$0.00 to $0.00
Open & closing dates
Opening and closing dates
$0 to $0 per year
Pay scale & grade
Full-Time - Full Time
1 vacancy in the following location:
San Francisco, CA
San Francisco, CA
Relocation expenses reimbursed
This job is open to
U.S. citizens, nationals or those who owe allegiance to the U.S.
2018-03-12 TSM amc
ABOUT THE PRESIDIO TRUST INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY
Our Information Technology (IT) team has established a strong foundation of technology and operational excellence; utilizing technology efficiently, effectively and strategically to achieve the Presidio Trusts vision and meet the needs of Trust employees, partners and the people they serve. The IT organization is responsible for supporting and maintaining the necessary infrastructure to sustain the equivalent of a small city, and provides Trust-wide infrastructure services including systems and operations, networking, telecommunications, and application development and support. We strive to continually perfect our operations, streamline processes, expand access to services, and improve consistency and performance across the organization.
Learn more about this agency
The Presidio is a unique national park located in San Francisco at the Golden Gate. On any given day at the Presidio, organizations are pursuing new ideas, scientists are conducting research, and people of all ages are volunteering, learning, playing and exploring. Hundreds of former military buildings are animated by more than 3,000 residents and 200 companies, including high tech start-ups, innovative non-profits and others that offer a welcoming mix of visitor experiences. The park has a mosaic of cultural and natural plant communities, including historic gardens and forests and restored and remnant wetlands, sand dunes, grasslands and salt marsh. Almost 400 native plant species grow here, several of which are endangered and grow nowhere else in the world.
Our ideal candidate will be a key contributor to the design, implementation, administration, maintenance, and monitoring of the IT security program. You have significant experience in identifying, investigating, and resolving security incidents; and a high level of technical expertise in operational, physical/facility, network, server, and workstation security. You are extremely capable of assessing risks, designing mitigating security and control practices, influencing the culture of an organization through training and education, and coordinating with information and business owners on security issues and practices.
- Establish policies and standards for ensuring security and compliance for the Presidio Trust network and environment.
- Review information systems for compliance with regulatory and compliance mandates and specify any required changes.
- Coordinate the delivery of an IT security awareness-training program for end users within all levels of the organization.
- Establish mechanisms to promote awareness and adoption of security best practices.
- Conduct system security evaluations, audits, and reviews and develop systems security contingency plans and disaster recovery procedures.
- Ensure that information ownership responsibilities are established for each information system to include accountability, access approvals, and special handling requirements.
- Establish incident response policies and procedures.
- Investigate, troubleshoot, analyze and resolve problems related to the IT security infrastructure as well as application and system problems that have been escalated for senior level support.
- Formulate short and long-range plans, goals and agency policies and procedures for maintaining and improving information security and privacy programs.
- Monitor and audit security aspects of IT operations.
- Audit the Presidio Trust Active Directory (AD) structure to verify that only those rights and privileges necessary are properly assigned.
- Participate in solution design reviews for applications, servers and networking.
- Responsible for helping define standards for the security hardening of Presidio user systems.
- Proactively scan network to identify potential threats and vulnerabilities.
- Respond to security incidents and provide fault resolution and escalation.
- Conduct active penetration tests; discover vulnerabilities in information systems.
- Develop and maintain Presidio Trust cyber crisis management plans (Incident Response and BC/DR).
- Provide expertise and support on use of methods and tools for implementing or maintaining adequate security.
Occasional travel - Little to No Travel Required
Who May Apply
This job is open to…
All groups of qualified individuals
Questions? This job is open to 1 group.
Job family (Series)
2210 Information Technology Management
Conditions of Employment
You must be a U.S. citizen to qualify for this position.
BACKGROUND INVESTIGATION OR CLEARANCE
The Presidio Trust has identified this position as subject to a Presidio Trust Standard background investigation without a credit check, which shall consist of a review of applicable county, state and Federal criminal and civil records. An individuals granting of a background investigation and resulting report is voluntary. However, employment in this sensitive position is contingent upon the successful completion of an employment background investigation. The Presidio Trust may refuse to hire an individual, may rescind an offer of employment to an individual, or may review and terminate the employment of a current employee not successfully completing the background investigation.
