Army National Guard
$53,692.00 to $69,803.00
Open & closing dates
$53,692 to $69,803 per year
Pay scale & grade
Temporary - Indefintite
1 vacancy in the following location:
Carson City, NV
Relocation expenses reimbursed
This job is open to
National Guard & Reserves
Current members, those who want to join, or transitioning military members.
AREA OF CONSIDERATION: THIS POSITION IS OPEN TO CURRENT NEVADA ARMY NATIONAL GUARD MEMBERS ONLY
This National Guard position is for a Superviory Supply Systems Analyst, Position Description Number D0897000, and is part of the Nevada Army National Guard. This position is located in the Nevada Army National Guard, USPFO. The primary purpose of the position is supervision of subordinates and analysis of supply management procedures, services, and directives.
The National Guard is the oldest component of the Armed Forces of the United States. Since the earliest American colonial days, citizens have joined together for collective defense. We have a proud tradition of coming to the aid of our friends and neighbors in times of serious emergencies. Join our National Guard team and serve your nation, your states and your community!
NATIONAL GUARD MEMBERSHIP IS REQUIRED: This is an excepted service position that requires membership in a compatible military assignment in the National Guard. Selectee will be required to wear the military uniform. Acceptance of an excepted service position constitutes concurrence with these requirements as a condition of employment. Applicants who are not currently a member of the National Guard must be eligible for immediate membership and employment in the National Guard in the military grade listed in this announcement.
Learn more about this agency
--Manages the Retail Supply Standard Army Management Information System (STAMIS) in the Material Management Branch. Reviews, analyzes, and interprets supply directives and guidelines to formulate and implement effective operating procedures to achieve optimum logistical support. Develops criteria and administers procedures to affect and ensure the validity of the quality assurance programs within the branch. Performs analysis and assessment of logistical program requirements to eliminate problems and deficiencies.
--Develops and establishes controls to ensure that results of workload requirements identify systemic problems and enhance mission accomplishment. Performs surveys and studies of branch supply operations to determine proper application of improved supply methods. Analyzes data input and statistics extracted from data processing systems to assure adequacy and accuracy of products and functions. Determines and analyzes trends in effectiveness and efficiency to be used for improving undesirable conditions, accountability of items, expenditure of funds, and management of resources within the branch. Oversees the preparation of budget estimates and maintenance of funds accounts for the branch.
--Performs a full range of supervisory personnel functions. Implements accepted provisions of personnel management such as equal employment, merit promotion, career development, performance appraisals, employee counseling, incentive awards and position management. May select or contribute to the selection of subordinates. Listens to employee grievances and deals with union representatives as required. Establishes performance standards, authorizes leave and is responsible for time and attendance. Ensures adequate training is available for employees within the branch. Initiates formal requests for personnel actions. Ensures accuracy of position descriptions. Ensures a safe working environment for all employees in accordance with current safety and OSHA requirements/directives.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…
Current Members of the Nevada Army National Guard
Questions? This job is open to 1 group.
Job family (Series)
2003 Supply Program Management
Conditions of Employment
National Guard Membership is required.
Males born after 31 December 1959 must be registered for Selective Service.
Federal employment suitability as determined by a background investigation.
May be required to successfully complete a probationary period.
Compatible military grade and assignment required prior to the effective date of placement. In compliance with Title 32 United States Code, the compatible military skill set is determined by the applicable service manpower requirements. Upon selection, individuals are assigned to the authorized position and its compatible military skill in accordance with Air force skill classification directives, statutes, and National Guard Bureau regulations. The Dual Status technician must obtain and maintain all military skill requirements in regard to training, education, certifications, and experience. If you are not sure you are eligible for military membership, please contact a National Guard recruiter prior to applying for this position.
Compatible Military Assignment:
Enlisted: E5 - E7 Warrant Officer: WO1 - CW2 ECMF: 88N,89A,89B,92A,92Y WOBR: 011A
*Other Requirements & Conditions of Employment:
- Must Currently hold one of the military grades and MOS' listed above.
- Must be able to obtain a Secret Security Clearance within 12 months of appointment.
- Must maintain local network access IAW AR 25-2.
- Wear the uniform appropriate for the members' grade and component of the armed forces, maintaining standards of conduct and appearance.
