Oregon Air National Guard
$66,110.00 to $85,946.00
Open & closing dates
$66,110 to $85,946 per year
Pay scale & grade
1 vacancy in the following location:
New Castle, DE
Relocation expenses reimbursed
This job is open to
National Guard & Reserves
Current members, those who want to join, or transitioning military members.
FEDERAL TECHNICIAN VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT THIS IS A MILITARY POSITION
DUAL STATUS, NON-BARGAINING
166 MAI GP
Open to applicants in Areas of Consideration: I, II, III
AREA I = All presently employed Delaware Air National Guard permanent federal technicians.
AREA II = All currently active members of the Delaware Air National Guard.
AREA III = Must be willing to become a member of the Delaware Air National Guard
THIS IS A NATIONAL GUARD TITLE 32 EXCEPTED SERVICE POSITION.
This National Guard position is for a QUALITY ASSURANCE SPECIALIST, Position Description Number D1818000and is part of the DE 166 Maintenance Group, National Guard.
The National Guard is the oldest component of the Armed Forces of the United States. Since the earliest American colonial days, citizens have joined together for collective defense. We have a proud tradition of coming to the aid of our friends and neighbors in times of serious emergencies. Join our National Guard team and serve your nation, your states and your community!
NATIONAL GUARD MEMBERSHIP IS REQUIRED: This is an excepted service position that requires membership in a compatible military assignment in the National Guard. Selectee will be required to wear the military uniform. Acceptance of an excepted service position constitutes concurrence with these requirements as a condition of employment. Applicants who are not currently a member of the National Guard must be eligible for immediate membership and employment in the National Guard in the military grade listed in this announcement.
Learn more about this agency
As a QUALITY ASSURANCE SPECIALIST, GS-1910-11, you will
(1) Serves as the Office of Primary Responsibility (OPR) for wing maintenance policy, advising supervisors and employees on both general policy and specific maintenance matters. Makes decisions and recommendations on technical concerns presented by supervisors. Utilizes a comprehensive knowledge and ability to interpret Air Force Instructions, Technical Orders, engineering drawings, product specifications, Air Force Occupational and Health (AFOSH) and environmental standards, public law, and locally developed policy.
(2) Maintenance Standardization Evaluation Program (MSEP): Administers, evaluates, and coordinates a comprehensive quality assurance, maintenance standardization, and inspection program for all areas of the maintenance organization, all maintenance disciplines, job series and Air Force Specialty Codes (AFSCs).
(a) Executes the evaluation program and accumulates data using Inspection and Evaluation techniques such as Task Evaluations, Quality Verification Inspections, Special Inspections, Personnel Evaluations and Management Inspections.
(b) Monitors and assesses the organization's quality program and elements of the program to gauge compliance with directives and established processes. Identifies deficiencies, implements corrective measures, and improves processes to enhance mission effectiveness and efficiency.
(3) Utilizes data collection techniques and procedures for evaluation, inspection, and audit programs, evaluates the results and determines the appropriate and effective method and format for presentation to higher-level management. Performs statistical analysis (e.g. normal distribution, averages, means, standard deviations, trending, root cause analysis, etc.) using standard statistical quality control methods.
(4) Collaborates with the Maintenance Group Commander, Maintenance Squadron Commanders, and Quality Assurance Supervisor to plan, develop, implement, inspect, and report numerous critical compliance issues and review the Configuration Management (CM) programs. Manages the Wing Foreign Object Damage and Dropped Object Prevention Program (DOPP) to ensure a sound prevention program is in place to eliminate potential life safety hazards.
(5) Serves as the Aircraft Weight and Balance program manager utilizing complex computer based programs, data bases, electronic weighing apparatus, and integrated weight and balance computers for the Wing to maintain strict accounting of aircraft weight and balance for safe flight operations.
(6) Reviews wing depot-level assistance requests developed in accordance with tech orders. Reviews for adequacy and submits engineering disposition requests to the System Program Office (SPO).
