Army National Guard
$55,027.00 to $71,537.00
Open & closing dates
$55,027 to $71,537 per year
Pay scale & grade
1 vacancy in the following location:
Relocation expenses reimbursed
This job is open to
National Guard & Reserves
Current members, those who want to join, or transitioning military members.
THIS IS A NATIONAL GUARD TITLE 32 EXCEPTED SERVICE POSITION.
This National Guard position is for a PROGRAM ANALYST, Position Description Number D1010000 and is part of the CO JFHQ J3, National Guard.
The National Guard is the oldest component of the Armed Forces of the United States. Since the earliest American colonial days, citizens have joined together for collective defense. We have a proud tradition of coming to the aid of our friends and neighbors in times of serious emergencies. Join our National Guard team and serve your nation, your states and your community!
NATIONAL GUARD MEMBERSHIP IS REQUIRED: This is an excepted service position that requires membership in a compatible military assignment in the National Guard. Selectee will be required to wear the military uniform. Acceptance of an excepted service position constitutes concurrence with these requirements as a condition of employment. Applicants who are not currently a member of the National Guard must be eligible for immediate membership and employment in the National Guard in the military grade listed in this announcement.
This position is located in the Joint Operations Center (JOC). The purpose of this position is to serve as an analyst for the management of Domestic Emergency Operations and administration of programs within the directorate of Military Support Operations. This work requires knowledge of emergency management and crisis response principles, FEMA and Colorado State Emergency Operations procedures. Knowledge of Incident Command System operating procedures coupled with analytical ability is required to develop response plans required to determine feasibility of operational plans.
Learn more about this agency
As a PROGRAM ANALYST, GS-0343-9, you will assist in the management and daily operations of the Joint Operations Center. Establishes and maintains cooperative working relationships with Federal, state and public agencies and military units within the state. Obtains and/or exchanges information pertinent to emergency support plans and activities of mutual interest or major concern. Evaluates, analyzes and disseminates information of interest to the JOC Manager, Adjutant General or his staff.
Takes calls from Federal, state and the public on exchange of information and records all pertinent data. Relays information through various communications equipment to appropriate personnel. Notifies other agencies concerning the call as necessary. Records action taken, equipment assigned and other pertinent information in various databases. Monitors radio communications of law enforcement officers, fire department, and emergency operations.
Examines, analyzes and interprets data from a variety of resources, i.e., interrelated electronic monitoring instruments, visual displays, area maps, news reports, and electronic mail to detect conditions of the area, either normal or abnormal. Maintains log records of activities occurring during the shift as a source of information for production reports, and operation efficiency status. Establishes, maintains and keeps updated the resources and operational functions/readiness of all JOC equipment once per shift.
May participate with the JOC Manager in briefing key staff members on significant emergency situations and providing situational assessments requiring response and recommendations for appropriate action. Establishes priority of actions based on a variety of situations, and uses judgment when appropriate. In a minimum of time and without error, employee must be able to copy, validate, process, and relay the message to appropriate personnel. Performs other duties as assigned.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…
Members of the Colorado National Guard (Open to Army and Air)
Questions? This job is open to 1 group.
Job family (Series)
0343 Management And Program Analysis
General And Operations Managers
Managers, All Other
Conditions of Employment
Membership in the Colorado National Guard
Must hold the grade of E-5 thru E-6
Submit all required documentation
May be required to successfully complete a probationary period
Compatible military grade and assignment required prior to the effective date of placement. This is an excepted service position that requires membership in a compatible military assignment in the employing state's National Guard. Applicants who are not currently a member of the National Guard must be eligible for immediate membership. If you are not sure you are eligible for military membership, please contact a National Guard recruiter prior to applying for this position.
Military Grades: E-5 thru E-6
For positions requiring the operation for motor vehicle, candidates must have a valid state driver's license for the state in which they live or are principally employed.
For positions requiring a security clearance (Secret or Top Secret) the applicant must possess or be able to obtain a clearance within one year of appointment.
Participation in direct deposit is mandatory.
1. Specialized experience will be used to determine qualifications for the announced position.
2. An applicants RESUME must provide, in detail, how they meet each specialized experience listed below.
3. It must be documented with from (mm/yy) and to (mm/yy) dates and description of the specialized experience.
4. If education or a degree is required as part of the Specialized Experience, you must include transcripts.
DO NOT copy each bullet listed below word for word and place into your resume; you must describe your personal experience as it pertains to each bullet.
You will be immediately disqualified if you fail to include specialized experience in your resume.
Must have at least 24 months of Specialized Experience in each of the following:
1. Experience which has provided a working knowledge of the National Guard organizational structures, functions, procedures, and techniques.
2. Experience analyzing, interpreting and developing policies and procedures of local management.
Not required but preferred:
MOS/AFSC: 25B, 25U, 3DXXX or equivalent experience
Substitution of Education for specialized experience - Successful completion of a full 4-year course of study in any field leading to a bachelor's degree, in an accredited college or university, meets 6 months Specialized Experience.
If you are a male applicant who was born after 12/31/1959 and are required to register under the Military Selective Service Act, the Defense Authorization Act of 1986 requires that you be registered or you are not eligible for appointment in this agency ( https://www.sss.gov/RegVer/wfRegistration.aspx
If you are unable to apply online or need to fax a document you do not have in electronic form, view the following link for information regarding an Alternate Application
1. If you would like to inquire about joining the Colorado Army National Guard please contact (720) 250-1347.
2. If you would like to inquire about joining the Colorado Air National Guard please contact Recruiting Office Supervisor at 720-847-9457.
