U.S Department of the Air Force
Job Location: Pacific Air Forces, Elmendorf AFB, AK, 99506, USA
Networking and Premium Apply
Continue to Apply Online
Jobs In It Specialist Sysanalysis Inf...
| Jobs In It Specialist ...
| Jobs In It Specia...
* Duties Help ## Duties ### Summary The mission of the United States Air Force is to fly, fight and win...in air, space and cyberspace. To achieve that mission, the Air Force has a vision of Global Vigilance, Reach and Power. That vision orbits around three core competencies: Developing Airmen, Technology-to-Warfighting and Integrating Operations. Core competencies and distinctive capabilities are based on a shared commitment to three core values -- integrity first, service before self, and excellencein all we do. Click here to view the AF Civilian Employment Eligibility Guide: Internal Employees (Air Force Employee - Current Permanent Competitive Service Career/Career-Conditional Employee and Current Permanent AF DCIPS Employees with Reinstatement Rights to the Competitive Service)
DoD Transfer - Army, Navy, DFAS, etc. (Excluding Air Force)
Former Federal Employees (Reinstatement)
Military Spouses - Appointment of Certain Military Spouse (EO 13473)
Schedule A - Individual with Disabilities - click here for additional information
Former Overseas Employees (EO 12721)
ICTAP (Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program)
Non-DoD Transfer (OPM, VA, Dept of Labor, etc.)
Federal Employees with Other Appointment Eligibilities (TSA, FAA, Postal, etc.)
30% Disabled Veterans You MUST have one or more listed eligibilities to be considered. Eligibility claims must be supported with required documentation submitted with each application package to be considered. Transfer and Reinstatement eligibles must provide their most current SF-50 and the SF-50 reflecting the highest grade held if not reflected on most current/separation SF-50. *Air Force is not responsible for erroneous eligibilities you list or fail to list. Learn more about this agency ### Responsibilities The primary purpose of this position is: To serve as the Alaska NORAD Region (ANR) Information System Security Manager, cybersecurity, and cyber operations specialist. Executes responsibilities in multiple fields for planning, coordinating, and directing compliance management of Information Assurance Vulnerability Alerts (IAVAs), computer security (COMPUSEC), emissions security (EMSEC), and Security Awareness Training and Education (SATE) for the PACAF Regional Support Center (PRSC), Eleventh Air Force (11 AF), Joint Base Elmendorf-Richardson, Alaska. * Serves as a senior systems analyst in assessing IT requirements, Cyberspace Operations, and Policy Management. Conducts in-depth systems analyses of existing systems and systems components to determine comprehensive business requirements and opportunities for new and/or enhanced information technology. Implements defensive cyberspace operations measures and information collected from a variety of sources to identify, analyze, and report events that occur or might occur within the networks in order to protect information, Information System (IS), and networks from threats.
* Serves as the Alaska NORAD Region (ANR) Information System Security Manager. Applies Information Technology (IT) security principles, methods, and security products to protect and maintain the availability, integrity, confidentiality, and accountability of information system resources and information processed throughout the system's life cycle. Establishes and publishes ANR policy to manage the INFOSEC (also known as COMPUSEC) program and provides advice and guidance in its implementation and in procedures used in the development and operation of systems.
* Manages the Network Security Program. Implements and advises on IT security policies and procedures to ensure protection of information transmitted to the installation, among organizations on the installation, and from the installation using Local Area Networks (LAN), Wide Area Networks (WAN), the World Wide Web, or other communications modes. Utilizes current and future multi-level security products collectively to provide data integrity, confidentiality, authentication, non-repudiation, and access control of the LAN.
* Assists with consultation and review of IT contracts. Upon completion of feasibility studies and other projects designed to identify functional needs and changing business requirements for advancements in technology, recommends IT priority adjustments to meet new business needs. ### Travel Required Occasional travel - Work may occasionally require travel away from the normal duty station on military and commercial aircraft. ##### Supervisory status No ##### Promotion Potential 12 ### Who May Apply #### This job is open to… Federal Employees, Individuals with Disabilities, Military Spouses, and Former Overseas Employees. See Job Summary for further information on Who May Apply. Questions? This job is open to 4 groups. * #### Job family (Series) 2210 Information Technology Management #### Similar jobs * Analysts, Information Security
* Analysts, Information Systems
* Computer And Information Systems Managers
* Computer Systems Managers
* Information Security Analysts
* Information Systems Analysts * Requirements Help ## Requirements ### Conditions of Employment * U.S. Citizenship Required.
