SUPERVISORY LOGISTICS MANAGEMENT SPECIALIST
Air Mobility Command
Scott Air Force Base
Click on Learn more about this agency button below to view
considered and other **IMPORTANT** information.
The primary purpose of this position is to serve as a first level supervisor and Chief of the Plans and Integration Section (LGRDX), providing planning, directing, organizing, and exercising control over assigned non-supervisory employees.
Learn more about this agency
* Develops integrated organizational and contingency plans goals and objectives.
* Exercises supervisory personnel management responsibilities.
* Serves as the focal point for all wing deployment and/or reception operations and organizations.
* Analyzes base augmentation duty program requirements.
* Meets with key customers and coordinating officials.
### Travel Required
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
##### Supervisory status
##### Promotion Potential
* #### Job family (Series)
0346 Logistics Management
#### Similar jobs
* Logistics Specialists
* Specialists, Logistics
### Conditions of Employment
* U.S. Citizenship Required.
* Males must be registered for Selective Service, see ***** Recruitment incentives may/may not be authorized.
* This posn is subject to provisions of the DoD Priority Placement Program.
* Disclosure of Political Appointments
* Work may occasionally require travel away from the normal duty station on military or commercial aircraft.
* Employee may be required to work extended or other than normal duty hours to include evenings and weekends and may be subject to recall for contingency or expeditionary support.
* This position is designated as a Key position IAW AFI 36-507. Duties of this position are essential to the accomplishment of
* Incumbents of key positions must be removed from their military recall status if alternatives for filling of the position during an emergency are not available.
* This position may function as the trainer/certifier for officer and enlisted personnel assigned to Logistics Readiness and/or Logistics Plans Air Force Specialty Codes (AFSCs).
* Must be able to obtain and maintain a Top Secret Clearance.
* This position has been designated by the Air Force as a Testing Designated Position (TDP) under the Air Force Civilian Drug Demand Reduction Program. Employee must pass initial and periodic short notice drug testing.
In order to qualify, you must meet the specialized experience requirements described in the Office of Personnel Management (OPM) Qualification Standards for General Schedule Positions,
**SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE:**One year of specialized experience which includes knowledge of logistics management operations that involve planning, coordinating, or evaluating contingency support, logistics readiness deployment and execution, war reserve materiel management, base/expeditionary support, sustainment, redeployment, mobility bags/small arms weapons, air terminal operations (for non-AMC bases), and logistics command and control. This definition of specialized experience is typical of work performed at the GS-11 grade/level or equivalent position in the federal service.
**FEDERAL TIME-IN-GRADE (TIG) REQUIREMENT FOR GENERAL SCHEDULE (GS) POSITIONS:** Merit promotion applicants must meet applicable time-in-?grade requirements to be considered eligible. One year at the GS-?11 level is required to meet the time-in-grade requirements for the GS-?12 level. TIG applies if you are in a current GS position or held a GS position within the previous 52 weeks.
**KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (KSAs):**Your qualifications will be evaluated on the basis of your level of knowledge, skills, abilities and/or competencies in the following areas:
1. Knowledge of logistics management operations that involve planning, coordinating, or evaluating contingency support, logistics readiness deployment and execution, war reserve materiel management, base/expeditionary support, sustainment, redeployment, mobility bags/small arms weapons, air terminal operations (for non-AMC bases), and logistics command and control.
2. Knowledge of logistics management information systems necessary for planning and executing deployment operations (e.g., Logistics Module (LOGMOD), Deliberate Crisis Action Planning and Execution Systems (DCAPES), AEF UTC Reporting Tool.)
3. Knowledge of safety and security regulations, practices, and procedures.
4. Skill in analyzing, evaluating, and interpreting logistics readiness factors, and formulating procedural solutions to problems.
5. Ability to integrate the separate functions in planning or implementing a logistics management program.
6. Ability to plan, organize, and directs the functions and staff of a small to medium sized organization.
**PART-TIME OR UNPAID
will be given for appropriate unpaid and or part-time work. You must clearly identify the duties and responsibilities in each position held and the total number of hours per week.
**VOLUNTEER WORK EXPERIENCE:** Refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service Programs (i.e., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student and social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge and skills that can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
This job does not have an education qualification requirement.
### Additional information
You MUST have one or more listed eligibilities (click **Learn more about this agency** button above) to be considered. Eligibility claims must be supported with required documentation submitted with each application package to be considered. Transfer and Reinstatement or equivalent eligibles must provide their most current SF-50 and the SF-50 reflecting the highest grade held if not reflected on most current/separation SF-50. *Air Force is not responsible for erroneous eligibilities you list or fail to list.
**Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP):**For information on how to apply as an ICTAP eligible click here. To be well-qualified and exercise selection priority for this vacancy, displaced Federal employees must be rated well qualified or above for this position. You must submit a copy of the agency notice, your most recent performance rating, and your most recent SF-50 noting position, grade level, and duty location.
**Employed Annuitants (Reemployed
in receipt of an annuity based on civilian employment in the Federal Service are subject to the DoD Policy on The Employment of Annuitants. Click here for more information.
**90-Day Register:**This announcement may result in a 90-day register that may be used to fill like vacancies for 90 days after the closing date. Applicants may be referred for consideration as vacancies occur.
**Direct Deposit:** All federal employees are required to have direct deposit.
**If you have questions regarding this announcement and have hearing or speech difficulties click here.**
**Tax Law Impact for PCS:** On 22-Dec-2017, Public Law 115-97 - the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act of 2017 suspended qualified moving expense deductions along with the exclusion for employer reimbursements and payments of moving expenses effective 01-Jan-2018 for tax years 2018 through 2025. The law made taxable certain reimbursements and other payments, including driving mileage, airfare and lodging expenses, en-route travel to the new duty station, and temporary storage of those items. The Federal Travel Regulation Bulletin (FTR) 18-05 issued by General Services Administration (GSA) has authorized agencies to use the Withholding Tax Allowance (WTA) and Relocation Income Tax Allowance (RITA) to pay for substantially all of the increased tax liability resulting from the 2018 Tax Cuts and Jobs Act for certain eligible individuals. For additional information on WTA/RITA allowances and eligibilities, please click here.
### How You Will Be Evaluated
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Your application package (resume, supporting documents, and responses to the questionnaire) will be used to determine your eligibility, qualifications, and quality ranking for this position. Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your rating or consideration for employment.
The resume/documents you submit must support your responses to the online questionnaire. If your application contradicts or does not support your questionnaire responses, you will receive a rating of not qualified or insufficient information and you will not receive further consideration for this job.
Applicants who meet the requirements for and apply as a non-competitive eligible that meet minimal qualifications and other requirements of this position, will be given consideration as a non-competitive candidate and will be referred unless blocked by an individual with
Noncompetitive applicants do not need to respond to the assessment questions with the A through E responses indicating level of
Hiring Managers use objective methods and consider previous performance appraisals and awards in the selection process. Current Federal Civilian employees should list any relevant performance related rating and/or awards in your resume.
Applicants who disqualify themselves will not be evaluated further.
### Background checks and security clearance
##### Security clearance
##### Drug test required
* Required Documents
## Required Documents
**The following documents are required and must be provided with your application. Other documents may be required based on the
you are claiming. Click here to view the AF Civilian Employment Eligibility Guide and the required documents you must submit to substantiate the eligibilities you are claiming.**
1. Online Application - Questionnaire
2. Resume - must include beginning and ending month and year for each employment period, hours worked and supervisor
3. Transcripts - if you are basing your qualifications on education or if the position requires education, you must submit copies of your transcripts
- active, current
**if applicable** for the position
5. If claiming VRA, VEOA or Veterans' Preference - a copy of your DD Form 214, which must include character of service or a Statement of Service/Proof of Service which must include service dates and character of service. In addition, if claiming 10-point preference and/or 30% Disabled Veteran, you must submit a VA Letter or a disability determination from a branch of the Armed Forces (or documentation of purple heart, if applicable) and a SF 15 (Application for 10-point veteran preference).
**ACTIVE DUTY SERVICE MEMBERS:** The VOW Act Chapter 21 of Title 5, United States Code (U.S.C.), Section 2108a, requires Federal agencies treat active duty service member as veterans, disabled veterans, and preference eligible, when they submit, at the time they apply for a Federal job, a certification of active service in lieu of a DD-214, assuming the service member is otherwise eligible. A certification letter should be on letterhead of the appropriate military branch of the service and contain (1) the military service dates including the expected discharge or release date; and (2) the character of service. The service member's military service dates are necessary in order to determine whether he or she meets the definition of veteran under 5 U.S.C. 2108(1). The certification must reflect the service member is expected to be discharged or released from active duty service in the armed forces under honorable conditions **not later than 120 days after the date of submission**. The certification must be signed by, or by direction of, the adjutant, personnel officer, or commander of your unit or higher headquarters and must indicate when your terminal leave will begin (if applicable), your rank, dates of active duty service, the type of discharge and character of service (i.e. honorable). Further, under paragraph (h) of the rule, agencies are required to verify a qualifying separation from military service prior to appointment, through the DD-214 or other appropriate documentation. Your preference and/or appointment eligibility will be verified prior to appointment. Active duty members that fail to provide a valid certification of service with their initial application will be found not eligible. Military members may be appointed before the effective date of their military
if member is on terminal leave.