In order to qualify for this position, your resume must provide sufficient experience and/or education, knowledge, skills, and abilities, to perform the duties of the specific position for which you are being considered. Your resume is the key means we have for evaluating your skills, knowledge, and abilities, as they relate to this position. Therefore, we encourage you to be clear and specific in describing your experience. EACH APPLICANT MUST FULLY SUBSTANTIATE -IN THEIR OWN WORDS- THAT THEY MEET THE REQUIREMENTS OF THE SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE LISTED BELOW; OTHERWISE, THE APPLICANT WILL BE CONSIDERED UNQUALIFIED FOR THIS POSITION. DO NOT COPY FROM THE VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT OR THE POSITION DESCRIPTION.
GENERAL EXPERIENCE: Experience, education, or training which has provided the applicant with a general knowledge of one or more aspects of the supply field. Experience using computer and automation systems.
SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE: Must have at least 24 months experience, education, or training dealing with cost estimates, budgets or funding management. Experience conducting extensive searches for required information; reconstruct records for complex supply transactions; and/or provide supply operations support.
There are no Educational Requirements for this position.
You must provide transcripts or other documentation to support your Educational claims. To receive credit for Education, you must provide documentation of proof that you meet the Education requirements for this position.
- If you are a male applicant who was born after 12/31/1959 and are required to register under the Military Selective Service Act, the Defense Authorization Act of 1986 requires that you be registered or you are not eligible for appointment in this agency (https://www.sss.gov/RegVer/wfRegistration.aspx).
- No PCS funds are available.
- This is a Non-Bargaining Unit position.
- Applicants who feel they have restoration rights to this position should contact the HRO.
- Military Incentives - Bonuses and Student Loan Repayment Program: If you are selected for this position, you may lose your eligibility for your National Guard Enlistment/Reenlistment Bonus and/or Student Loan Repayment Program incentives. In order to avoid losing your incentive eligibility, you should check with your incentives manager prior to accepting an offer for the position.
- Participation in Direct Deposit is mandatory.
If you are unable to apply online or need to fax a document you do not have in electronic form, view the following link for information regarding an Alternate Application
How You Will Be Evaluated
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Once the application process is complete, we will review your resume to ensure you meet the hiring eligibility and qualification requirements listed in this announcement. You will be rated based on the information provided in your resume and responses to the Occupational Questionnaire, along with your supporting documentation to determine your ability to demonstrate the following knowledge, skills and abilities/competencies related to the job requirements:
1. Comprehensive knowledge and skill in applying statistical analysis and evaluative techniques to the identification, consideration, and resolution of issues or problems of a procedural or factual nature. Using statistical trend analysis and evaluative methods and techniques ensuring that all supply ordering procedures are effective and efficient.
2. Utilizes comprehensive knowledge of implemented logistics programs and their interrelationships. Develops criteria and administers procedures to affect and ensure the validity of the quality assurance programs within the branch.
3. Specialized knowledge of logistics and supply operations in order to validate logistics systems of record. A comprehensive knowledge of accepted methods, techniques, and standardized automated databases to search for and analyze information, resolve questions, prepare entries to supply record systems, and provide supply information, reports, and services.
4. Knowledge to perform analytical assignments involving a specific issue associated with supply management or operations.
5. Ability to perform a full range of supervisory personnel functions, including accepted provisions of personnel management such as equal employment, merit promotion, career development, performance appraisals, employee counseling, incentive awards, and position management. Establishes performance standards for employees.
6. Knowledge of regulations and policies. Ability to use judgment in interpreting, adapting, and applying a number of subject-matter policies, regulations and guidelines where there is some overlap or conflict in the levels of support required. The incumbent uses analytical abilities and judgment to propose improvements to effectiveness and/or efficiency of the supply controls.
If, after reviewing your resume and/or supporting documentation, a determination is made that you have inflated your qualifications and/or experience, your score may be adjusted to more accurately reflect your abilities or you may be found ineligible/not qualified. Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your rating or consideration for employment.
Background checks and security clearance
The following documents are required and must be received by the closing date of this announcement:
1. Your Resume - Your resume must show relevant educational and work experience fully supporting the required specialized experience including the dates (including Month and Year, e.g., 02/2017, Feb 2017, etc.) of each employment.
