Department of the Air Force - Air Force Personnel Center.
Job Title:Electrical Engineer
Description: * Duties
The mission of the United States Air Force is to fly, fight and win...in air, space and cyberspace. To achieve that mission, the Air Force has a vision of Global Vigilance, Reach and Power. That vision orbits around three core competencies: Developing Airmen, Technology-to-Warfighting and Integrating Operations. Core competencies and distinctive capabilities are based on a shared commitment to three core values -- integrity first, service before self, and excellence in all we do.
**Direct Hiring Authority for Cyber Workforce Positions:**
These positions are being filled under Direct-Hire Authority for Cyber Workforce Positions. The Secretary of the Air Force has delegated authority by the Office of the Secretary of Defense to directly appoint qualified individuals directly into cyber workforce positions up to the GS-15 level (or equivalent) that are necessary to carry out the responsibilities of U.S. Cyber Command. These positions are located Air Force-Wide.
Selections made under this announcement may be non-competitively converted to CYBER excepted service.
**For DHA Positions:**
This is a Direct Hire Public Notice, under this recruitment procedure applications will be accepted for each location/ installation identified in this Public Notice and selections are made for vacancies as they occur. This Public Notice may be used to fill positions in other equivalent pay systems (i.e., NH, NJ, NK). There may or may not be actual/projected vacancies at the time you submit your application.
**This Public Notice is to gather applications which may or may not result in a referral or selection.**
**This Public Notice may be used to fill positions in other equivalent pay systems (i.e., NH, NJ, NK).**
**Please read this Public Notice in its entirety prior to submitting your application for consideration.
This announcement may be used to fill one or more vacancies.
Duties and responsibilities vary and may increase according to grade level.
This public notice may be used to fill target grades.
Learn more about this agency
* Serve as a professional electrical engineer, performing design duties in support of an organization. Perform design work for new construction, renovation, and improvement projects for real property facilities, including utility systems, utilizing a professional knowledge of electrical engineering.
* Interpret and adapt traditional methods and approaches in developing design calculations, layouts, drawings, and specifications that support project objectives and standards.
* Prepare conceptual studies and sketches that indicate pertinent design features, material, equipment, and specifications. Develop cost estimates and time schedules.
* Prepare architect and engineer (A&E;) statements of work (SOW).Coordinate projects with engineers in other disciplines or with architects.
* Keep abreast of emerging technologies to ensure programmed development will not prematurely become obsolete.
### Travel Required
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
##### Supervisory status
##### Promotion Potential
### Who May Apply
#### This job is open to…
This public notice is to gather applications that may or may not result in a referral or selection.
Questions? This job is open to 1 group.
* #### Job family (Series)
0850 Electrical Engineering
#### Similar jobs
* Electrical Engineers
* Engineers, Electrical
### Conditions of Employment
* U.S. Citizenship is required
* Males must be registered for Selective Service, see www.sss.gov
* Total salary varies depending on location of position
* PCS expenses if authorized will be paid IAW JTR and Air Force Regulations
* Recruitment incentives may be authorized
* This posn is subject to provisions of the DoD Priority Placement Program
* Disclosure of Political Appointments
**ADDITIONAL CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:**
* Position may be subject to random drug testing
* Employee may be required to work other than normal duty hours, to include evenings, weekends and/or holidays
* Shift work and emergency overtime may be required
* Employee must maintain current certifications
* Position may require an appropriate security clearance
* Professional registration or license as a Professional Engineer
The individual occupational requirement (IOR) typically provide at least two methods for applicants to meet the basic requirements of the occupations covered by this standard:
Applicants who meet the basic requirements described in the individual occupational requirements are fully qualified for the specified entry grade (generally grade GS-5). Applicants who wish to qualify for positions at higher grade levels (generally grade GS-7 and above) must meet the basic requirement as well as additional requirements reflected.
**GS-07**: One year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-05. Examples of specialized experience include determining standards for construction and maintenance of real property. Conducting condition surveys. Making recommendations for development and improvement of facilities. Preparing preliminary and final construction plans and specifications. Performing cost estimation.
