Duties & Responsibilities :
Under general supervision, provides social services to assist in rehabilitation of law offenders in custody or on probation. Makes recommendations for actions involving formulation of rehabilitation plan and treatement of offender; including conditional release and education and employment stipulations. Interview probationers and parolees regularly to evaluate their progres in accomplishing goals and maintaining the terms specified in their probation contracts and rehabilitation plans.. Discuss with offenders how such issues as drug and alcohol abuse and anger management problems might have played a role in their criminal behavior.. Investigate legal issues.. Supervise people on community-based sentences, such as electronically monitored home detention, and provide field supervision of probationers by conducting curfew checks or visites to home, work, or school.. Prepare and maintain case folder for each assigned inmate or offender.. Conduct pre-hearing and pre-screening investigations and testify in court regarding offenders` backgrounds and recommend sentences and sentencing conditions.. Inform offenders or inmates of requirements of conditional release, such as office visits, restitution payments, or educational and employment stipulations.. Recommend remedial action or initiate court action in response to non-compliance with terms of probation or parole.. Arrange for medical, mental health, or substance abuse treatment services according to individual needs or court orders.. Write reports or evaluations. Counsel clients or patients with substance abuse issues.. Write reports describing offenders` progress.. Administer drug and alcohol tests, including random drug screens of offenders, to verify compliance with substance abuse treatment programs.
1. This position is eligible for a Military Incentive. This incentive is for current/former service members who have served on active duty.
Minimum Qualifications :
Bachelor`s degree in a related field from an accredited college.
Two Years of experience at the lower level, Juvenile Probation/Parole Specialist 1 (SSP130) or position equivalent.
Preferred Qualifications :
Preference will be given to applicants who, in addition to meeting the minimum qualifications, possess two or more of the following:
1. Completion of an undergraduate degree with a major in one of the following areas: Psychology, Sociology, Criminal Justice, Social Work, Education or a directly related field.
2. Two or more years of direct case management experience working with offenders and families in human services delivery setting.
3. Three years or more of experience at the lower level equivalent.
1. This announcement may close prior to the closing date without further notice, once a satisfactory pool of applicants has been identified.
2. Due to high volume of applications, only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
3. Applicants selected for hire will be subject to fingerprinting, a criminal history and motor vehicle background check and, if applicable, must take and pass a pre-employment drug test.