This position is responsible for providing reporting and subject matter expertise relative to responding to revenue cycle questions and duties. The analyst reports to the central business office director.
1. Ability to accurately respond to Hospital Departments, Revenue Cycle Leadership, patients, etc.
2. Work with third-party vendors on outsourced AR as necessary.
3. Maintain multiple systems to ensure consistency in reporting.
4. Respond to internal audit and compliance requests.
5. Run daily, weekly, monthly and ad hoc reports.
6. Maintain monthly accruals with accounting and report on budget variances.
7. Identify and work with the director to resolve problems with CBO processes and when appropriate, initiate changes to prevent future problems.
8. Validate monthly invoices and ensure accurate compensation for vendors.
9. Maintain professional competency, according to department policies, procedures and protocols.
10. Maintain a repository of knowledge required to train new revenue cycle analysts including manuals, tip sheets and other materials.
11. Maintain strict confidentiality and adheres to all HIPAA guidelines/regulations.
Knowledge & Capabilities:
1. 4 years' minimum experience in hospital billing with specific payer(s) subject matter expertise.
2. Experience with patient accounting systems, Meditech experience is a plus.
3. Possess ability to investigate, analyze and in coordination with management, resolve departmental issues.
4. Possess ability to work efficiently and accurately, and to organize and plan work.
5. Possess flexibility and adaptability to work additional hours and to achieve deadlines.
6. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships and communicate clearly with customers both within and outside of Steward.
7. Highly detail oriented and well organized; ability to multitask.
8. Excel and data analysis skills.