FINANCIAL RETAIL SPECIALIST
Defense Logistics Agency
See below for important information regarding this job.
Learn more about this agency
* Assists in developing and coordinating procedures to ensure timely reimbursement to the Defense Working Capital Fund (DWCF).
* Works with Defense Finance and Accounting Service (DFAS) to ensure activities such as generating bills/ matching payment collections are performed in accordance with the appropriate financial regs for sales, accounts receivable and related issues.
* Conducts research, analysis, and assists in providing solutions to collection problems for non-interfund and Interfund issues.
* Coordinates with the Financial Services Analyst/Customer Account Specialist to resolve complex issues/problems related to accounts receivable that cannot otherwise be resolved between the employee, DFAS and the customer representative.
* Assists DFAS personnel by working with customers and the DLA Customer Relationship Manager Cell on issues related to overdue accounts receivable balances and determining appropriate follow-on actions
* Generates accounts receivable related reports and analyzes relevant accounting information.
### Travel Required
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
##### Supervisory status
##### Promotion Potential
* #### Job family (Series)
0501 Financial Administration And Program
#### Similar jobs
* Financial Specialists, All Other
* Specialists, Financial, All Other
### Conditions of Employment
* Must be a U.S. citizen
* Tour of Duty: Flexible
* Security Requirements: Non-Critical Sensitive
* Appointment is subject to the completion of a favorable suitability or fitness determination, where reciprocity cannot be applied; unfavorably adjudicated background checks will be grounds for removal.
* Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA): Non-Exempt
* Selective Service Requirement: Males born after 12-31-59 must be registered or exempt from Selective Service.
* Recruitment Incentives: Not Authorized
* This position requires DoD Financial Management Level 2 certification within 2 years in accordance with DoD Instruction 1300.26, DoD Directive 5118.03 and section 1599d of Title 10, USC. Once obtained, you must maintain and improve proficiency.
To qualify for a Financial Retail Specialist, with DLA Finance, your resume and supporting documentation must support:
A. Specialized Experience: One year of specialized experience that equipped you with the particular competencies to successfully perform the duties of the position, and is directly in or related to this position. To qualify at the GS-11 level, applicants must possess one year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-09 level or equivalent under other pay systems in the Federal service, military or private sector. Creditable specialized experience includes:
* Assisting with reviewing and analyzing the financial budgetary relationships between an organization's budget and the budget or financial programs of other agencies.
* Experience providing solutions to accounts receivable collection issues and maintaining credit records.
* Experience with accounts receivable research and analysis, especially aged accounts receivables).
* Skill with analytical techniques and methods used to explain, narrate, recommend and advise on retail operations specifically in accounting.
* Skill with writing narratives for monthly management reviews for accounts receivables.
* Knowledge including detailed knowledge of finance regulations and Financial Management guidelines for accounts receivables.
B. Education Substitution: Such education must demonstrate the knowledge, skills, and abilities necessary to do the work. Education must be from a college or university accredited by an organization approved by the U.S. Department of Education. See
****. If using education to meet basic qualifications, YOU MUST SUBMIT A TRANSCRIPT as supplemental documentation. To qualify based on education in lieu of specialized experience, you must possess three (3) years of progressively higher-level graduate education leading to a PhD or equivalent Doctorate degree.
C. Combination: Combinations of successfully completed post-high school education and experience may be used to meet total qualification requirements for grade level GS-11, and may be computed by first determining the applicant's total qualifying experience as a percentage of the experience required for the grade level; then determining the applicant's education as a percentage of the education required for the grade level; and then adding the two percentages. The total percentages must equal at least 100 percent to qualify an applicant for that grade level. Only graduate education in excess of the amount required for the next lower grade level may be used to qualify applicants for positions at grade GS-11.
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community, student, social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
Are you using your education to qualify? You MUST provide transcripts or other documentation to support your educational claims. Unless otherwise stated: Unofficial transcripts are acceptable at time of application.
GRADUATE EDUCATION: One academic year of graduate education is considered to be the number of credits hours that your graduate school has determined to represent one academic year of full-time study. Such study may have been performed on a full-time or part-time basis. If you cannot obtain your graduate school's definition of one year of graduate study, 18 semester hours (or 27 quarter hours) should be considered as satisfying the requirement for one year of full-time graduate study.
FOREIGN EDUCATION: If you are using education completed in foreign colleges or universities to meet the qualification requirements, you must show that the education credentials have been evaluated by a private organization that specializes in interpretation of foreign education programs and such education has been deemed equivalent to that gained in an accredited U.S. education program; or full credit has been given for the courses at a U.S. accredited college or university.