(7) Prepares and reviews Product Quality Deficiency Reports (QDR) prior to releasing to the Air Logistics Center (ALC) or Aircraft Sustainment Group and performs exhibit-processing oversight by coordinating with ALC and Logistics Readiness Squadron to ensure proper exhibit control and handling.
(8) Serves as the authority for determining applicability of Time Compliance Technical Orders (TCTO) and One Time Inspections (OTI). Reviews and determines the applicability, completeness, accuracy and of TCTOs and OTIs to unit maintained equipment, notifies the Maintenance Operations Center (MOC), and monitors expended man-hours and the quality of unit compliance actions.
(9) Manages the Technical Order Improvement Program and Suggestion Program for the wing. Ensures a critical evaluation is performed, and forms are properly completed.
(10) Executes a Quality Assurance Surveillance Plan (QASP) to monitor Contractor Logistic Support (CLS) aircraft or Contract Field Team (CFT). Serves as the government's on-site Quality Assurance Representative (QAR) and is the liaison between contractor and government personnel.
(11) Maintains direct contact with the NGB staff and with counterparts at other ANG bases in order to resolve problems affecting maintenance capabilities and compliance.
(12) Manages and conducts quality verification inspections and surveillance inspections of conventional weapons systems and components.
(13) Performs other duties as assigned.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…
All applicants willing and eligible to join the Delaware Air National Guard (All areas)
Questions? This job is open to 1 group.
Job family (Series)
1910 Quality Assurance
Conditions of Employment
National Guard Membership is required.
Males born after 31 December 1959 must be registered for Selective Service.
Federal employment suitability as determined by a background investigation.
May be required to successfully complete a probationary period.
Compatible military grade and assignment required prior to the effective date of placement. This is an excepted service position that requires membership in a compatible military assignment in the employing state's National Guard. Applicants who are not currently a member of the National Guard must be eligible for immediate membership. If you are not sure you are eligible for military membership, please contact a National Guard recruiter prior to applying for this position.
Compatible Military Assignments: 2AXXX
Participation in direct deposit is mandatory.
GENERAL EXPERIENCE:Experience, education, or training involving planning, developing, or administering quality assurance programs (i.e., supporting the development, acquisition, production, use, maintenance, storage, and supply of products concerned with the systematic prevention of defects and non-conformances, the identification of unsatisfactory trends and conditions, and the correction of factors which may contribute to defective items). Experience using computer and automation systems
SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE: 36 months experience, education, or training involving a thorough knowledge of product or range of products involved, the manufacturing methods and techniques, special processes, test and performance requirements; and skill in developing plans and programs. Experience possessed by an expert in the area of specialization able to give technical direction to otherwise competent workers. Experience determining operations when difficult and questionable phases of malfunctions are found. Experience which required significant and concrete work accomplishments (i.e. special projects, working groups, or detailing assignments) involving interpersonal contacts in a quality assurance or related field. Experience in dealing with management principles and supervisory responsibility for the function required by type of position to be filled and the organization involved
If you are using Education to qualify for this position, Substitution of Education for Specialized Experience - Successful completion of a full 4-year course of study in fields listed below leading to a bachelor's degree, in an accredited college or university, meets the GS-5 level requirements. Education - Undergraduate and Graduate Education: Major study -- quality assurance, statistics, mathematics, production management, industrial management, computer science, engineering, engineering technology, physical sciences, textiles, or other fields related to the position.
You must provide transcripts or other documentation to support your Educational claims. To receive credit for Education, you must provide documentation of proof that you meet the Education requirements for this position.
If you are a male applicant who was born after 12/31/1959 and are required to register under the Military Selective Service Act, the Defense Authorization Act of 1986 requires that you be registered or you are not eligible for appointment in this agency ( https://www.sss.gov/RegVer/wfRegistration.aspx
If you are unable to apply online or need to fax a document you do not have in electronic form, view the following link for information regarding an Alternate Application
How You Will Be Evaluated
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Once the announcement has closed, your resume and supporting documentation will be used to determine if you meet the qualifications listed on this announcement. If you are minimally qualified, your resume and supporting documentation will be compared to your responses on the assessment questionnaire to determine your level of experience. If you rate yourself higher than is supported by your application package, your responses may be adjusted and/or you may be excluded from consideration for this position. If you are found to be among the top qualified candidates, you will be referred to the selecting official for employment consideration.