3. PCS funds are not available (unless otherwise stated).
4. Be advised that if selected for a military technician position where membership in a reserve component is a condition of employment, your bonus may be terminated and may or may not be subject to recoupment. Questions pertaining to recoupment may be directed to the State Incentives manager at (720) 250-1337.
5. AGR positions are not announced/applied for on USAjobs. Contact your respective AGR offices for instructions on how to apply for AGR positions.
6. A security clearance may be required for this position. Please contact the selecting supervisor or state security manager with questions regarding clearances. (Failure to obtain/maintain a security clearance may be grounds for termination from the Technician program.)
7. Unless stated otherwise: Must be fully qualified or able to obtain MOS within one year hire if this position is listed as immaterial against NGB compatibility requirements. If there is a compatible, required, or restricted MOS listed in this announcement - you will need that MOS to qualify for the position. If this position requires specific ASVAB scores, please contact the selecting supervisor with any questions.
8. This position may be contingent on the vacancy of the incumbent even if not otherwise stated in this announcement. Please contact the HRO with any questions regarding hiring dates.
9. Unless stated otherwise: If this position is posted as an Indefinite Technician it may be converted to Permanent without further competition. Please contact the HRO with any questions regarding employment status.
10. Per ARNG-HRH Policy Memorandum #10-39, mandatory Full Time Staff (FTS) training is required within a year of hire as a condition of employment in vacancy announcements for both Technician and Active Guard Reserve positions. Failure of new FTS personnel to complete NGB prescribed courses at PEC within the first year of employment may be cause for reassignment to other full time positions or termination of their employment.
11. Current COANG Technicians and AGRs hired for a position in which an MCR is required will remain in their current status unless/until the MCR is approved. In the event the MCR is not approved, they are accepting the position in their current status.
12. We use E-Verify to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired.
How You Will Be Evaluated
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Once the announcement has closed, your resume and supporting documentation will be used to determine if you meet the qualifications listed on this announcement. If you are minimally qualified, your resume and supporting documentation will be compared to your responses on the assessment questionnaire to determine your level of experience. If you are found to be a minimally qualified candidate, you will be referred to the selecting official for employment consideration.
Background checks and security clearance
Failure to submit the required documents will be grounds for disqualification without further review
REQUIRED: A current Resume, providing military rank, email and TVA #
REQUIRED: Specialized experience documented in your resume with mm/yy to mm/yy format
REQUIRED: Your DD214 (if available) or Service School Certificate awarding you an MOS/AFSC
If you are relying on your education to meet qualification requirements:
Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education in order for it to be credited towards qualifications. Therefore, provide only the attendance and/or degrees from schools accredited by accrediting institutions recognized by the U.S. Department of Education
Failure to provide all of the required information as stated in this vacancy announcement may result in an ineligible rating or may affect the overall rating.
A career with the U.S. Government provides employees with a comprehensive benefits package. As a federal employee, you and your family will have access to a range of benefits that are designed to make your federal career very rewarding. Learn more about federal benefits
Review our benefits
Eligibility for benefits depends on the type of position you hold and whether your position is full-time, part-time, or intermittent. Contact the hiring agency for more information on the specific benefits offered.
How to Apply
How to Apply
To apply for this position, you must complete the online application/Occupational Questionnaire and submit the documentation specified in the Required Documents section below. To view the Occupational Questionnaire, click the following link: https://apply.usastaffing.gov/ViewQuestionnaire/10135769
A complete application package must be submitted by 11:59 PM (EST) on the closing date of the announcement to receive consideration.
To begin, click Apply to access the online application. You will need to be logged into your USAJOBS account to apply. If you do not have a USAJOBS account, you will need to create one before beginning the application.
Follow the prompts to select your resume and/or other supporting documents to be included with your application package. You will have the opportunity to upload additional documents to include in your application before it is submitted. Your uploaded documents may take several hours to clear the virus scan process.
After acknowledging you have reviewed your application package, complete the Include Personal Information section as you deem appropriate and click to continue with the application process.
You will be taken to the online application which you must complete in order to apply for the position. Complete the online application, verify the required documentation is included with your application package, and submit the application.
To verify the status of your application, log into your USAJOBS account ( https://my.usajobs.gov/Account/Login
), all of your applications will appear on the Welcome screen. The Application Status will appear along with the date your application was last updated. For information on what each Application Status means, visit: https://www.usajobs.gov/Help/how-to/application/status/
Agency contact information
CO JFHQ J3
6848 South Revere Parkway
Learn more about this agency
Once your online application is submitted you will receive a confirmation notification by email. Your application will be evaluated by the Human Resources Office to determine your eligibility for the position. After the evaluation is complete, you will receive another notification regarding the status of your application.
Fair & Transparent
Fair & Transparent
The Federal hiring process is setup to be fair and transparent. Please read the following guidance.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
The United States Government does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) for federal employees & job applicants
Reasonable Accommodation Policy
Federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities where appropriate. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process should contact the hiring agency directly. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis.
A reasonable accommodation is any change to a job, the work environment, or the way things are usually done that enables an individual with a disability to apply for a job, perform job duties or receive equal access to job benefits.
Under the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodations when: An applicant with a disability needs an accommodation to have an equal opportunity to apply for a job.
An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to perform the essential job duties or to gain access to the workplace.
An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to receive equal access to benefits, such as details, training, and office-sponsored events.
You can request a reasonable accommodation at any time during the application or hiring process or while on the job. Requests are considered on a case-by-case basis.
Learn more about disability employment and reasonable accommodations
or how to contact an agency.
Legal and regulatory guidance
Social security number request
Signature and false statements
New employee probationary period
Note: We cannot accept applications on behalf of Federal Agencies. Application instructions are listed within the Job Description.
Army National Guard
Website : http://www.arng.army.mil/