified or insufficient information and you will not receive further consideration for this job. Applicants who meet the requirements for and apply as a non-competitive eligible that meet minimal qualifications and other requirements of this position, will be given consideration as a non-competitive candidate and will be referred unless blocked by an individual with priority/preference. Applicants who disqualify themselves will not be evaluated further. To apply for this position, you must provide a complete Application Package which includes:
1. Your Resume (your latest resume will be used to determine your qualifications) * If you submit more than one copy of your resume, only the most recent (latest) version will be reviewed. The latest timestamp will be used to determine which version of your resume is most recent. It is your responsibility to check the status and timestamp of all documents you submit as part of your application.
* If your resume includes a photograph or other inappropriate material or content, you **will not**be considered for this vacancy.
* For qualification determinations your resume must contain hours worked per week and dates of employment (i.e., hours per week and month/year to month/year or month/year to present). If your resume does not contain this information, your application may be marked as insufficient and you will not receive consideration for this position.
2. A complete Application Questionnaire 3. Additional Required Documents (see Required Documents section below). Ensure all submitted documents contain your full name, address, phone number, and last four digits of your social security number. Read more ### Background checks and security clearance ##### Security clearance Secret * Required Documents Help ## Required Documents **The following documents are required and must be provided with your application. Other documents may be required based on the eligibility/eligibilities you are claiming. Click here to view the AF Civilian Employment Eligibility Guide and the required documents you must submit to substantiate the eligibilities you are claiming.** 1. Online Application - Questionnaire
2. Resume - must include beginning and ending month and year for each employment period, hours worked and supervisor
3. Transcripts - if qualifying based on education or positive education series (can be a copy)
4. Registration/License - active, current registration/license if applicable for the position
5. Veterans' Preference - a copy of your DD Form 214, which must include character of service or a Statement of Service/Proof of Service which must include service dates and character of service. In addition, if claiming 10-point preference you must submit a VA Letter or a disability determination from a branch of the Armed Forces (or documentation of purple heart, if applicable) and a SF 15 (Application for 10-point veteran preference).
**ACTIVE DUTY SERVICE MEMBERS:** The VOW Act Chapter 21 of Title 5, United States Code (U.S.C.), Section 2108a, requires Federal agencies treat active duty service member as veterans, disabled veterans, and preference eligible, when they submit, at the time they apply for a Federal job, a certification of active service in lieu of a DD-214, assuming the service member is otherwise eligible. A certification letter should be on letterhead of the appropriate military branch of the service and contain (1) the military service dates including the expected discharge or release date; and (2) the character of service. The service member's military service dates are necessary in order to determine whether he or she meets the definition of veteran under 5 U.S.C. 2108(1). The certification must reflect the service member is expected to be discharged or released from active duty service in the armed forces under honorable conditions **not later than 120 days after the date of submission**. The certification must be signed by, or by direction of, the adjutant, personnel officer, or commander of your unit or higher headquarters and must indicate when your terminal leave will begin (if applicable), your rank, dates of active duty service, the type of discharge and character of service (i.e. honorable). Further, under paragraph (h) of the rule, agencies are required to verify a qualifying separation from military service prior to appointment, through the DD-214 or other appropriate documentation. Your preference and/or appointment eligibility will be verified prior to appointment. Active duty members that fail to provide a valid certification of service with their initial application will be found not eligible. Military members may be appointed before the effective date of their military retirement/separation if member is on terminal leave. #### If you are relying on your education to meet qualification requirements: Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education in order for it to be credited towards qualifications. Therefore, provide only the attendance and/or degrees from schools accredited by accrediting institutions recognized by the U.S. Department of Education. Failure to provide all of the required information as stated in this vacancy announcement may result in an ineligible rating or may affect the overall rating. * Benefits Help ## Benefits A career with the U.S. Government provides employees with a comprehensive benefits package. As a federal employee, you and your family will have access to a