### Additional information
**For Important General Applicant Information and Definitions go
to:********Reemployed Annuitants:**This position does not meet criteria for appointment of Reemployed Annuitants. The DoD criteria for hiring Reemployed Annuitants can be found at:
If you are an eligible Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP) applicant you may apply for special selection over other candidates for this position. To be well-qualified and exercise selection priority for this vacancy, displaced Federal employees must be rated at a score of 85 or higher for this position. ICTAP eligibles must submit one of the following as proof of eligibility for the special selection priority: a separation notice; a Notice of Personnel Action (SF-50) documenting separation; an agency certification that you cannot be placed after injury compensation has been terminated; an OPM notification that your disability annuity has been terminated; OR a Military Department or National Guard Bureau notification that you are retired under 5 U.S.C. 8337(h) or 8456. Additional information may also be found at the General Information and Definitions link above.
**MILITARY SPOUSE PREFERENCE**: Information and required documentation for claiming Military Spouse Preference may be found at the General Information and Definitions link above.
**INFORMATION FOR VETERANS** is available at:
****As of 23 December 2016, Military retirees seeking to enter federal service in the Department of Defense now require a waiver if they would be appointed within 180 days following their official date of retirement.
**DRUG-FREE WORKPLACE:** The Defense Logistics Agency (DLA) has established a Drug-Free Federal Workplace Policy. All applicants tentatively selected for DLA employment in a testing designated position are subject to urinalysis to screen for illegal drug use prior to appointment. Applicants who refuse to be tested will be denied employment with DLA for a period of six months. This policy extends to random testing for the use of illegal drugs by employees who occupy testing designated positions defined as sensitive in Section 7(d) of Executive Order 12564. The Defense Logistics Agency's Drug Free Workplace Plan's drug testing panel includes testing for the following illegal substances: marijuana, cocaine, opiates
6-Acetylmorphine (heroin), phencyclidine, amphetamines
(MDA), oxycodone, oxymorphone, hydrocodone, and hydromorphone.
### How You Will Be Evaluated
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
The assessments for this job will measure the following Competencies:
* Attention to Detail
* Customer Service
* Decision Making
* Interpersonal Skills
* Mathematical Reasoning
* Stress Tolerance
***Direct Hire Evaluation:***Once the application process is complete, a review of your application will be made to ensure you meet the job requirements. This vacancy will be filled through OPM's Direct Hire Authority. All applicants who meet the basic qualification requirements will be forwarded to the Selecting Official for consideration. The rule of Three, Veteran's Preference and traditional rating and ranking of applicants do not apply to this vacancy. We will evaluate your application for basic eligibility and to determine if your experience meets the basic qualification requirements described in the announcement. All applicants who meet the qualifications and other basic requirement are eligible for referral and selection consideration. Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your rating.
### Background checks and security clearance
##### Security clearance
##### Drug test required
* Required Documents
## Required Documents
To apply for this position you must provide a complete Application Package. Each Application Package MUST include:
1. Your Resume listing work schedule, hours worked per week, dates of employment and duties performed. If multiple resumes are submitted by an applicant, only the last resume submitted will be reviewed for the qualifications and referred for selection consideration if eligible.
2. Applicable documents to support the eligibility(s) for which you are applying. Please review the following link for a listing of the additional documents you will need to provide: Supporting Documents.
3. If you are requesting a reasonable accommodation to the USA Hire Competency Based Assessments, submit documentation to support your request, including the Reasonable Accommodation Request Form found here.
#### If you are relying on your education to meet qualification requirements:
Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education in order for it to be credited towards qualifications. Therefore, provide only the attendance and/or degrees from schools accredited by accrediting institutions recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
Failure to provide all of the required information as stated in this vacancy announcement may result in an ineligible rating or may affect the overall rating.
A career with the U.S. Government provides employees with a comprehensive benefits package. As a federal employee, you and your family will have access to a range of benefits that are designed to make your federal career very rewarding. Learn more about federal benefits.
Review our benefits
Eligibility for benefits depends on the type of position you hold and whether your position is full-time, part-time, or intermittent. Contact the hiring agency for more information on the specific benefits offered.
* How to Apply
## How to Apply
Please read the entire announcement and all the instructions before you begin an application. To apply for this position, you must complete the initial online application, to include submission of the required documentation specified in the Required Documents section below. The complete application package must be submitted by 11:59 PM (ET) on the closing date of the announcement to receive consideration. The application process is as follows:
1. To begin the application process, click the **Apply Online**button.
2. Answer the questions presented in the application and attach all necessary supporting documentation.
3. Click the **Submit
prior to 11:59 PM (ET) on 08/10/2018.
4. After submitting your online application, you will be notified whether or not you are required to take any additional online assessments through the USA Hire Competency Based Assessment system. This message will be delivered to you both on screen and via email notification.
