Georgia Department of Transportation
Supervises, guides, and/or instructs the work assignments of subordinate staff. Supervises the provision of real estate services for the settlement, acquisition, or condemnation of property for right of way. Negotiates and closes complex property settlements and appraisals.
JOB SPECIFIC DUTIES:
Under limited supervision, supervises a team of right of way specialists and/or manages consultants in the acquisition of real property for right of way. Performs functions necessary to initiate and complete projects. Approves and justifies counteroffer options. Makes a final administrative appeal contact on parcels for which the negotiator has not obtained an option. Attends meetings and interviews job applicants. Compiles, approves, and submits status reports, certification reports, payrolls, leave requests, and miscellaneous reports. May serve as an assistant to the District Preconstruction Engineer and attend meetings on their behalf.
The selected candidate must meet the advertised minimum qualifications to include State Entry Qualifications as well as Agency Specific Minimum Qualifications.
STATE ENTRY QUALIFICATIONS:
• Bachelor's degree in a related area from an accredited college or university AND Four years of related experience
• OR State Certified General Real Property Appraiser AND Four years of related experience
• OR One year of experience at the lower level Right of Way Spec Spv 1 (REP023) or position equivalent.
AGENCY SPECIFIC MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
• Possession of a Bachelor's degree in Bus i n ess Administration or related fi e l d AND Four years of r e l ate d experience OR F ifteen ( 15) years of GDOT Right of Way acquisition experience.
•••NOTE : To receive appropriate credit for education, you must have ta k en and passed four of these five course s : economics, finance, business la w , accounting, or management informa t i on syst e ms.
• Four years of acquisition experienc e .
• Possesses a State Registered Real Property Appr a ise r designe e .
• Successf u l completion of coursework a n d passing of required examinations for Curriculum Groups A, B , C, and D.
• Possesses a comprehensive un d erstanding of and successful applies Right of Way acquisition polic i es and procedures to in c l ude C property appraisal, negotiation and relocatio n .
• Effect i vely recognizes and interprets sy mbols, lines and other i nformation shown on p l ans , profiles, and maps as related to com p l e x Right of Way activities
• Effectively rea d s and com p rehends Right of Way correspond e nce, appraisal reports, relocatio n , negotiat i o n and o ther related acquisition d o cument s .
• Effectively directs and guides team members to action in order to accom p l i sh the goals of the organization.
• Effectively pla n s and prioritizes daily work schedules for others as required to accompl i s h ing assigned task s .
• Effectively interacts with others to influence, motivate and challenge them; works well with othe rs to achieve shared goals and to reach mutually acceptable s o lut ions.
• Effectively identifies tr a ining needs; provides constructive feedback ; coaches others on how to perform task s .
• Effectively recognizes actu a l and potential problems that may adversely impact the acqui si t i o n proce s s .
• Adapts to changes in varying demands of the jo b ; is open to change and n ew information.
• Effectively demonstrates mathematical skills needed to s o lve practical problems encountered on the job.
• Learns to accurat el y v i s u a lize before and afte r c o n di tio n s of p r o p erty based upon map informati o n ( such as slope and boundaries) and to ex p l ain these chang e s to affected p ers o ns
• Learns to use av a ilab l e tech n o l ogy in the workplace i n clud ing te c h nology to l o cate, r ecord a nd transfer re a l estate data as r e q u i red.
• Eff e c tively expresses ideas clea rl y a n d effectively a nd to w r i te le g i b ly.
• Effectively comm unicates information orally t o individuals a nd / or groups who possess var y ing l eve l s of technical understanding.
• D i splay s and s e t s the h i ghest standards of e x pec t ati o n s for ethic a l conduct.
• Committed to pr o v iding qua lity customer ser v ice.
• M aintains a positive view of s e l f a n d displa y s a professional image.
• Possesses t h e physical mobility necessary t o maneuver over irregular terrain, and var yin g and une v e n surfaces, in o r d er to appraise or inspe c t property and to p erform fi e ld plan reviews.
AGENCY PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS:
• One or more years of experience as an Assistant Right of Way Team Manager or equivalent level.
• Possesses an active Certified General Real Property Appraisal License.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR ALL GDOT JOBS
The interview is just one part of the overall selection process and is not the only criteria used to make the final selection. In addition to the interview, the final selection is based on the applicant's work history and performance (documented in HR and/or Office files), PeopleSoft/employee status (i.e. rehire code), employee performance reviews, personnel file review (HR & Office Files), criminal background check, employment reference checks (including references and commendations from Managers and other relevant documentation) and, for supervisory positions, demonstrated leadership skills based on past and current work history will be considered.
Good Employment Standing:
In accordance with the Interview and Selection Process (ISP), an applicant must have no active disciplinary actions to be in good employment standing. Actions that may disqualify an applicant include letters of reprimand (active for 12 months after issuance date); suspension without pay or disciplinary demotion (active for 12 months from the effective date); Performance Improvement Plans (PIP) and Leave Restriction Plans (active until 12 months after the date of conclusion). In addition, an employee must have an overall e-Performance rating score of three (3) or higher on their most current evaluation. Please note that Memorandums of Concern are not considered disqualifying factors. Human Resources may remove any employee from consideration for selection who is pending a disciplinary action; however, if the action is resolved in the employee's favor, he or she will be allowed to compete.
THIS IS AN UNCLASSIFIED POSITION.
THE SELECTED APPLICANT FOR THE POSITION WILL BE SUBJECT TO A REFERENCE CHECK AND CRIMINAL BACKGROUND CHECK, WHERE APPLICABLE
PLEASE INCLUDE ALL RELEVANT JOB INFORMATION ON THE APPLICATION FOR
CONSIDERATION. ALL APPLICATIONS WILL BE PRESCREENED.
UPON PROMOTION, THE SELECTED CANDIDATE WILL RECEIVE 10% or THE GDOT JOB SPECIFIC MINIMUM SALARY, WHICHEVER IS GREATER.
GDOT IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Bachelor's degree in a related area from an accredited college or university AND Four years of related experience OR State Certified General Real Property Appraiser AND Four years of related experience OR One year of experience at the lower level Right of Way Spec Spv 1 (REP023) or position equivalent.
Georgia Department of Transportation
Website : http://www.dot.ga.gov
The Georgia Department of Transportation (Georgia DOT) consists of approximately 4,300 employees under the leadership of Commissioner Keith Golden, P.E. Georgia DOT plans, constructs and maintains Georgia’s state and federal highways. We’re involved in bridge, waterway, public transit, rail, general aviation, bike and pedestrian programs. And we help local governments maintain their roads