* Males must be registered for Selective Service, see www.sss.gov.
* Must be able to obtain and maintain a Top Secret security clearance.
* PCS expenses WILL NOT be paid.
* This posn is subject to provisions of the DoD Priority Placement Program.
* Disclosure of Political Appointments.
* This posn is drug tested.
* This posn is Key.
* Term posn (NTE 4 Yrs). May be made permanent without further competition. **ADDITIONAL CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:** * The employee may be required to work other than normal duty hours, which may include evenings, weekends, and/or holidays.
* Recall to duty may be a requirement of this position.
* The employee may be required to perform various additional duties.
* The employee must possess certification(s) as required by DoD Directives (such as Certified Information System Security Professional (CISSP) as required by DoDD 8140.01 and DoD 8570.01-M).
* Familiarity with military environment such as military operations, organizations, and operational information requirements is desired.
* This is a KEY position IAW AFI 36-507. Duties of this position are essential to the accomplishment of wartime/ contingency operations. Employee of key positions must be removed from their military recall status if alternative for filling of the position during an emergency are not available. ### Qualifications **GS-2210-12 Specialized Experience:** Individuals must have IT-related experience demonstrating each of the four competencies listed below: Attention to Detail, Customer Service, Oral Communication, and Problem Solving **AND** one year of specialized experience which includes mastery of, and skill in applying, business process engineering concepts and methods sufficient to lead/conduct studies designed to identify potential improvements in the way information technology is applied to key business functions and ensuring compliance with Information Assurance guidelines. Knowledge of a broad range of IT principles, methods, advancements, polices, systems concepts and analysis, design, development, testing and applications to include hardware and software. This definition of specialized experience is typical of work performed at the GS-11 grade/level or equivalent in the federal service. **FEDERAL TIME-IN-GRADE (TIG) REQUIREMENT FOR GENERAL SCHEDULE (GS) POSITIONS:** Applicants must have served at least 52 weeks at the GS-11 or higher grade (or equivalent in an alternate pay system) within the Federal Civil Service to be considered for referral. TIG applies if you are in a current GS position or held a GS position within the previous 52 weeks. **KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (KSAs):**Your qualifications will be evaluated on the basis of your level of knowledge, skills, abilities and/or competencies in the following areas: 1. Extensive knowledge of DOD and Service IA and Cyber security policies and practices concerning network defense and data protection (including systems software, database software, immediate access storage technology), and methods for evaluating risk and vulnerability, implementing mitigating improvement, and disseminating IT security tools and procedures.
2. Knowledge of IT INFOSEC security requirements for certification and accreditation, network operations and protocols, systems testing and evaluation, and performance management methods sufficient to plan and conduct security accreditation reviews for installed systems or networks and assess and advice on new or revised security measures and countermeasures based on the results of accreditation reviews. Fluent in the DOD Risk Management Framework, IA procedures, processes and initiatives, designated approving authority, and IA Common Body of Knowledge. Knowledge of Local Area Network security requirements and techniques for protecting computer systems from viruses, data tampering, and unauthorized system entry.
3. Expert knowledge of related cyber disciplines such as network systems operations, communication lines, intrusion detection systems, firewalls, routers and current reporting procedures (e.g. IT networking, systems administration, C2 infrastructure, and knowledge operations and communications maintenance).
4. Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing. Ability to develop and conduct training on information security. Ability to analyze complexities of existing technology, reviews, revises, and develops policy, initiates plans for enhancements, and provides management sufficient technical information to render informed judgments.
5. Expert experience in applying military, interagency, and civilian industry cyberspace security principles, concepts, communications technologies, planning, practices and operations.