5. If you are asked to take the USA Hire Competency Based Assessments, you will be presented with a unique URL to access the USA Hire system. Access to USA Hire is granted through your USAJOBS login credentials. Be sure to review all instructions prior to beginning your USA Hire Assessments. Note, set aside at least 3 hours to take these assessments; however, most applicants complete the assessments in less time. If you need to stop the assessments and continue at a later time, you can re-use the URL sent to you via email and also found on the **Additional Application Information**page that can be located in the application record in your USAJOBS account.
To update your application, including supporting documentation, at any time during the announcement open period by returning to your USAJOBS account
(****There you will find a record of your application, the application status, and an option to **Update Application**. This option will no longer be available once the announcement has closed.
To verify the status of your application both during and after the announcement open period, log into your USAJOBS account:
****All of your applications will appear on the **Welcome** page. The application record in your USAJOBS account provides an **Additional Application Information**page that provides information regarding the documentation you submitted and any correspondence sent related to this application. The **Application Status**will appear along with the date your application was last updated. For information on what each Application Status means, visit:
**Notifications**: All notifications on application status will be sent to you via email and posted to your USAJOBS account.
**Reasonable Accommodation Requests**: If you believe you have a disability (i.e., physical or mental), covered by the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 as amended and Americans with Disabilities Act 1990 as amended, that would interfere with completing the USA Hire Competency Based Assessments, you will be granted the opportunity to request a reasonable accommodation in your online application. Requests for Reasonable Accommodations for the USA Hire Competency Based Assessments and appropriate supporting documentation for Reasonable Accommodation must be received prior to starting the USA Hire Competency Based Assessments. Decisions on requests for Reasonable Accommodations are made on a case-by-case basis. If you meet the minimum qualifications of the position, after notification of the adjudication of your request, you will receive an email invitation to complete the USA Hire Competency Based Assessments. You must complete all assessments within 48 hours of receiving the URL to access the USA Hire Competency Based Assessments. To determine if you need a Reasonable Accommodation, please review the Procedures for Requesting a Reasonable Accommodation for Online Assessments here:
To preview the questionnaire, please go to
### Agency ****
3990 E Broad Street
Columbus, OH 43213
Learn more about this agency
### Next steps
If you meet the minimum qualifications of this position, you may be presented with instructions on how to access the USA Hire Competency Based Assessments (CBA) system. These additional online assessments must be completed within 48 hours following the close of this announcement unless you have requested Reasonable Accommodation for the USA Hire CBA. Your results will be kept on record for one year when applying for future jobs that require the same USA Hire CBA. NOTE: If the USA Hire CBA is altered within a year of your last application, you will be required to take the new USA Hire CBA. If no additional online assessments are required you will receive an OPM notification stating It has been determined that you have completed all required online assessments and your application is complete. No further action is required.
Once you successfully complete the application process, you will receive a notification of receipt. Your application package will be reviewed to ensure you meet the basic eligibility and qualifications requirements, and you will receive a notification. A review may be completed of your online questionnaire and the documentation you submitted to support your responses. Applicants that are found among the most highly qualified may be referred to the hiring official for consideration, and you will receive a notification of referral. The selecting official may choose to conduct interviews, and as part of the selection process, applicants may be required to complete additional supplemental documents. Once the selection is made, you will receive a notification of the decision. If interviews are conducted, DLA uses a technique called Behavior Based Interviewing (BBI). Be sure to check your USA Jobs account for your notification updates.
* Fair & Transparent
## Fair & Transparent
The Federal hiring process is setup to be fair and transparent. Please read the following guidance.
### Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
The United States Government does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
* Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) for federal employees & job applicants
### Reasonable Accommodation Policy
Federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities where appropriate. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process should follow the instructions in the job opportunity announcement. For any part of the remaining hiring process, applicants should contact the hiring agency directly. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis.
A reasonable accommodation is any change to a job, the work environment, or the way things are usually done that enables an individual with a disability to apply for a job, perform job duties or receive equal access to job benefits.
Under the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodations when:
* An applicant with a disability needs an accommodation to have an equal opportunity to apply for a job.
* An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to perform the essential job duties or to gain access to the workplace.
* An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to receive equal access to benefits, such as details, training, and office-sponsored events.
You can request a reasonable accommodation at any time during the application or hiring process or while on the job. Requests are considered on a case-by-case basis.
Learn more about disability employment and reasonable accommodations or how to contact an agency.
#### Legal and regulatory guidance
* Financial suitability
* Social security number request
* Privacy Act
* Signature and false statements
* Selective Service
* New employee probationary period
This job originated on ****For the full announcement and to apply, visit
****Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at ****will be considered.
*Open & closing dates:* 08/02/2018 to 08/10/2018
*Pay scale & grade:* GS 11
*Salary:* $61,218 to $79,586 per year
*Appointment type:* Permanent
*Work schedule:* Full-Time