Performance Appraisals for Current Federal Civilian Employees** - Most recent performance appraisals (dated within last 3 years) showing the official rating of record, signed by a supervisor, or statement why the performance appraisal is unavailable. Applicant should not submit an appraisal that does not include this information.
**Awards for Current Federal Civilian Employees** - Copies of any award received within the last 3 years.
A career with the U.S. Government provides employees with a comprehensive benefits package. As a federal employee, you and your family will have access to a range of benefits that are designed to make your federal career very rewarding. Learn more about federal benefits.
Review our benefits
Eligibility for benefits depends on the type of position you hold and whether your position is full-time, part-time, or intermittent. Contact the hiring agency for more information on the specific benefits offered.
* How to Apply
## How to Apply
The complete Application Package **must** be submitted by 11:59 PM (ET) on 08/10/2018
To preview the Application Questionnaire, please click the following link:
****To begin the process, click the **Apply Online**button to create an account or log in to your existing USAJOBS account. Follow the prompts to complete the application questionnaire. Please ensure you click the **Submit My
at the end of the process.
**To apply for this position, you must provide a complete Application Package which includes:**
1. Your Resume (your latest resume will be used to determine your qualifications). If you submit more than one copy of your resume, only the most recent (latest) version will be reviewed. The latest timestamp will be used to determine which version of your resume is most recent.
* It is your responsibility to check the status and timestamp of all documents you submit as part of your application.
* If your resume includes a photograph or other inappropriate material or content, you will not be considered for this vacancy.
* For qualification determinations your resume must contain hours worked per week and dates of employment (i.e., hours per week and month/year to month/year or month/year to present). If your resume does not contain this information, your application may be marked as insufficient and you will not receive consideration for this position.
2. A complete Application Questionnaire
3. Additional Required Documents (see Required Documents section below). Ensure all submitted documents contain your full name, address, ****
**PLEASE NOTE:** It is the applicant's responsibility to verify that information entered and/or uploaded, (i.e., resume) is received, accurate, and submitted by the closing date. You may verify your documents have been processed with your application package successfully. You can access your USAJOBS account to do so by clicking here. Uploaded documents may take up to one hour to clear the virus scan.
Human Resources **WILL NOT**modify or change any answers submitted by an applicant.
### Agency ****
201 East Winters Street
Scott AFB, IL 62225
Learn more about this agency
### Next steps
Once your application package is received an acknowledgement email will be sent.
If you provided an email address, you will receive an email message acknowledging receipt of your application. Your application package will be used to determine your eligibility and qualifications for consideration. If you are determined to be ineligible or not qualified, your application will receive no further consideration.
To check the status of your application or return to a previous or incomplete application, log into your USAJOBS account, select My Applications, and click on the more information link under the application status for this position.
If you do not provide an email address, you are responsible for checking status updates and notifications in USAJOBS. Hard copy notifications will not be sent to you.
* Fair & Transparent
## Fair & Transparent
The Federal hiring process is setup to be fair and transparent. Please read the following guidance.
### Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
The United States Government does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
* Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) for federal employees & job applicants
### Reasonable Accommodation Policy
Federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities where appropriate. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process should follow the instructions in the job opportunity announcement. For any part of the remaining hiring process, applicants should contact the hiring agency directly. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis.
A reasonable accommodation is any change to a job, the work environment, or the way things are usually done that enables an individual with a disability to apply for a job, perform job duties or receive equal access to job benefits.
Under the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodations when:
* An applicant with a disability needs an accommodation to have an equal opportunity to apply for a job.
* An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to perform the essential job duties or to gain access to the workplace.
* An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to receive equal access to benefits, such as details, training, and office-sponsored events.
You can request a reasonable accommodation at any time during the application or hiring process or while on the job. Requests are considered on a case-by-case basis.
Learn more about disability employment and reasonable accommodations or how to contact an agency.
#### Legal and regulatory guidance
* Financial suitability
* Social security number request
* Privacy Act
* Signature and false statements
* Selective Service
* New employee probationary period
This job originated on ****For the full announcement and to apply, visit
****Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at ****will be considered.
*Open & closing dates:* 08/03/2018 to 08/10/2018
*Pay scale & grade:* GS 12
*Salary:* $74,075 to $96,297 per year
*Appointment type:* Permanent
*Work schedule:* Full-Time