6. Knowledge of organization's policy and planning formulation process along with its missions and objectives to prepare IT polices and plans. **PART-TIME OR UNPAID EXPERIENCE:**Credit will be given for appropriate unpaid and or part-time work. You must clearly identify the duties and responsibilities in each position held and the total number of hours per week. **VOLUNTEER WORK EXPERIENCE:** Refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service Programs (i.e., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student and social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge and skills that can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience. ### Education ### Additional information **Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP):**For information on how to apply as an ICTAP eligible click here. To be well-qualified and exercise selection priority for this vacancy, displaced Federal employees must be rated well qualified or above for this position. You must submit a copy of the agency notice, your most recent performance rating, and your most recent SF-50 noting position, grade level, and duty location. **Employed Annuitants (Reemployed Annuitants):**Applicants in receipt of an annuity based on civilian employment in the Federal Service are subject to the DoD Policy on The Employment of Annuitants. Click here for more information. **Current Federal Civilian employees** may apply for temporary and term positions and if selected, a break in service of more than three (3) calendar days may be required prior to appointment to the position. **Temporary and Term Appointments:** If you are selected for a temporary or term position in the competitive service, your appointment may be extended to the maximum period allowed by law without further competition. Additionally, if you are serving on a term appointment in the competitive service, you may be converted to a career or career-conditional appointment without further competition. NOTE: Current federal civilian employees may apply for this position and if selected, a break in service of at least 3 days may be required prior to appointment to this position. **90-Day Register:**This announcement may result in a 90-day register that may be used to fill like vacancies for 90 days after the closing date. Applicants may be referred for consideration as vacancies occur. **Direct Deposit:** All federal employees are required to have direct deposit. If you have questions regarding this announcement and have hearing or speech difficulties click here. Read more ### How You Will Be Evaluated You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above. Your application package (resume, supporting documents, and responses to the questionnaire) will be used to determine your eligibility, qualifications, and quality ranking for this position. Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your rating or consideration for employment. The resume/documents you submit must support your responses to the online questionnaire. If your application contradicts or does not support your questionnaire responses, you will receive a rating of not qualified or insufficient information and you will not receive further consideration for this job. Applicants who meet the requirements for and apply as a non-competitive eligible that meet minimal qualifications and other requirements of this position, will be given consideration as a non-competitive candidate and will be referred unless blocked by an individual with priority/preference. Applicants who disqualify themselves will not be evaluated further. To apply for this position, you must provide a complete Application Package which includes:
1. Your Resume (your latest resume will be used to determine your qualifications) * If you submit more than one copy of your resume, only the most recent (latest) version will be reviewed. The latest timestamp will be used to determine which version of your resume is most recent. It is your responsibility to check the status and timestamp of all documents you submit as part of your application.
* If your resume includes a photograph or other inappropriate material or content, you **will not**be considered for this vacancy.
* For qualification determinations your resume must contain hours worked per week and dates of employment (i.e., hours per week and month/year to month/year or month/year to present). If your resume does not contain this information, your application may be marked as insufficient and you will not receive consideration for this position.
2. A complete Application Questionnaire 3. Additional Required Documents (see Required Documents section below). Ensure all submitted documents contain your full name, address, phone number, and last four digits of your social security number. Read more ### Background checks and security clearance ##### Security clearance Top Secret * Required Documents Help ## Required Documents **The following documents are required and must be provided with your application. Other documents may be required based on the eligibility/eligibilities you are claiming. Click here to view the AF Civilian Employment Eligibility Guide and the required documents you must submit to substantiate the eligibilities you are claiming.** 1. Online Application - Questionnaire
2. Resume - must include beginning and ending month and year for each employment period, hours worked and supervisor
3. Transcripts - if qualifying based on education or positive education series (can be a copy)
4. Registration/License - active, current registration/license if applicable for the position
5. Veterans' Preference - a copy of your DD Form 214, which must include character of service or a Statement of Service/Proof of Service which must include service dates and character of service. In addition, if claiming 10-point preference you must submit a VA Letter or a disability determination from a branch of the Armed Forces (or documentation of purple heart, if applicable) and a SF 15 (Application for 10-point veteran preference).
