Army National Guard
$37,223.00 to $48,385.00
Open & closing dates
$37,223 to $48,385 per year
Pay scale & grade
Permanent - FILL NON-MERIT
1 vacancy in the following location:
Fort Mc Clellan, AL
Relocation expenses reimbursed
This job is open to
U.S. citizens, nationals or those who owe allegiance to the U.S., and excepted service employees.
This National Guard position is for a SITE SUPPORT TECHNICIAN, Position Description Number D0510and is part of the AL ARNG TRAINING SITE, National Guard.
The National Guard is the oldest component of the Armed Forces of the United States. Since the earliest American colonial days, citizens have joined together for collective defense. We have a proud tradition of coming to the aid of our friends and neighbors in times of serious emergencies. Join our National Guard team and serve your nation, your states and your community!
ALABAMA ARMY NATIONAL GUARD MEMBERSHIP IS REQUIRED: This is an excepted service position that requires membership in a compatible military assignment in the Alabama Army National Guard. Selectee will be required to wear the military uniform. Acceptance of an excepted service position constitutes concurrence with these requirements as a condition of employment. Applicants who are not currently a member of the Alabama Army National Guard must be eligible for immediate membership and employment in the Alabama Army National Guard in the military grade listed in this announcement.
The purpose of this position is to serve as primary Administrative Technician at a Selected State Operated Training Site. Duties include, but are not limited to such functions as personnel administration, time and attendance reporting, records maintenance and financial administration. Serves as Administrative Specialist of a Training Site operating on a year-round basis. Coordinates day-to-day administrative activities within the command.
EXCEPTED POSITION: Alabama Army National Guard membership required.
POSITION STATUS: NON-MERIT
LOCATION: FT. MCCLELLAN, AL
SELECTING OFFICIAL: TIMOTHY J. LANE
Learn more about this agency
AREA OF CONSIDERATION FOR ALABAMA ARMY NATIONAL GUARD POSITION:
AREA 1: All permanent Alabama Army National Guard civilian excepted technicians currently employed.
AREA 2: All drill status/M-day personnel in the Alabama Army National Guard.
AREA 3: All U.S. citizens or individuals eligible for membership in the Alabama Army National Guard.
As a SITE SUPPORT TECHNICIAN, GS-0303-6, you will perform the following duties:
1. Formulates administrative policies, develops plans and procedures and implements such policies, plans, and procedures developed. Analyzes site programs and activities through review of correspondence and reports initiated by site staff sections, reports of inspections by higher headquarters, after action reports, personal visits and observations, attendance at meetings, etc. Keeps abreast of new or revised policy statements, regulations, directives, etc., published by higher headquarters. Evaluates recommendations submitted by site staff sections and subordinate headquarters for revisions to current policies and procedures. Analyzes administrative accomplishments against programmed objectives.
Develops new policies, plans, procedures etc., to improve efficiency of administrative operations; achieve maximum utilization of funds, manpower, and material; conform to new directives issued by higher headquarters; and generally achieve objective of maintaining an operationally ready site capable of fulfilling all assigned missions. Develops detailed instructions to ensure implementation by administrative staff section. Areas involved include administration, public relations, recruiting, inspections and investigations, morale and discipline, recreation services activities, liaison with active Army, etc. Coordinates actions with site staff sections, organization headquarters, support installations, etc., as pertinent.
2. As administrative representative of the Site Commander, conducts continuing review of administrative activities to ensure effectively and efficiently coordinate site operations. Ensures administrative and personnel functions are being conducted in accordance with current policies and directives. Through the media of meetings, inspections, classes, and
written directives, improves the effectiveness of support rendered to the units using the training site. Ensures, through inspection, that records, publications and administrative procedures are drafted and are efficiently maintained and utilized.
3. Participates with supervisor in special studies and projects pertaining to reorganization, activation, redesignation, discontinuance of units, and problems related to funds and personnel, pertinent to site operations. Initiates, contracts and maintain liaison with public officials and civic groups, other reserve activities, unit advisors, representatives of the State Adjutant General in fields of finance and technician personnel administration. Attends public functions to create local interest in the Training Site.
4. Responsible for publication, collation and distribution of SOPs, regulations, memoranda and bulletins promulgated by staff sections.
5. Analyzes jobs to delineate position responsibilities for use in wage and salary adjustments, promotions, and evaluation of work flow. Interviews prospective employees, refers to division or branch supervisors for interview and recommendations. Assists and advises on employment benefits, obligations, and changes in employment procedures. Communicates with insurance companies, State and Federal agencies and individuals concerning employee problems.
