Federal Reserve Bank of New York
Consumer Compliance Bank Examiner (Community Reinvestment Act - Subject Matter Expert)- Supervision Group - Federal Reserve Bank of New York
Consumer compliance examiners conducts examinations and specialized supervisory activities at state member banks, bank holding companies, and certain U.S. branches and agencies of foreign banks to enforce federal consumer protection laws and regulations and to promote access to banking services in historically underserved markets. Examiners also investigate consumer complaints filed against state member banks.
Seeking Community Reinvestment Act subject matter expertise.
• Conduct examinations to determine banks' compliance with consumer protection laws and regulations, including fair lending and Community Reinvestment Act (CRA);
• Assess the effectiveness of compliance risk management practices and internal controls;
• Develop risk assessments detailing the compliance risks of an institution;
• Identify, assess, and address complex supervisory issues and compliance risks, and make recommendations for improvement;
• Analyze consumer complaints against member banks;
• Present supervisory findings and recommendations with supporting work papers;
• Conduct formal training on consumer compliance regulatory topics and act as a mentor for less experienced staff members;
• Provide leadership as needed to field staff to achieve consistency in examination processes; and
• Participate in department and system-wide task force committees and make recommendations related to supervisory/regulatory practices, polices, and proposals.
• Educational Background: Bachelor's or Master's degree. CRCM designation or Bank Examiner commissioning preferred;
• An understanding of retail banking deposit and lending operations and their related consumer banking laws and regulations, including fair lending and CRA;
• Exceptional critical thinking skills with the ability to assimilate new information, manage multiple tasks, and assess compliance risks;
• Proven team player with the ability to build collaborative relationships;
• Strong communication skills (verbal and written), including the ability to clearly articulate supervisory concerns as well as the ability to stay focused on key messages and to manage questions and discussions effectively during meetings;
• Strong organizational skills;
• Solid leadership skills and the ability to manage a team of examiners during examinations and provide candid and meaningful performance feedback;
• Flexibility to adapt to new situations and work sites, including the ability to travel overnight throughout the Second Federal Reserve District and to other Federal Reserve Banks as needed (up to 30% travel);
• Commitment to a structured training program leading to Bank Examiner commissioning;
• A minimum of 3 years of CRA examination experience or similar industry experience strongly preferred; and
• Prior work experience in a compliance role or as a compliance consultant within the financial services industry preferred.
This position requires access to confidential supervisory information, which is limited to Protected Individuals as defined in the U.S. federal immigration law. Protected Individuals include, but are not limited to, U.S. citizens, U.S. nationals, U.S. permanent residents who are not yet eligible to apply for naturalization, and U.S. permanent residents who have applied for naturalization within six months of being eligible to do so.
The Federal Reserve Bank of New York is committed to a diverse workforce and to providing equal employment opportunity to all persons without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetic information, disability, or military service.
All interested candidates should apply through the Bank's career website to req # 253944 and attach resume and cover letter.
Americas, United States
New York City
Compliance Manager (m/w) Abteilung Legal
Stage – Referential & risk data quality management-(H/F)
Advertise with us
| Asia / Pacific
| South Korea
| North Carolina
| View Other Popular States
Popular Risk Types:
| Risk Management Jobs
| Credit Jobs
| Operational Jobs
| Enterprise Jobs
| Multiple Jobs
| Regulatory/Compliance Jobs
Resumes by Job Titles:
| Risk Analyst
| Quantitative Analyst
| Risk Manager
| Risk Management Consultant
| Risk Officer
| View Other Resumes
Terms & conditions
Copyright © 2017 Global Risk Jobs | Powered by JobMount Job Board Software
| Job Wrapping
Federal Reserve Bank of New York
Website : http://www.newyorkfed.org