**ACTIVE DUTY SERVICE MEMBERS:** The VOW Act Chapter 21 of Title 5, United States Code (U.S.C.), Section 2108a, requires Federal agencies treat active duty service member as veterans, disabled veterans, and preference eligible, when they submit, at the time they apply for a Federal job, a certification of active service in lieu of a DD-214, assuming the service member is otherwise eligible. A certification letter should be on letterhead of the appropriate military branch of the service and contain (1) the military service dates including the expected discharge or release date; and (2) the character of service. The service member's military service dates are necessary in order to determine whether he or she meets the definition of veteran under 5 U.S.C. 2108(1). The certification must reflect the service member is expected to be discharged or released from active duty service in the armed forces under honorable conditions **not later than 120 days after the date of submission**. The certification must be signed by, or by direction of, the adjutant, personnel officer, or commander of your unit or higher headquarters and must indicate when your terminal leave will begin (if applicable), your rank, dates of active duty service, the type of discharge and character of service (i.e. honorable). Further, under paragraph (h) of the rule, agencies are required to verify a qualifying separation from military service prior to appointment, through the DD-214 or other appropriate documentation. Your preference and/or appointment eligibility will be verified prior to appointment. Active duty members that fail to provide a valid certification of service with their initial application will be found not eligible. Military members may be appointed before the effective date of their military retirement/separation if member is on terminal leave. #### If you are relying on your education to meet qualification requirements: Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education in order for it to be credited towards qualifications. Therefore, provide only the attendance and/or degrees from schools accredited by accrediting institutions recognized by the U.S. Department of Education. Failure to provide all of the required information as stated in this vacancy announcement may result in an ineligible rating or may affect the overall rating. * Benefits Help ## Benefits A career with the U.S. Government provides employees with a comprehensive benefits package. As a federal employee, you and your family will have access to a range of benefits that are designed to make your federal career very rewarding. Learn more about federal benefits. Review our benefits Eligibility for benefits depends on the type of position you hold and whether your position is full-time, part-time, or intermittent. Contact the hiring agency for more information on the specific benefits offered. * How to Apply Help ## How to Apply The complete Application Package **must** be submitted by 11:59 PM (ET) on 02/14/2018 To preview the Application Questionnaire, please click the following link: https://apply.usastaffing.gov/ViewQuestionnaire/10134853 To begin the process, click the **Apply Online**button to create an account or log in to your existing USAJOBS account. Follow the prompts to complete the application questionnaire. Please ensure you click the **Submit My Application**button at the end of the process. If you are unable to apply online, view the following link for information regarding Alternate Application. The Vacancy ID is 10134853 **PLEASE NOTE:** It is the applicant's responsibility to verify that information entered and/or uploaded, (i.e., resume) is received, accurate, and submitted by the closing date. You may verify your documents have been processed with your application package successfully. You can access your USAJOBS account to do so by clicking here. Uploaded documents may take up to one hour to clear the virus scan. Human Resources **WILL NOT**modify or change any answers submitted by an applicant. Read more ### Agency contact information ### Total Force Service Center ##### Phone 1-800-525-0102 ##### Email DO.NOT.EMAIL@CALL.ONLY ##### Address Elmendorf AFB
8517 20th Street
Elmendorf AFB, AK
US Learn more about this agency ### Next steps Once your application package is received an acknowledgement email will be sent. If you provided an email address, you will receive an email message acknowledging receipt of your application. Your application package will be used to determine your eligibility and qualifications for consideration. If you are determined to be ineligible or not qualified, your application will receive no further consideration. To check the status of your application or return to a previous or incomplete application, log into your USAJOBS account, select My Applications, and click on the more information link under the application status for this position. If you do not provide an email address, you are responsible for checking status updates and notifications in USAJOBS. Hard copy notifications will not be sent to you. Read more * Fair & Transparent ## Fair & Transparent The Federal hiring process is setup to be fair and transparent. Please read the following guidance. ### Equal Employment Opportunity Policy The United States Government does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor. * Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) for federal employees & job applicants Read more ### Reasonable Accommodation Policy Federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities where appropriate. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process should contact the hiring agency directly. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis. A reasonable accommodation is any change to a job, the work environment, or the way things are usually done that enables an individual with a disability to apply for a job, perform job duties or receive equal access to job benefits. Under the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodations when: * An applicant with a disability needs an accommodation to have an equal opportunity to apply for a job.
* An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to perform the essential job duties or to gain access to the workplace.
* An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to receive equal access to benefits, such as details, training, and office-sponsored events. You can request a reasonable accommodation at any time during the application or hiring process or while on the job. Requests are considered on a case-by-case basis. Learn more about disability employment and reasonable accommodations or how to contact an agency. Read more #### Legal and regulatory guidance * Financial suitability
* Social security number request
* Privacy Act
* Signature and false statements
* Selective Service
* New employee probationary period This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/490665300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered. *Open & closing dates:* 02/07/2018 to 02/14/2018 *Salary:* $87,781 to $114,115 per year *Pay scale & grade:* GS 12 *Work schedule:* Full-Time *Appointment type:* Term - 4 Years
U.S Department of the Air Force
Website : http://www.af.mil/
The mission of the United States Air Force is to fly, fight and win … in air, space and cyberspace. To achieve that mission, the Air Force has a vision of Global Vigilance, Reach and Power. That vision orbits around three core competencies: developing Airmen, technology to war fighting and integrating operations. These core competencies make our six distinctive capabilities possible. Air and Space Superiority With it, joint forces can dominate enemy operations in all dimensions: land, sea, air and space. Global Attack Because of technological advances, the Air Force can attack anywhere, anytime and do so quickly and with greater precision than ever before.