**GS-09:** One year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-07. Examples of specialized experience include evaluating and recommending programs as necessary in coordination with other engineering specialties for their repair, reconstruction, and reuse to meet the requirements of various base functions. Prepares architect-engineer statement of work and fee estimates. Review preliminary and final electrical engineering plans, specifications and cost estimates.
**GS-11**: One year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-9. Examples of specialized experience include designing projects to accomplish minor construction, repair, or renovation of base facilities and/or facility systems such as electrical service, electrical distribution, electrical protection and fire and security alarms.
**GS-12:** One year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-11. Examples of specialized experience include professional knowledge of electrical engineering concepts, principles, and practices applicable to the full range of engineering duties.
**GS-13**: One year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-12. Examples of specialized experience include extensive knowledge of all phases of electrical engineering with specialization in the area of utilities. Must be capable of applying technical judgment to develop design criteria and to evaluate proposals involving engineering concepts and precedents being developed for the real property facility requirements of a broad and diversified electronic systems under acquisition.
**GS-14**: One year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-13. Examples of specialized experience include extensive knowledge of all phases of electrical engineering with specialization in the area of utilities. Must be capable of applying technical judgment to develop design criteria and to evaluate proposals involving engineering concepts and precedents being developed for the real property facility requirements of a broad and diversified electronic systems under acquisition.
**GS-15**: One year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-14. Examples of specialized experience include extensive knowledge of all phases of electrical engineering with specialization in the area of utilities. Must be capable of applying technical judgment to develop design criteria and to evaluate proposals involving engineering concepts and precedents being developed for the real property facility requirements of a broad and diversified electronic systems under acquisition.
To view qualifying educational requirements and/or combination of education and specialized experience click on the following link:
Click on the following link to view occupational requirements for this position:
**KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (KSAs):** Your qualifications will be evaluated on the basis of your level of knowledge, skills, abilities and/or competencies in the following areas:
1. Professional knowledge of electrical engineering concepts, principles, and practices and extensive familiarity with other engineering disciplines and architecture; a broad range of engineering and construction standards, methods, practices and techniques, materials and equipment to ensure work is in compliance with regulations and standards; and the operations, products, services, needs, and goals of O&M; programs and assigned organization and related customers, functions, resources and users.
2. Knowledge of standard contracting regulations; practices and procedures; and work classifications and the regulatory and statutory restrictions on the expenditures of appropriated and non-appropriated funds.
3. Knowledge of automated data processing concepts, systems capabilities, and economic usage to effectively accomplish assigned functions.
4. Knowledge of health, safety, and environmental requirements as outlines in applicable standards, regulations, and/or technical orders.
5. Knowledge of program planning and budgeting cycles, financial control and budget systems, and management; and of environmental principles, practices, procedure, laws, regulations and current legislative issues.
6. Ability to plan, conduct and record site/facility surveys and inspections; research, analyze, interpret and apply rules, regulations, and procedures to a variety of situations and to recommend timely and economical solutions.
**PART-TIME OR UNPAID EXPERIENCE:**Credit will be given for appropriate unpaid and or part-time work. You must clearly identify the duties and responsibilities in each position held and the total number of hours per week.
**VOLUNTEER WORK EXPERIENCE:** Refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service Programs (i.e., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student and social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge and skills that can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
**IF USING EDUCATION TO QUALIFY:** You **MUST** provide transcripts to support your educational claims. Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
**FOREIGN EDUCATION:** Education completed in foreign colleges or universities may be used to meet the requirements. You must show proof the education credentials have been deemed to be at least equivalent to that gained in conventional U.S. education program. It is your responsibility to provide such evidence when applying.
### Additional information
**Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (****ICTAP****):** For information on how to apply as an ICTAP eligible click here. To be well-qualified and exercise selection priority for this vacancy, displaced Federal employees must be rated in the Highly Qualified or Best Qualified Category on the rating criteria for this vacancy. You must submit a copy of the agency notice, your most recent performance rating, and your most recent SF-50 noting position, grade level, and duty location.