6. Advises and recommends policies and procedures to be incorporated into contracts and guidance involving the Training Site. Communicates with military and civilian agencies to obtain clarification regarding p articular operations. Prepares requests to higher headquarters for deviation from existing directives, approval of new plans and procedures, additional funds, and contingencies.
7. Performs other duties as assigned.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…
United States Citizens
Questions? This job is open to 1 group.
Job family (Series)
0303 Miscellaneous Clerk And Assistant
Conditions of Employment
National Guard Membership is required.
Males born after 31 December 1959 must be registered for Selective Service.
Federal employment suitability as determined by a background investigation.
May be required to successfully complete a probationary period.
Participation in direct deposit is mandatory.
Compatible military grade and assignment required prior to the effective date of placement. This is an excepted service position that requires membership in a compatible military assignment in the Alabama Army National Guard. Applicants who are not currently a member of the Alabama Army National Guard must be eligible for immediate membership. If you are not sure you are eligible for military membership, please contact an Alabama Army National Guard recruiter at 800-464-8273 prior to applying for this position.
Military Requirements: Military skill set is determined by MOS requirements. Upon selection, individuals must be assigned to a compatible military MOS in accordance with statutes and National Guard Bureau regulations and must obtain/maintain all requirements of the MOS. Specific requirements are found in: references listed below, NGB Compatibility tables and your local Personnel section.
Military Grade: Only applicants within the military grade listed below will be considered.
Minimum Military Rank: PV1
Maximum Military Rank: SSG
Individuals exceeding the maximum military grade are required to submit a letter along with resume agreeing to a military demotion if selected. This Statement of Understanding is required for basic qualification.
Compatible Military Assignments: ECMF: 42, 25
*Other Requirements: For positions requiring the operation of motor vehicles, candidates must have a valid state driver's license.
EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS: Each applicant must fully substantiate (in his/her own words) that he/she meets the requirements of the Specialized Experience listed below: Otherwise, the applicant will be considered unqualified for this position. DO NOT COPY THE VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT OR THE POSITION DESCRIPTION.
GENERAL EXPERIENCE: Administrative or clerical experience, education, or training which demonstrates the candidate's ability to perform the duties of the position. Experience using computer and automation systems.
SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE: Must have at least 9 months experience performing administrative work, gathering information, compiling data and preparing reports. Experience in the interpretation and application of regulations, procedures or law. Experience using oral and written communication.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
1. Must be able to obtain and maintain the appropriate security clearance of the position.
2. This position is covered by the Domestic Violence Misdemeanor Amendment (30 Sep 96) of the Gun Control Act (Lautenberg Amendment) of 1968. An individual convicted of a qualifying crime of domestic violence may not perform the duties of this position.
3. Ability to establish effective professional working relationships with coworkers and customers, contributing to a cooperative working environment and successful accomplishment of the mission.
4. May occasionally be required to work other than normal duty hours; overtime may be required.
5. The duties and responsibilities of your job may significantly impact the environment. You are responsible to maintain awareness of your environmental responsibilities as dictated by legal and regulatory requirements, your organization, and its changing mission.
Completion of 2 academic years of education in an accredited college or university will satisfy the requirements for GS-4 positions. Only education in excess of the first 60 semester hours (i.e., beyond the second year) is creditable toward meeting the specialized experience requirement. One full academic year of study (30 semester hours) beyond the second year is equivalent to 6 months of specialized experience for GS-5 positions.
You must provide transcripts or other documentation to support your Educational claims. To receive credit for Education, you must provide documentation of proof that you meet the Education requirements for this position.
If you are a male applicant who was born after 12/31/1959 and are required to register under the Military Selective Service Act, the Defense Authorization Act of 1986 requires that you be registered or you are not eligible for appointment in this agency ( https://www.sss.gov/RegVer/wfRegistration.aspx
If you are unable to apply online or need to fax a document you do not have in electronic form, view the following link for information regarding an Alternate Application
How You Will Be Evaluated
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
PLEASE DO NOT SEND/FAX/COURIER/EMAIL ANY APPLICATIONS OR RESUMES TO THE ALABAMA NATIONAL GUARD HUMAN RESOURCES OFFICE. The Human Resources Office can only process materials received through USA Jobs. Once the announcement has closed, your resume and supporting documentation will be used to determine if you meet the qualifications listed on this announcement. If you are minimally qualified, your resume and supporting documentation will be compared to your responses on the assessment questionnaire to determine your level of experience. If you rate yourself higher than is supported by your application package, your responses may be adjusted and/or you may be excluded from consideration for this position. If you are found to be among the top qualified candidates, you will be referred to the selecting official for employment consideration.
