Office of the Director of National Intelligence
Bethesda, MD, United States
Engineering, It, Government
*** OPEN UNTIL FILLED: This announcement will be open until the position is filled. Cut off points are scheduled in two-week increments. After each cut-off point, all compliant applications received during the previous two weeks will be reviewed for consideration.***
The Director of National Intelligence (DNI) serves as the head of the Intelligence Community (IC). The DNI also acts as the principal advisor to the President, the National Security Council, and the Homeland Security Council for Intelligence matters related to the national security; and oversees and directs the implementation of the National Intelligence Program. The DNI leads intelligence integration and forges an intelligence community that delivers the most insightful intelligence possible. The Intelligence Community (IC) Chief Information Office is responsible for advancing the Intelligence Community's mission by driving secure collaboration, integration, and information sharing; identifying and addressing information enterprise risks; and providing strategic leadership and oversight of the Intelligence Community's enterprise architecture and enterprise information technology.
Major Duties and Responsibilities (MDRs)
• Lead and manage complex computer engineering projects or programs that may have ill-defined requirements, ambiguity, parallel tasks, multiple dependencies, high risks, and multiple interfaces; manage the design, construction, testing, and implementation of technical and functional specifications; provide technical oversight and initiate, plan, implement, and coordinate activities throughout the life of the project.
• Design engineering solutions and alternative design options to meet customer requirements and provide guidance to junior engineers in the design and development of engineering solutions.
• Deconflict complex functional requirements into underlying technical requirements and recommend best fit allocation of those requirements. Lead the development of technical and systems requirements.
• Conduct technical research on such topics as operational guidelines, best practices, and international standards, and develop procedures for installation of hardware, software, or network components.
• Analyze, define, and document requirements for data, workflows, logical processes, hardware and operating system environments, network connectivity, systems interfaces, internal and external checks and controls, and outputs.
• Oversee the design, evaluation, selection, implementation, and support of development and production support tools and platforms.
• Oversee the effective integration and interoperability of disparate capabilities developed by separate service providers.
• Lead the development of interoperability test plans, building upon the component test plans developed by the service providers; coordinate the testing of new capabilities with other elements to ensure that all equities are covered in the test process; serve as the Independent Validation and Verification test director, conducting the technical functionality testing and coordinating the activities of other elements as they conduct the Analysis and Accreditation testing and the user functionality test.
Minimum Qualifications Required
Mandatory and Educational Requirements
• Expert experience in cross community complex programs and making expert recommendations to improve products and services; considerable ability to deal with service failures and prioritize customer needs.
• Superior ability to balance responsibilities among project activities; ability to manage transitions effectively from task to task, adapting to varying customer needs.
• Superior interpersonal, organizational, and problem-solving skills, including a demonstrated ability to work effectively both independently and in a team or collaborative environment and to lead and mentor junior colleagues.
• Expert ability to communicate, both verbally and in writing, complex information in a clear, concise manner that is targeted to and meets the needs of diverse audiences with different perspectives and objectives.
• Superior ability to listen to, clarify, and convey understanding of others' ideas, comments, and questions as well as to integrate and build upon diverse opinions in a manner that encourages the formation of integrated solutions and positions.
• Superior ability to develop or implement information systems security plans and procedures.
• Superior ability to perform thorough work and conscientious about attending to detail.
• Expert knowledge of one or more computer disciplines/specialties (hardware, software, networks); broad knowledge of other related disciplines.
• Expert knowledge of design, development, and interconnectivity in problem analysis, structured analysis and design, and or programming techniques.
• Expert ability to quickly identify and apply new technologies, methodologies, and technical languages.
• Expert ability to design and document system specifications and produce prototypes to demonstrate design.
• Expert ability to monitor trends in development, including the ability to assess the viability of competing technologies and recommend the adaption of emerging technologies.
Applicants from Federal Agencies outside the IC, please visit www.dni.gov and search the vacancy number for directions on how to apply to this vacancy.
What To Expect Next
Job Interview Travel: Candidates from outside the Washington, D.C., area may be selected for a telephone, teleconference, or in-person interview. If selected for an in-person interview, any travel or lodging will be at the applicant's personal expense.
The most highly qualified candidates will be referred to the hiring manager for further consideration and possible interview. We expect to make a selection within 30 days of the closing date of this announcement. Due to the large number of applications received, applicants will be contacted ONLY if they have been selected for an interview.
Agency Contact Information
ODNI Recruitment; Phone: 301-243-9040; Email: Recruitment_TeamB@dni.gov
The ODNI is an equal opportunity employer and abides by applicable employment laws and regulations.
REASONABLE ACCOMMODATIONS FOR PERSONS WITH DISABILITIES: The ODNI provides reasonable accommodations to otherwise qualified applicants with disabilities. IF YOU NEED A REASONABLE ACCOMMODATION for any part of the application and hiring process, please notify the Intelligence Community Equal Employment Opportunity and Diversity Office Representative by classified email at DNI_COO_TM_EEOD_RA_WMA@cia.ic.gov, by unclassified email at DNI-EEOD_WMA@cia.ic.gov, by telephone at 301-243-0704 or by FAX at 301-243-1200. Your request for reasonable accommodation will be addressed on a case-by-case basis. PLEASE DO NOT SUBMIT YOUR APPLICATION TO THE EEOD EMAIL ADDRESS. THIS EMAIL IS FOR REASONABLE ACCOMMODATION REQUESTS ONLY. PLEASE SUBMIT YOUR APPLICATION VIA THE EMAIL ADDRESS PROVIDED IN THE 'HOW TO APPLY' SECTION ABOVE.
How to Apply
1. IC employees must apply by the vacancy close date. The IC employee application should include the following...
a. A brief (two-page limit) candidate resume or biographical summary.
b. A short narrative describing the applicant's qualifications (general and specific) for the joint duty rotational assignment.
2. Consistent with IC Standard 601-1, IC employees must be nominated by their employing (home) element within 10 days of the vacancy close date in order to be considered by the gaining element. Please contact your employing element's Joint Duty Program Office for nomination procedures as some agencies may require written supervisory endorsement at the time of application. IC Element Joint Duty Program Office contact info can be found at: https://ichas.dni.ic.gov/JDAT/Contacts.aspx. Any application sent directly by an IC employee to the gaining element will not be considered.
Vacancy Open Date
Vacancy Close Date
ODNI Recruitment Team B
Additional Grades Considered
Tour Length (months)
Security Clearance Required
Polygraph Level Required
Office of the Director of National Intelligence
Website : http://www.dni.gov