See Technical Qualifications
- Bachelors degree in Information Technology or a related field from a four-year college or university; AND at least 6 years of specialized experience that includes: at least 5 years of project/program management experience, at least 5 years of Network server/Active Directory (AD) administration experience, and at least 3 years of network security scanning tools (Nessus, Qualys, etc) experience.
- Experience in developing organizational policies and supporting documentation, and with Security Incident and Event Management (SIEM) solutions.
- Excellent organization and communication skills, and the ability to convey security posture and potential issues to Presidio Trust management both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to organize, plan, prioritize and follow through on work; and to work in an environment where deadlines are essential.
- Ability to interact and communicate clearly with technical support staff and end-users.
- Passion for parks; strong desire to work for the Presidio.
- Networking with routers (preferably Cisco) and firewalls is strongly desired.
- Familiarity with Federal Information Management Act (FISMA) and the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) framework.
See Technical Qualifications
This job is being filled by an alternative hiring process and is not in the competitive civil service.
How You Will Be Evaluated
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
You will be evaluated based upon the question responses you provide during a structured interview. In responding to structured interview questions you should be sure to cite specific examples of experience, explain exactly what you did, and the outcome.
Background checks and security clearance
Q - Nonsensitive
Presidio Trust Employment Application (download from https://www.presidio.gov/presidio-trust/jobs-internal/Shared Documents/Employment Application.pdf).
If you are relying on your education to meet qualification requirements:
Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education in order for it to be credited towards qualifications. Therefore, provide only the attendance and/or degrees from schools accredited by accrediting institutions recognized by the U.S. Department of Education
Failure to provide all of the required information as stated in this vacancy announcement may result in an ineligible rating or may affect the overall rating.
A career with the U.S. Government provides employees with a comprehensive benefits package. As a federal employee, you and your family will have access to a range of benefits that are designed to make your federal career very rewarding. Learn more about federal benefits
The Trust provides the following benefits to eligible employees, and more:
Alternative Work Schedules
Federal Employees Retirement System
Flexible Spending Plan
Federal Employees Health Benefits Plan
Federal Thrift Savings Plan
Vacation (annual leave) Benefits
Vision Care Insurance
Review our benefits
Eligibility for benefits depends on the type of position you hold and whether your position is full-time, part-time, or intermittent. Contact the hiring agency for more information on the specific benefits offered.
How to Apply
How to Apply
The Presidio Trust is an equal opportunity employer, offering a competitive benefits package. To apply call (415) 561-5300 (Monday-Friday, 8 am 5 pm) to request an application package, OR download the application from our website, www.presidio.gov, and mail the application to Human Resources, Presidio Trust, P.O. Box 29052, San Francisco, CA 94129-0052.
Agency contact information
Presidio Trust Human Resources Presidio Trust Human Resources
103 Montgomery Street
San Francisco, California
Learn more about this agency
Applications received by April 2nd, 2018 will receive first consideration. We are planning to hold the first round of interviews beginning the week of April 9th, the second round of interviews beginning the week of April 16th, make a job offer in late-April, and set a work start date in May, 2018.
Fair & Transparent
Fair & Transparent
The Federal hiring process is setup to be fair and transparent. Please read the following guidance.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
The United States Government does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) for federal employees & job applicants
Reasonable Accommodation Policy
Federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities where appropriate. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process should contact the hiring agency directly. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis.
A reasonable accommodation is any change to a job, the work environment, or the way things are usually done that enables an individual with a disability to apply for a job, perform job duties or receive equal access to job benefits.
Under the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodations when: An applicant with a disability needs an accommodation to have an equal opportunity to apply for a job.
An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to perform the essential job duties or to gain access to the workplace.
An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to receive equal access to benefits, such as details, training, and office-sponsored events.
You can request a reasonable accommodation at any time during the application or hiring process or while on the job. Requests are considered on a case-by-case basis.
Learn more about disability employment and reasonable accommodations
or how to contact an agency.
Legal and regulatory guidance
Social security number request
Signature and false statements
New employee probationary period
Note: We cannot accept applications on behalf of Federal Agencies. Application instructions are listed within the Job Description.
Website : http://www.presidio.gov
The Presidio Trust is a distinctive federal agency created to save an historic American place and transform it to fulfill a new national purpose. The Presidio’s transformation into a national park site is one of the most interesting and remarkable base realignments in the country – one that is bringing together funding and expertise from government, the private and non-profit sectors, and the philanthropic community.