LOCATION OF POSITION
Maryland Department of Health
Frederick County Health Department
350 Montevue Lane
Frederick, MD 21702
Main Purpose of Job
A Peer Recovery Specialist I, Certified is the entry level of work, in the Maryland Department of Health (MDH), providing peer recovery support services to clients with substance use disorders, mental health disorders, and/or co-occurring disorders to begin and maintain a path to recovery. This position will provide recovery support services to participants identified through the Syringe Services Program.
Education: Graduation from an accredited high school or possession of a high school equivalency certificate.
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
1. Candidates for positions in this classification must possess a current certification as a Peer Recovery Specialist within 24 months from date of hire from the Maryland Addictions Professional Certification Board (MAPCB) located at 10807 Falls Rd., #1376, Brooklandville, MD 21022. A copy of your certificate must be attached to the application.
2. Employees in this classification may be assigned duties which require the operation of a motor vehicle. Employees assigned such duties will be required to possess a motor vehicle operator's license valid in the State of Maryland.
1. Employees in this classification who fail to obtain the required certification by the end of 24 months of continuous employment with the hiring department shall be subject to disciplinary action including demotion, suspension and dismissal.
2. Applicants for this classification must be in a state of recovery for 2 years from a substance use, mental health or co-occurring disorder before they can be qualified to be hired as a Peer Recovery Specialist, Certified.
3. Employees in this classification must complete any additional training that is deemed necessary and appropriate maintain required certification.
4. Employees in this classification are subject to substance abuse testing, in accordance with Code of Maryland Regulation 17.04.09, Testing for Illegal Use of Drugs.
Applicants who meet the minimum qualifications will be evaluated. The evaluation may be a rating of your application based on your education, training and experience as they relate to the requirements of the position. Therefore, it is essential that you provide complete and accurate information on your application. Please report all related education, experience, dates and hours of work. For education obtained outside the U.S., a copy of the equivalent American education as determined by a foreign credential evaluation service must accompany the application. All information concerning your qualifications must be submitted by the closing date. We will not consider information submitted after this date.
Contractual employees who work for an agency covered under the State Employee and Retiree Health and Welfare Benefits Program (the Program), have a current employment contract and work 30 or more hours a week (or on average 130 hours per month) may be eligible for subsidized health benefits coverage for themselves and their dependents. As a contractual employee, you will be responsible for paying 25% of the premiums for your medical and prescription coverage, including any eligible dependents you have enrolled. The State of Maryland will subsidize the remaining 75% of the cost for these benefits. You can also elect to enroll in dental coverage, accidental death and dismemberment insurance, and life insurance, but will be responsible to pay the full premium for these benefits.
Online application process is STRONGLY preferred. If you are having difficulty with your user account or have general questions about the online application system, please **** or ****. If online process is not available, please send your paper application to: Maryland Department of Health, Recruitment and Selection Division, 201 W. Preston St., Room 114-B, Baltimore, MD 21201. The paper application must be received by 5 pm, close of business, on the closing date for the recruitment, no postmarks will be accepted. Incorrect application forms will not be accepted. If you need to submit additional information, the preferred method is to upload. If unable to upload, please ****. Appropriate accommodations for individuals with disabilities are available upon request by calling: (410) 767-1251 or MD TTY Relay Service 1-800-735-2258. We thank our Veterans for their service to our country, and encourage them to apply. As an equal opportunity employer Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State's diversity. Should additional information regarding this recruitment be required, please **** or via email at ****.
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
Fill out the Supplemental Questionnaire and Application NOW using the Internet. View and print the Supplemental Questionnaire. This recruitment requires completion of a supplemental questionnaire. You may view and print the supplemental questionnaire here. Apply via Paper Application. You may also download and complete the Paper Application here.
* Contact Us
45 Calvert Street, Annapolis, MD 21401
300-301 West Preston Street, Baltimore, MD 21201
* MD Social Media Directory