Your qualifications will be evaluated on the following competencies (knowledge, skills, abilities and other characteristics):
Background checks and security clearance
To apply for this position, you must submit a complete Application Package which includes:
1. Your resume showing work schedule, hours worked per week, dates (format should include Month and Year) of employment and duties performed.
2. Other supporting documents: SF-50 and DD214s are recommended, but not required.
If you are relying on your education to meet qualification requirements:
Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education in order for it to be credited towards qualifications. Therefore, provide only the attendance and/or degrees from schools accredited by accrediting institutions recognized by the U.S. Department of Education
Failure to provide all of the required information as stated in this vacancy announcement may result in an ineligible rating or may affect the overall rating.
A career with the U.S. Government provides employees with a comprehensive benefits package. As a federal employee, you and your family will have access to a range of benefits that are designed to make your federal career very rewarding.
Benefits for federal employees
Pay and leave
Review our benefits
Eligibility for benefits depends on the type of position you hold and whether your position is full-time, part-time, or intermittent. Contact the hiring agency for more information on the specific benefits offered.
How to Apply
How to Apply
Your resume must have complete information: Please ensure your resume accurately reflects the duties and responsibilities under each position you have held with each employer. In describing your experience, please be clear and specific. It is your responsibility to make sure your resume states complete information for each job entry (beginning and ending dates of employment stated as MM/YY). If your resume does not provide enough information regarding your work history for us to make a creditable qualification determination, your application package may be rendered disqualified and you will not be considered for this position.
To apply for this position, you must complete the online application and submit the documentation specified in the Required Documents section below.
A complete application package must be submitted by 11:59 PM (EST) on the closing date of the announcement to receive consideration.
To begin, click Apply to access the online application. You will need to be logged into your USAJOBS account to apply. If you do not have a USAJOBS account, you will need to create one before beginning the application.
Follow the prompts to select your resume and/or other supporting documents to be included with your application package. You will have the opportunity to upload additional documents to include in your application before it is submitted. Your uploaded documents may take several hours to clear the virus scan process.
After acknowledging you have reviewed your application package, complete the Include Personal Information section as you deem appropriate and click to continue with the application process.
You will be taken to the online application which you must complete in order to apply for the position. Complete the online application, verify the required documentation is included with your application package, and submit the application.
To verify the status of your application, log into your USAJOBS account ( https://my.usajobs.gov/Account/Login
), all of your applications will appear on the Welcome screen. The Application Status will appear along with the date your application was last updated. For information on what each Application Status means, visit: https://www.usajobs.gov/Help/how-to/application/status/
Agency contact information
AL ARNG TRAINING SITE
PO BOX 5280
FORT McCLELLAN, AL
Learn more about this agency
Once your online application is submitted you will receive a confirmation notification by email. Your application will be evaluated by the Human Resources Office to determine your eligibility for the position. After the evaluation is complete, you will receive another notification regarding the status of your application.
Fair & Transparent
Fair & Transparent
The Federal hiring process is setup to be fair and transparent. Please read the following guidance.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
The United States Government does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) for federal employees & job applicants
Reasonable Accommodation Policy
Federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities where appropriate. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process should contact the hiring agency directly. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis.
A reasonable accommodation is any change to a job, the work environment, or the way things are usually done that enables an individual with a disability to apply for a job, perform job duties or receive equal access to job benefits.
Under the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodations when: An applicant with a disability needs an accommodation to have an equal opportunity to apply for a job.
An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to perform the essential job duties or to gain access to the workplace.
An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to receive equal access to benefits, such as details, training, and office-sponsored events.
You can request a reasonable accommodation at any time during the application or hiring process or while on the job. Requests are considered on a case-by-case basis.
Learn more about disability employment and reasonable accommodations
or how to contact an agency.
Legal and regulatory guidance
Social security number request
Signature and false statements
New employee probationary period
Note: We cannot accept applications on behalf of Federal Agencies. Application instructions are listed within the Job Description.
Army National Guard
Website : http://www.arng.army.mil/