Your qualifications will be evaluated on the following competencies (knowledge, skills, abilities and other characteristics):
Attention to Detail, Decision Making, Problem Solving, Quality Assurance, and Quality Management
Background checks and security clearance
To apply for this position, you must submit a complete Application Package which includes:
1. Your resume showing work schedule, hours worked per week, dates (including Month and Year, e.g., 02/2017, Feb 2017, etc.) of employment and duties performed.
2. Other supporting documents: DNG 51R, OF 306 and other supporting documentation
If you are relying on your education to meet qualification requirements:
Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education in order for it to be credited towards qualifications. Therefore, provide only the attendance and/or degrees from schools accredited by accrediting institutions recognized by the U.S. Department of Education
Failure to provide all of the required information as stated in this vacancy announcement may result in an ineligible rating or may affect the overall rating.
A career with the U.S. Government provides employees with a comprehensive benefits package. As a federal employee, you and your family will have access to a range of benefits that are designed to make your federal career very rewarding. Learn more about federal benefits
Review our benefits
Eligibility for benefits depends on the type of position you hold and whether your position is full-time, part-time, or intermittent. Contact the hiring agency for more information on the specific benefits offered.
How to Apply
How to Apply
To apply for this position, you must complete the online application/Occupational Questionnaire and submit the documentation specified in the Required Documents section below. To view the Occupational Questionnaire, click the following link: https://apply.usastaffing.gov/ViewQuestionnaire/10135579
A complete application package must be submitted by 11:59 PM (EST) on the closing date of the announcement to receive consideration.
To begin, click Apply to access the online application. You will need to be logged into your USAJOBS account to apply. If you do not have a USAJOBS account, you will need to create one before beginning the application.
Follow the prompts to select your resume and/or other supporting documents to be included with your application package. You will have the opportunity to upload additional documents to include in your application before it is submitted. Your uploaded documents may take several hours to clear the virus scan process.
After acknowledging you have reviewed your application package, complete the Include Personal Information section as you deem appropriate and click to continue with the application process.
You will be taken to the online application which you must complete in order to apply for the position. Complete the online application, verify the required documentation is included with your application package, and submit the application.
To verify the status of your application, log into your USAJOBS account ( https://my.usajobs.gov/Account/Login
), all of your applications will appear on the Welcome screen. The Application Status will appear along with the date your application was last updated. For information on what each Application Status means, visit: https://www.usajobs.gov/Help/how-to/application/status/
Agency contact information
DE 166 Maintenance Group
2602 Spruance Drive
New Castle, DE
Learn more about this agency
Once your online application is submitted you will receive a confirmation notification by email. Your application will be evaluated by the Human Resources Office to determine your eligibility for the position. After the evaluation is complete, you will receive another notification regarding the status of your application.
Fair & Transparent
Fair & Transparent
The Federal hiring process is setup to be fair and transparent. Please read the following guidance.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
The United States Government does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) for federal employees & job applicants
Reasonable Accommodation Policy
Federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities where appropriate. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process should contact the hiring agency directly. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis.
A reasonable accommodation is any change to a job, the work environment, or the way things are usually done that enables an individual with a disability to apply for a job, perform job duties or receive equal access to job benefits.
Under the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodations when: An applicant with a disability needs an accommodation to have an equal opportunity to apply for a job.
An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to perform the essential job duties or to gain access to the workplace.
An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to receive equal access to benefits, such as details, training, and office-sponsored events.
You can request a reasonable accommodation at any time during the application or hiring process or while on the job. Requests are considered on a case-by-case basis.
Learn more about disability employment and reasonable accommodations
or how to contact an agency.
Legal and regulatory guidance
Social security number request
Signature and false statements
New employee probationary period
Note: We cannot accept applications on behalf of Federal Agencies. Application instructions are listed within the Job Description.
Oregon Air National Guard
Website : http://www.orport.ang.af.mil/