**Employed Annuitants (****Reemployed**** Annuitants):**Applicants in receipt of an annuity based on civilian employment in the Federal Service are subject to the DoD Policy on The Employment of Annuitants. Click here for more information.
**Temporary and Term Appointments:** If you are selected for a temporary or term position in the competitive service, your appointment may be extended to the maximum period allowed by law without further competition. Additionally, if you are serving on a term appointment in the competitive service, you may be converted to a career or career-conditional appointment without further competition. NOTE: Current federal civilian employees may apply for this position and if selected, a break in service of at least 3 days may be required prior to appointment to this position.
**Selective Service:** Males born after 12-31-59 must be registered or exempt from Selective Service. For additional information, click here.
**Direct Deposit:** All federal employees are required to have direct deposit.
If you have questions regarding this announcement and have hearing or speech difficulties click here.
### How You Will Be Evaluated
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
**Your latest resume will be used to determine your qualifications.**
Your application package (resume, supporting documents, and responses to the questionnaire) will be used to determine your eligibility, qualifications, and quality ranking for this position. Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your rating or consideration for employment.
Your responses to the questionnaire may be compared to the documents you submit. The documents you submit must support your responses to the online questionnaire. If your application contradicts or does not support your questionnaire responses, you will receive a rating of not qualified or insufficient information and you will not receive further consideration for this job.
Applicants who disqualify themselves will not be evaluated further.
To apply for this position, you must provide a complete Application Package which includes:
1. Your Resume (your latest resume will be used to determine your qualifications)
* If you submit more than one copy of your resume, only the most recent (latest) version will be reviewed. The latest timestamp will be used to determine which version of your resume is most recent. It is your responsibility to check the status and timestamp of all documents you submit as part of your application.
* If your resume includes a photograph or other inappropriate material or content, you will not be considered for this vacancy.
* For qualification determinations your resume must contain hours worked per week and dates of employment (i.e., hours per week and month/year to month/year or month/year to present). If your resume does not contain this information, your application may be marked as insufficient and you will not receive consideration for this position.
2. A complete Application Questionnaire
3. Additional Required Documents (see Required Documents section below). Ensure all submitted documents contain your full name, address, phone number, and last four digits of your social security number.
### Background checks and security clearance
##### Security clearance
* Required Documents
## Required Documents
**The following documents are required and must be provided with your application for this Public Notice:**
1. Online Application - Questionnaire
2. Resume - must include beginning and ending month and year for each employment period
3. Transcripts - if qualifying based on education or positive education series
4. Registration/License - active, current registration/license if applicable for the position
5. Veterans' Preference - a copy of your DD Form 214 which must include character of service or a Statement of Service/Proof of Service which must include service dates and character of service. In addition, if claiming 10-point preference you must submit a VA Letter or a disability determination from a branch of the Armed Forces (or documentation of Purple Heart, if applicable) and a SF 15 (Application for 10-point veteran preference).
**ACTIVE DUTY SERVICE MEMBERS:** The VOW Act Chapter 21 of Title 5, United States Code (U.S.C.), Section 2108a, requires Federal agencies treat active duty service member as veterans, disabled veterans, and preference eligible, when they submit, at the time they apply for a Federal job, a certification of active service in lieu of a DD-214, assuming the service member is otherwise eligible. A certification letter should be on letterhead of the appropriate military branch of the service and contain (1) the military service dates including the expected discharge or release date; and (2) the character of service. The service member's military service dates are necessary in order to determine whether he or she meets the definition of veteran under 5 U.S.C. 2108(1). The certification must reflect the service member is expected to be discharged or released from active duty service in the armed forces under honorable conditions **not later than 120 days after the date of submission**. The certification must be signed by, or by direction of, the adjutant, personnel officer, or commander of your unit or higher headquarters and must indicate when your terminal leave will begin (if applicable), your rank, dates of active duty service, the type of discharge and character of service (i.e. honorable). Further, under paragraph (h) of the rule, agencies are required to verify a qualifying separation from military service prior to appointment, through the DD-214 or other appropriate documentation. Your preference and/or appointment eligibility will be verified prior to appointment. Active duty members that fail to provide a valid certification of service with their initial application will be found not eligible. Military members may be appointed before the effective date of their military retirement/separation if member is on terminal leave.