range of benefits that are designed to make your federal career very rewarding. Learn more about federal benefits. Review our benefits Eligibility for benefits depends on the type of position you hold and whether your position is full-time, part-time, or intermittent. Contact the hiring agency for more information on the specific benefits offered. * How to Apply Help ## How to Apply The complete Application Package **must** be submitted by 11:59 PM (ET) on 02/12/2018 To preview the Application Questionnaire, please click the following link: https://apply.usastaffing.gov/ViewQuestionnaire/10131480 To begin the process, click the **Apply Online**button to create an account or log in to your existing USAJOBS account. Follow the prompts to complete the application questionnaire. Please ensure you click the **Submit My Application**button at the end of the process. If you are unable to apply online, view the following link for information regarding Alternate Application. The Vacancy ID is 10131480 **PLEASE NOTE:** It is the applicant's responsibility to verify that information entered and/or uploaded, (i.e., resume) is received, accurate, and submitted by the closing date. You may verify your documents have been processed with your application package successfully. You can access your USAJOBS account to do so by clicking here. Uploaded documents may take up to one hour to clear the virus scan. Human Resources **WILL NOT**modify or change any answers submitted by an applicant. Read more ### Agency contact information ### Total Force Service Center ##### Phone 1-800-525-0102 ##### Email DO.NOT.EMAIL@CALL.ONLY ##### Address Elmendorf AFB
8517 20th Street
Elmendorf AFB, AK
US Learn more about this agency ### Next steps Once your application package is received an acknowledgement email will be sent. If you provided an email address, you will receive an email message acknowledging receipt of your application. Your application package will be used to determine your eligibility and qualifications for consideration. If you are determined to be ineligible or not qualified, your application will receive no further consideration. To check the status of your application or return to a previous or incomplete application, log into your USAJOBS account, select My Applications, and click on the more information link under the application status for this position. If you do not provide an email address, you are responsible for checking status updates and notifications in USAJOBS. Hard copy notifications will not be sent to you. Read more * Fair & Transparent ## Fair & Transparent The Federal hiring process is setup to be fair and transparent. Please read the following guidance. ### Equal Employment Opportunity Policy The United States Government does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor. * Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) for federal employees & job applicants Read more ### Reasonable Accommodation Policy Federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities where appropriate. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process should contact the hiring agency directly. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis. A reasonable accommodation is any change to a job, the work environment, or the way things are usually done that enables an individual with a disability to apply for a job, perform job duties or receive equal access to job benefits. Under the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodations when: * An applicant with a disability needs an accommodation to have an equal opportunity to apply for a job.
* An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to perform the essential job duties or to gain access to the workplace.
* An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to receive equal access to benefits, such as details, training, and office-sponsored events. You can request a reasonable accommodation at any time during the application or hiring process or while on the job. Requests are considered on a case-by-case basis. Learn more about disability employment and reasonable accommodations or how to contact an agency. Read more #### Legal and regulatory guidance * Financial suitability
* Social security number request
* Privacy Act
* Signature and false statements
* Selective Service
* New employee probationary period This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/490379000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered. *Open & closing dates:* 02/05/2018 to 02/12/2018 *Salary:* $56,146 to $88,312 per year GS-0560-09: $56,146 - $72,991; GS-0560-11: $67,930 - $88,312 *Pay scale & grade:* GS 9 - 11 *Work schedule:* Full-Time *Appointment type:* Permanent
U.S Department of the Air Force
Website : http://www.af.mil/
The mission of the United States Air Force is to fly, fight and win … in air, space and cyberspace. To achieve that mission, the Air Force has a vision of Global Vigilance, Reach and Power. That vision orbits around three core competencies: developing Airmen, technology to war fighting and integrating operations. These core competencies make our six distinctive capabilities possible. Air and Space Superiority With it, joint forces can dominate enemy operations in all dimensions: land, sea, air and space. Global Attack Because of technological advances, the Air Force can attack anywhere, anytime and do so quickly and with greater precision than ever before.