WHAT DOES A HUMAN RESOURCE SPECIALIST DO? As a Human Resource Specialist, you will serve as a consultant and provide guidance over various personnel/payroll issues. In this position you will be responsible for accomplishing a variety of analytical studies and/or participate in projects relating to mission/oriented programs for the Internal Revenue Service. In addition, you will provide advice, guidance and information on personnel/payroll systems and provide feedback in the evaluation of the efficiency and effectiveness of the assigned programs and systems.
WHAT IS THE HCO DIVISION: The HCO mission is to make IRS an employer of choice and a leader in human capital planning and management. It develops strategies and tools for recruiting, hiring, developing and retaining a highly skilled and high performing workforce to support the IRS mission. HCO develops and implements technology-enabled systems to improve human capital planning and management and to empower employees to achieve their potential.
8 Positions to be filled in the Human Capital Office(HCO)/Payroll/ Payroll & Personnel Systems , in the following locations: 1 position @2970 Market St.,Philadelphia,PA (PA0809): 1 position @5333 Getwell Rd.,Memphis,TN(TN0005): 1 position @ 5015 S IH-35,Austin,TX(TX2746); 1 position @1160 W 1200 S Ogden,UT(UT0036); 1 position @ 440 Spacecenter Dr.,Lee's Summit, MO(XXMO02); 1 positio@ 310 Lowell St, Andover,MA (MA0137); 1 position @ 200 W. Fourth St.,Covington, KY(KY0085), 1 position @ 7940 Kentucky Dr, Florence, KY(KY2020). Section within the Branch will be determined at selection.
This is a roster announcement open continuously and allows applicants to apply up to the last cut off date listed in the announcement. The roster will be used to fill positions throughout the next 12 months. Projecting approximately 8 vacancies may be filled during the life of this roster open period of 4/23/18-2/18/2019 selections may be made through 4/21/2019 . Contingent upon funding and space requirements, one or more vacancies may be filled in the individual PODs listed below as they become available in that location during the life of this roster. Applicants need to apply and be eligible by 11:59 pm Eastern Time (ET) at the close of each of the following cutoff dates to be considered: 5/4/2018, 8/24/2018, 11/22/2018 and 2/18/2019. Applicants may also update their applications by the cut off dates listed.
Learn more about this agency
As a Human Resource Specialist you will:
* Provide authoritative policy and technical advice or consultation and assistance to all Payroll-Personnel Systems (PPS) organizations and all levels of IRS management on the full range of personnel/payroll systems products and services.
* Provide assistance and advice in two or more HR Specialties of a wide range of advance HR principles practices techniques and regulations.
* Perform research and analyze the results to develop recommendations to customers through research fact-finding and evaluative techniques.
* Apply automation means to accomplish presentations, data retrieval and to prepare written guidelines and recommendations relating to personnel or payroll projects.
* Apply project management principles and processes to projects and effectively coordinate and integrate project objectives and recommendations.
* Provide knowledge of analytical and evaluative personnel and payroll methods and techniques to accomplish projects.
* Provide technical assistance on the HR automated information systems' procedures and applications. Analyze and resolve problems encountered or referred from others within assigned program areas.
WHERE CAN I FIND OUT MORE ABOUT OTHER IRS CAREERS? If you want to find out more about IRS careers, visit us on the web at ****
25% or less - Travel locally/overnight 1 to 5 nights per month
Who May ApplyThis job is open to…Current IRS Internal Agency Employees
Questions? This job is open to 1 group.
* Job family (Series)
0201 Human Resources Management
HelpRequirements Conditions of Employment
* Please refer to Conditions of Employment.
* Click Print Preview to review the entire announcement before applying.
You must meet the following requirements by the closing date of this announcement.
GS-12 LEVEL: You must have one (1) year of specialized experience at a level of difficulty and responsibility equivalent to the GS-11 grade level in the Federal service. Specialized experience for this position includes: applying a wide range of advanced Human Resources Personnel Payroll concepts and practices, as well as consultative skills. Experience using knowledge of research fact-finding and evaluative techniques in order to perform extensive research and analyze results; Experience using personal computer and internal automation to accomplish complex report/graph presentations data retrieval and to prepare written guidelines and recommendations. Examples of qualifying work experience include: Participating as an analyst for major payroll human resource functions or equivalent organizations; Analyzing personnel problems; Implementing changes in human resources requirements that will meet future mission demands; and ensuring accuracy of personnel employee payroll information.
* The experience may have been gained in the public sector, private sector or Volunteer Service. One year of experience refers to full-timework; part-timework is considered on a prorated basis.
* To ensure full credit for your work experience, please indicate dates of employment by month/year, and indicate number of hours worked per week, on your resume.
* You must have been at the GS-11 level for 52 weeks (time-in-grade requirement).