#### If you are relying on your education to meet qualification requirements:
Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education in order for it to be credited towards qualifications. Therefore, provide only the attendance and/or degrees from schools accredited by accrediting institutions recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
Failure to provide all of the required information as stated in this vacancy announcement may result in an ineligible rating or may affect the overall rating.
A career with the U.S. Government provides employees with a comprehensive benefits package. As a federal employee, you and your family will have access to a range of benefits that are designed to make your federal career very rewarding. Learn more about federal benefits.
Review our benefits
Eligibility for benefits depends on the type of position you hold and whether your position is full-time, part-time, or intermittent. Contact the hiring agency for more information on the specific benefits offered.
* How to Apply
## How to Apply
The complete Application Package must be submitted by 11:59 PM (ET) on 03/31/2018.
To preview the Application Questionnaire, please click the following link: https://apply.usastaffing.gov/ViewQuestionnaire/10106984
To begin the process, click the** Apply Online**button to create an account or log in to your existing USAJOBS account. Follow the prompts to complete the application questionnaire. Please ensure you click the **Submit My Application**button at the end of the process.
If you are unable to apply online, view the following link for information regarding Alternate Application.
**PLEASE NOTE:** It is the applicant's responsibility to verify that information entered and/or uploaded, (i.e., resume) is received, accurate, and submitted by the closing date. You may verify your documents have been processed with your application package successfully. You can access your USAJOBS account to do so by clicking here. Uploaded documents may take up to one hour to clear the virus scan.
Human Resources **WILL NOT**modify or change any answers submitted by an applicant.
### Agency contact information
### Total Force Service Center
550 C Street W
JBSA Randolph AFB, TX
Learn more about this agency
### Next steps
After you submit your application, you will be contacted if further evaluation or interviews are required.
**Your application will remain active through the open period of this Public Notice. Once this Public Notice closes, you must reapply.**
* Fair & Transparent
## Fair & Transparent
The Federal hiring process is setup to be fair and transparent. Please read the following guidance.
### Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
The United States Government does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
* Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) for federal employees & job applicants
### Reasonable Accommodation Policy
Federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities where appropriate. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process should contact the hiring agency directly. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis.
A reasonable accommodation is any change to a job, the work environment, or the way things are usually done that enables an individual with a disability to apply for a job, perform job duties or receive equal access to job benefits.
Under the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodations when:
* An applicant with a disability needs an accommodation to have an equal opportunity to apply for a job.
* An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to perform the essential job duties or to gain access to the workplace.
* An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to receive equal access to benefits, such as details, training, and office-sponsored events.
You can request a reasonable accommodation at any time during the application or hiring process or while on the job. Requests are considered on a case-by-case basis.
Learn more about disability employment and reasonable accommodations or how to contact an agency.
#### Legal and regulatory guidance
* Financial suitability
* Social security number request
* Privacy Act
* Signature and false statements
* Selective Service
* New employee probationary period
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/487701500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.
*Open & closing dates:* 01/01/2018 to 03/31/2018
*Salary:* $33,394 to $157,663 per year
*Pay scale & grade:* GS 5 - 15
*Work schedule:* Multiple Schedules
*Appointment type:* Multiple Appointment Types
Company:Air Force Personnel Center
Fort Richardson, AK, 99505, USA
Electrical Engineer - Direct Hire Authority
Air Force Materiel Command
Edwards Air Force Base, CA
Senior Electrical Engineer
DRS Technologies, Inc.
Air Force Personnel Center
Department of the Air Force - Air Force Personnel Center.
Website : http://www.afpc.af.mil/
Air Force Personnel Center website. The consolidation of AFPC, Air Force Services Agency and Air Force Manpower Agency has resulted in the unveiling of a new AFPC public website containing information for all three Field Operating Agencies. Consolidating the FOAs will allow the A1 community to streamline processes, identify efficiencies, and reduce overhead in the A1 enterprise. Please direct questions regarding the content of this site to AFPC Public Affairs at firstname.lastname@example.org