2. Completed Assessment Questionnaire.
3. A current PQR (Personnel Qualification Record) uploaded to the required OTHER area of the online application manager. PQR must be no more than 90 days old at the time of application. An ORB/ERB is acceptable in the absence of a PQR.
4. Any supporting documentation (i.e. certificates, licenses, transcripts, etc.) used to support qualifications demonstrated in resume and/or required by Qualifications Required section.
Failure to submit any of the required documents by the closing date of the vacancy will result in your removal from consideration for this position.
Applicants CANNOT be contacted for any required documents listed above. Applicants who submit INCOMPLETE APPLICATIONS will receive a rating of INELIGIBLE. Requests for reconsideration will not be considered for applicants who fail to submit a complete application package. We cannot be held responsible for incompatible software, erroneous fax transmissions, etc.
If you are relying on your education to meet qualification requirements:
Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education in order for it to be credited towards qualifications. Therefore, provide only the attendance and/or degrees from schools accredited by accrediting institutions recognized by the U.S. Department of Education
Failure to provide all of the required information as stated in this vacancy announcement may result in an ineligible rating or may affect the overall rating.
A career with the U.S. Government provides employees with a comprehensive benefits package. As a federal employee, you and your family will have access to a range of benefits that are designed to make your federal career very rewarding.
Benefits for federal employees
Pay and leave
Review our benefits
Eligibility for benefits depends on the type of position you hold and whether your position is full-time, part-time, or intermittent. Contact the hiring agency for more information on the specific benefits offered.
How to Apply
How to Apply
To apply for this position, you must complete the online application/Occupational Questionnaire and submit the documentation specified in the Required Documents section below. To view the Occupational Questionnaire, click the following link: https://apply.usastaffing.gov/ViewQuestionnaire/10105268
A complete application package must be submitted by 11:59 PM (EST) on the closing date of the announcement to receive consideration.
To begin, click Apply to access the online application. You will need to be logged into your USAJOBS account to apply. If you do not have a USAJOBS account, you will need to create one before beginning the application.
Follow the prompts to select your resume and/or other supporting documents to be included with your application package. You will have the opportunity to upload additional documents to include in your application before it is submitted. Your uploaded documents may take several hours to clear the virus scan process.
After acknowledging you have reviewed your application package, complete the Include Personal Information section as you deem appropriate and click to continue with the application process.
You will be taken to the online application which you must complete in order to apply for the position. Complete the online application, verify the required documentation is included with your application package, and submit the application.
To verify the status of your application, log into your USAJOBS account ( https://my.usajobs.gov/Account/Login
), all of your applications will appear on the Welcome screen. The Application Status will appear along with the date your application was last updated. For information on what each Application Status means, visit: https://www.usajobs.gov/Help/how-to/application/status/.
Agency contact information
NV USPFO SUPPLY AND SERVICES
2452 Fairview Drive
Carson City, NV
Learn more about this agency
Once your online application is submitted you will receive a confirmation notification by email. Your application will be evaluated by the Human Resources Office to determine your eligibility for the position. After the evaluation is complete, you will receive another notification regarding the status of your application.
Fair & Transparent
Fair & Transparent
The Federal hiring process is setup to be fair and transparent. Please read the following guidance.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
The United States Government does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) for federal employees & job applicants
Reasonable Accommodation Policy
Federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities where appropriate. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process should contact the hiring agency directly. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis.
A reasonable accommodation is any change to a job, the work environment, or the way things are usually done that enables an individual with a disability to apply for a job, perform job duties or receive equal access to job benefits.
Under the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodations when: An applicant with a disability needs an accommodation to have an equal opportunity to apply for a job.
An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to perform the essential job duties or to gain access to the workplace.
An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to receive equal access to benefits, such as details, training, and office-sponsored events.
You can request a reasonable accommodation at any time during the application or hiring process or while on the job. Requests are considered on a case-by-case basis.
Learn more about disability employment and reasonable accommodations
or how to contact an agency.
Legal and regulatory guidance
Social security number request
Signature and false statements
New employee probationary period
Note: We cannot accept applications on behalf of Federal Agencies. Application instructions are listed within the Job Description.
Army National Guard
Website : http://www.arng.army.mil/